18 avr. 2007, 18h29m
1. What are you listening to right now ?
Yo La Tengo - Mr Tough
2. What song makes you sad?
Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Obladi Oblada by the Beatles
4. Your all time favorite band?
Godspeed You! Black Emperor, or A Silver Mt Zion
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Of Montreal, and Beirut.
6. Best female voice?
Nina Simone, runners up prizes for Regina Spektor, Jenny Lewis, Cat Power and Bjork.
7. Best male voice?
Efrim Menuch, followed by Owen Pallet. Also maybe Robert Smith.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Alternative - often either Post-Rock or Folk-rockish stuff.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Girl Talk, The Blood Brothers, Kiss Kiss, Menomena
10. What do you listen to, to calm down?
My Dad Vs Yours or Explosions in the Sky
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Regina Spektor at Academy 1, Manchester on Feb 15th. Amazing - but some horrible people in the crowd, she did play 2 new songs and a super rare song though. :D
12. Bands you find yourself listening to the most right now?
A Silver Mt Zion, Beirut, Black Ox Orkestar, Patrick Wolf, Of Montreal, Two Gallants, Arcade Fire, Final Fantasy, Autechre.
13. Most hated band?
Arctic Monkeys. That's not even a question.
14. Song that makes you think?
Ring Them Bells (Freedom Has Come and Gone) by A Silver Mt Zion.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
16. Coolest music video?
Faithless - Bombs, Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Bombs
17. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
My Dick is this small because it's 40 by 1 Speed Bike.
18. Can you play a musical instrument?
Yes: Guitar, Bass, Piano.
19. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Yes, I broke two toes and a rib.
20. Are you in a band?
21. If yes, what kind of music does your band play and what is your role in it?
22. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
I wish I was better.
23. Best chick band you know of?
24. Best guy band you know of?
25. Last song that you heard on the radio?
If I listened to radio with music I could tell you. It might have been the hellogoodbye single though - it was horrible.
26. Are you a groupie?
No, I just stalk Regina.
27. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
French, Serbian, Yiddish, Russian, Hebrew, Icelandic, Welsh, Irish, Scottish Gaellic, Bretton, Swedish.
28. Worst concert moment?
Getting crushed by a fat sweaty man at Regina.
29. Funny concert moment?
Will Butler falling off the stage at Arcade Fire.
30. Sad Concert moment?
This first time I saw Regina play Samson made me cry.
31. Best local act you can think of?
32. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
Urmmmmmm, a piano, or a harp.
33. Have you met any famous musicians?
This list would too long.
34. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Clean Getaway by Maria Taylor.
35. Song that describes your life?
My life is an album.
36. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
Not necessarily, I don't place too much weight on that kind of thing. Bands are the sum of their parts - I'm not sure individual members matter that much to some degree.
37. Favorite movie soundtrack?
Goodbye Lenin or 2001: A Space Odyssey.
38. What do your parents listen to?
Reggae and Punk
39. Do you wear band T-shirts?
Sometimes, I only own 4. Two Gallants, Xiu Xiu, The Smiths and The Ramones.
40. What do you think of people who do?
If you wear a bands t-shirt to their show you should be shot. Otherwise it's an exciting opportunity to judge you.
41. What music sub-culture do you feel like you belong to?
42. What song is stuck in your head right now?
Bloody Motherfucking Asshole by Martha Wainwright because I've just been playing it.
43. Do you sing in the shower?
44. If so, what?
45. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
46. How important is your partners taste in music to you?
Very, I find it hard to take people who don't take their music seriously serious.
47. Do you cook to music?
I do everything to music.