20 jan. 2009, 19h40mevery time i listen to a free full track on the last.fm player, it doesn't scrobble... grrr
8 jan. 2009, 21h10mwhy can't i view my "the pants game" journal? dammit! apparently i have a comment on it, though.... hm :(
8 jan. 2009, 20h47m"Put your music player of choice on shuffle, and then write down the 30 songs that come up and at the end of each title add 'In My Pants'. Bold the ones that work the best. Laugh hysterically."
1. The Devil Drives in my Pants
2. Momentarily Lost in Space in my Pants
3. I'll Fly Away In My Pants
4. 2 + 7 In My Pants
5. Disposable Heroes In My Pants (goodbye all you little buggers)
6. I'm Your Man In My Pants (O.o)
7. Jerusalem (pt. 1) In My Pants (not much exciting there....)
8. Cling In My Pants (ewwww)
9. Concrete and Steel In My Pants (how's that for hard?)
10. Wondering In My Pants (scratching my head in thought)
11. Everybody Knows In My Pants (they do?)
12. The Real In My Pants :-)
13. Black the Sky In My Pants
14. Learn From This Mistake In My Pants
15. Keep It Clean In My Pants (LOL from Live @ Bonnaroo)
16. Precious and Grace in my Pants
17. Abattoir Blues In My Pants
18. I'm Gonna Get You Good in my Pants! (You're a fine piece of real estate, and I'm gonna get me some land!)
19. 12-Step Program (To Quit You Babe) In My Pants (doesn't sound like I'm trying too hard to quit ya, I know, but believe me, this is the only way!)
20. Working Man In My Pants (you know it)
21. No Shelter In My Pants!
22. The Destroyer In My Pants
23. Only In My Pants (can you see my Nine Inch Nail)
24. Bulls on Parade In My Pants (yikes!)
25. Hello Vagina In My Pants (ummmmmmm, wtf. last time I checked i didn't have one of those and now i do. Hello!?!)
26. Dollar a Day/When You Are Gone In My Pants (when i'm left all alone i have to make my leaving through really cheap prostitution.... sorry)
27. Piggy In My Pants (bestiality, anyone?)
28. Power of Love In My Pants (cum on ova, we have ourselves a gooooooood time.... does anyone else hear the word "sex" when you pronounce King's X's name?)
29. Melancholia In My Pants (but that's what Viagra's for)
and finally! last but definitely not least:
30. Waterworld In My Pants (oh no!)
Some repeats in bands, but they were all worth it for the hilarity of #25.
5 jan. 2009, 19h55mThe Awful Game!
16 Dec 2008, 12:04
Here's how this works: Use the Last.FM Player to listen to the global tag radio for 'awful'.
For each song, I give my opinion of whether or not it deserves the "Awful" tag.
1 Artist: Klaus Wunderlich
Song: What a Wonderful World
Comment: So far, it's just a trumpet rendition of Louis Armstrong's famous song. No vocals, not something I'd listen to regularly, and not even close to the original, but not awful.
Awful or not?: not.
2 Artist: The Del McCoury Band
Song: Mill Towns.
Comment: A little too bluegrass for me, but nothing unlistenable. It's not good, but it's not awful.
Awful or not?: almost. but not quite.
3 Artist: Jessica Simpson
Song: PlayI Belong To Me
Comment: A typical modern pop love song. User Freakofnature03 goes as far as to say "the only song of hers that I like!".
Awful or not?: Not awful.
4 Artist: pain
Comment: i'm not sure what this is. it's pretty awful though. go back to the bluegrass stuff! techno-industrial screamo metal?
Awful or not?: Awful.
5 Artist: blackmore's night
Song: can't help fallling in love
Comment: this what ritchie blackmore has come to? c'mon man, you can do better than this! it sounds like background music for some crazy anime. blah. terrible. it's made even worse by the fact that it's mr. ritchie blackmore. yeah, i'm sure they had all those electric guitars back in medieval days, ritchie.
Awful or not?: Awful.
6 Artist: anal cunt
Song: i went back in time and voted for hitler
Comment: hahahaha, so bad. but the only lyrics you can understand are "adolf hitler! adolf hitler!" "hitler!" and "vote for hitler!" it's pretty offensive, but... so is everything these guys do. why not.
