So, here we go again with the question and answer session... I'm sick of 'shuffle quizzes' and 'My top ten artists' journals, but I'm still up for reading these kind of ones...
Forgive me for 'naval gazing' as my mother calls it.
1. What are you listening to right now?Inaction
(Only got the album a couple of days ago, so it's being listened to quite a lot at the moment.
2. What song makes you sad?
Probably Street Spirit (Fade Out)
mostly, although it all depends on my overall mood. When I'm in a down mood, I can usually rely on Sigur Ros
to get me down even further...
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Every now and then I hear this song on Radio 2... it's a woman singing, I don't know what it's called, but it just REALLY BOTHERS me...
4. Your all time favorite band?
It's difficult to say. Probably either Placebo
or The Mars Volta
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Umm... probably Blue Sky Research
6. Best female voice?
Hmmm... I have a shameful lack of female singers in my collection, which is kind of weird... I love The Yeah Yeah Yeah's
lead singer's voice...
7. Best male voice?
I honestly couldn't say, I've heard way too many. Arguably, Matt Bellamy from Muse
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Rock, indie, experimental.
9. What do you listen to to hype you up?
Always always Robot Rock
10. What do you listen to to calm down?Sigur Ros
, Zero 7
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
It's been a while! It was El Presidente
last December, and they were amazing!
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
It seems to be The Mars Volta
, and all other projects which Cedric Bixler Zavala
and Omar Rodriguez Lopez
have been involved in.
13. Most hated band?
I don't really HATE bands... I suppose I find Greenday
incredibly repetitive and samey... and Rhianna
never ceases to annoy me immensely.
14. Song that makes you think?No Surprises
often makes me think... somehow it's lyrics always seem able to make sense to me in different ways.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Well, it's gotta be The Mars Volta
, I mean, a lot of people 'online' seem to like them, but I don't know a single person (Bar my ex boyfriend) who can even stand listening to them.
16. Coolest music video?
I always enjoyed Pure Morning
and some of the ones that The White Stripes did for Elephant
were pretty awesome.
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
I'm not really a 'babe' person, in truth! Just all the Hip Hop videos they play on 'Channel U' (Yes folks, that's CHANNEL URBAN) seem full of scantily clad laydeez.
18. What "do you play/would you play" in the bedroom to spice things up?
Frankly, any music is just a distraction, and would tend to make me giggle...
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
I learnt Clarinet up to Grade 2, then gave up. I'm trying to learn to play guitar, but I seem to lack the talent/enthusiasm to get any more advanced than Girls on Film
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Yeah, but I always leave... in the kind of venues near me, only a small one forms near the centre, so you can always stay front row, just move to one side. I'm of the 'Dance with your hips, not your fists' mentality.
21. Are you in a band?
No, but I'd love to be, if only I had the... um... talent!
22. If yes, what kind of music does your band play?
23. Ever dated a musician?
No. But my ex's older brother played guitar pretty well, does that count?
24. If yes, what kind of music did he/she/they play?
He (the brother) played guitar, and sang, and once massacred Mr. Brightside
27. If no, would you consider?
Hell yes, musicians are so interesting! (well, clichedly, anyway.)
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
Yeah, definitely. Unfortuntely, I don't think I'm EVER gonna be good enough.
29. Best chick band you know of?
I don't really know of any 'all chick' bands except the Dixie Chicks and The Pipettes, neither of whom I have anything to say about, really. (Hence no artist references - I hate reading through a long survey to see what someone has to say about an artist, only to find it's just one brief fleeting reference with nothing interesting.)
30. Best guy band you know of?
Way too difficult to say!!
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
'Starlight' by Muse.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
Not really my thing, EXCEPT I've got a track which is The London Philharmonic Orchestra
playing the Super Mario Bros. theme tune, and it's just AMAZING!
33. What do you think of Country music?
Definitely not my thing.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
Uhhh... I can't really get anything out of it, but.. y'know \m/, if that's your thing.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
I guess probably Jamiroquai
, and it was super duper amazing, even though I was miles from the stage, and I didn't even think I particularly liked Jamiroquai!
36. Are you a groupie?
No, but only through lack of opportunity. ;)
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
I don't really listen enough... I've got quite a bit of Japanese music (J-rock) from a friend of mine, a few French tracks by Placebo
, and then The Mars Volta
have done some Spanish too. I love singing in foreign langauges though, and oughta find more...
38. What famous musician do you find sexy?
Without a doubt, Omar Rodriguez Lopez
I mean... woah. He's just hot, and so damn talented to go with it.
39. Worst concert moment?
Being punched in the face by some crazy girl at a Funeral for a Friend
gig. She was cra~zy, I tell you!
40. Funny Concert moment?
When the lead singer of The Heights
started stripping... but only got as far as lifting his shirt...
41. Sad Concert moment?
Well, my boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me on the same night as I saw an anonymous local jazz band in the Greek Taverna. It was a great night, till then!
42. Best local act you can think of?
I'm not aware of that many, really... I did some Graphic Design work for Xms3
, so I guess I'm probably legally obliged to say them!
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
Pan Pipes. Yeah!
44. Do you listen to the radio?
Yeah, but much less recently, for some reason.
45. Do you watch music TV?
No, my parents are too cheap to get cable/sky/digital.
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
Nah, not really, although I used to.
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
I don't think so... my ex's bro met Funeral for a Friend
though, and so did my friend Steph, on two seperate occasions. Apparently, they're really nice guys!
48. Are any of your friends/family etc musicians?
Nope. I'm not from a very musical background.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
I'm pretty focused on this survey, so I'm feeling however the song playing on iTunes is feeling. (I stole this answer from the guy before, because it's true!)
50. Song that describes your life?
Probably No Surprises
because like I said before, it's lyrics always seem to relate to me.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
No, but I do know the main ones.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Not really. More likely, if I hear a good band, then I find out what they look like, and more often than not, one of them turns out to be hot.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
C'mon Omar Rodriguez Lopez
53. Favourite movie sound track?
Hmmm... I did quite like the Matrix's soundtrack, first and second movie. (even though the only reason anyone should watch the second movie is because Keanu Reeves is hot...)
55. Any musician pet hates?
I can't think of any...
56. What do your parents listen to?
My Dad listens to all the 'Dad rock' classics... Led Zeppelin
, Deep Purple10cc
... my mum genuinely seems to have no interest whatsoever in music.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
'Seven Nation Army' by The White Stripes.
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
No, I would like to though.
59. What do you think of people who do?
Yeah, go for it. Although Nirvana, Slayer, RATM and Korn T-shirts have got a bit 'old' now.
60. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
I have been described by many as 'Indie' looking. so there we go.
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?Knights of Cydonia
- that Queen style singing bit...
62. Do you sing in the shower?
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
Not, because my parents would hear me! Plus, there's no Cd player in the bathroom, and I only like singing along, not singing alone.
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
Hmmmm... either, would be good!
65. What is in your walkman/discman right now?
EVERYTHING I OWN is on my iPod.
66. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
Hmmm... well, when we were still going out, it was pretty important. I guess he had pretty good taste, and he introduced me to one helluva lot of new things, so I've got to be greatful to him for that.
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
Introduce myself, of course... I'm sure they're very nice boys.
68. Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll, you dig?
Um... I think I'll just stand by and watch the drugs, but sex and rock n'roll, sure, why not.
69. Do you cook to music?
I would if there was some way of playing music in the kitchen.
70. Do you sing on the toilet?
Made it out the other end!