Awful or not?: Not awful.
7 Artist: B*witched
Song: red indian girl
Comment: bad pop music. listenable though. i guess it's listenable, just bad. ehhhh..... i'l go with
Awful or not?: Not awful. not quite.
8 Artist: Lee Marvin
Song: Wand'rin' Star
Comment: whoa, this guy has a crazy deep voice that kinda sounds like leonard cohen (who is awesome). this is kind of good actually, albeit an acquired taste (but then again isn't all music?) good lyrics. it kinda reminds me of sleeping beauty or some other feel-good disney movie, though, despite the "hell" lyrics.
Awful or not?: not.
9 Artist: anus against nature.
Song: it takes nothing.
Comment: the band is called anus against nature. it's from an album called HA! HA! BUKKAKE! need i say more? other than there are random shotgun blasts over a constant hoovering noise and unintelligable dungeon torture noises that sound like something out of a genesis p. orridge sextape (in which he has multiple personalities). it's creepy and oh so BAD. scary.
Awful or not?: Awful!!
10 Artist: the beach boys
Song: brian's back
Comment: after listening to anus against nature, this is heavenly. although still not good.
Awful or not?: no.
Final Result: 3/10
i really am too generous.
24 déc. 2008, 12h38mPut your music player on shuffle.
Post the first 20 songs that come up.
You can repeat artists if you want.
If you have any repeats, skip to the next track.
it was shuffle 40 songs but i am too lazy.
1. Exit Music (for a Film) - Radiohead
2. The Weeping Song - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
3. The Song Is Over - the who
4. Old Habits Die Hard - option 30
5. The Frost-Giant's Daughter - the sword
6. Intermission - tool
7. Brimstone Rock - 16 horsepower
8. Living is Suicide - dax riggs [a live bootlegged version]
9. Vogue - kmfdm
10. Spine of God - monster magnet
11. Piggy - nine inch nails [from the dvd rip of closure]
12. God of Light - danzig
13. Broken, Beat & Scarred - metallica
14. War Within a Breath - rage against the machine (from The Battle Of Indio)
15. King of Mars - monster magnet
16. Our Love Was - the who
17. Smoke on the Water - deep purple
18. Evil Hides - dax riggs
19. African Student Movement - saul williams
20. Legs - pj harvey
1. Which song do you prefer, #1 or #20?
2. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
3. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
they're great, i'm just getting more into them lately.
4. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
no, i don't really know that song.
5. Who does #18 remind you of?
a lot of people (aaron, Rose, lana, anyone dax happens to be covering, esp. leonard cohen) but mostly the man himself.
6. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
7. Do any of your friends like #3?
no one knows it (except maybe stephen).
8. Is #13 from a movie soundtrack?
9. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
id be surprised if it was ever played even once on the radio.
10. What does #11 remind you of?
cops/ sharon tate.
11. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #12?
they're both really good.
12. What album is #17 from?
13. When did you first hear #19?
14. When did you first hear #7?
like last week - i was going through the journal entries in my doom metal group of all places and this guy started talking about them. i checked them out and they're awesome.
15. What genre is #8?
16. Do any of your friends like #14?
no one has really heard it, but i'm sure most of em would like it.
17. What color does #4 remind you of?
18. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
19. What genre is #17?
classic fucking rock
20. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
not unless you count guitar hero :)
10 oct. 2008, 10h36mlast.fm doesn't count the days that users listen to no tracks as them listening to "0" tracks that day, they just skip those days! this explains why my tracks per day listing seems lower than it should be! okay, time to get up for school.... blah.
16 sept. 2008, 21h18m1.How did you get into no.29?
Cat Power - i saw her on austin city limits on PBS one day supporting The Pixies or something like that (maybe not the pixies... i think it was a band that i was really into, but i cant remember). then i was downloading some bootleg Dax Riggs from my brother one day and i noticed that i had room left on the cd for an entire other album. i searched his music to see what i could fit on there that i would like and i saw cat power's Moon Pix album and decided to give it a go. i fell in love with that cd.
2. What's the first song you ever heard by no.22?
I Got Mine
3. Whats your favorite lyric by no.33?
Agents of Oblivion - "We wither and blow-ow, where the smoke goes" (Wither). Maybe not my fave, but its the first one i thought of. so smoky and ethereal, i fucking love it.
4. How did you get into no.49?
Do Make Say Think - It's complicated. Basically, when i was in high school, there was this teacher (only like 5 years older than me, he looks pretty young, but he was awesome). and although i never personally had him for any classes, i would always talk to him and shit, and one day while skipping my english class to chill in his, i heard some do make say think, and i was pretty much the only person in the room who liked it; one thing lead to another, and i ended up borrowing a ton of cd's from him, including these guys.
5. How many albums by no.13 do you own?
Tenacious D - zero, but i used to have some on my old hard drive before it crashed. i can't remember how they got so high up on the list. they shouldnt be, i like a lot of bands better than them.
6. What is your favorite song by no.50?
i dont have a #50. it goes 49 then 51, cuz there seems to be some ties.
7. Is there a song by no.39 that makes you sad?
no #39 either, ironically.
8. What is your favorite song by no.15?
i have two #15s. Black Label Society and White Zombie. for the former, i'd have to see it's the doom troopin' live audio version of In This River. For the latter, it's hard to say, but maybe Feed The Gods. it's obscure, but it's hardcore.
9. What is your favorite song by no.5?
I don't think I can pick a favorite Johnny Cash song. But his rendition of Hurt has moved me to tears a couple of times (especially the [video artist=Johnny Cash]Hurt[/video] music video).
10. Is there a song by no.6 that makes you happy?
Days of the New - None of the songs are really "happy" songs per se. They all make me happy though, i guess, in how beautiful they are, God. ironically i have Dancing With The Wind stuck in my head. Wait, sorry. It's actually Dirty Road.
11. What is the worst song by no.40?
The String Quartet - i don't really know because i don't remember a lot of their stuff, but it all seemed pretty good.
12. What is your favorite song by no.10?
Radiohead - even though it's kind of cliche to say Creep, that song fucking rocks. (I'm actually probably only a nominal radiohead fan). Actually, it's definitely Exit Music (for a Film).
13. What is a good memory you have involving no.30?
Soundgarden - i don't know. i guess there's not really much other than listening to the ecstasy of the music itself.
14. What is your favorite song by no.38?
The Who - Eminence Front is pretty amazing, even though its a non-traditional who song. also (cliche warning once again) Behind Blue Eyes is phenomenal and Heaven and Hell from Live at Leeds. Oh and Won't Get Fooled Again, simply because it has one of the best rock n' roll screams of all time. and Baba O'Reily is a classic. goddamn, too many to choose. oh and love, reign o'er me from Quadrophenia, recently and famously covered by Eddie Vedder. (i also got to see Heart perform a live version of it recently).
15. Is there a song by no.19 that makes you happy?
Wilco and Korn are tied here, which is fucked up. for KoRn, no there isn't. they don't play happy music, and for Wilco, there's probably a song that makes me content, but im too lazy to think about that right now.
16. Is there a song by no.25 that makes you sad?
25 is a tie between Corrosion of Conformity and Pink Floyd. whereas most of The Wall is pretty depressing, the closest song from COC that i can think of right now would probably be Shelter.
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23?
Acid Bath/The Raconteurs, and odd mix. for AB= i think it was something ridiculous like Thirteen Fingers or something, although i couldn't stand the whole song, so the first full song would probably have been Bones of Baby Dolls. for Raconteurs, i think it was Level.
18. What's your favorite lyric by no.11?
deadboy & the Elephantmen - too many fucking good lyrics to pick just one. seriously. wayyyy too many.
19. Who is a favorite member of no.1?
Metallica - Papa Het, but i miss newsted.
20. Is there a song by no.14 that makes you happy?
Red Harvest- no, this is a fluke.
21. What is a good memory involving no.27?
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - seeing them live @ lolla 08.
22. What is your favorite song by no.16?
23. What is the first song you ever heard by no.47?
Rob Zombie - i can't really remember. probably More Human Than Human or Living Dead Girl. i think the latter, and besides i think more human than human is white zombie anyway.
24. What is your favorite album by no.18?
The White Stripes - tough call, but probably Icky Thump.
25. What is your favorite song by no.21?
Megadeth - that's hard, but definitely something off Rust In Peace like Tornado Of Souls or something.
26. What is the first song you ever heard by no.26?
27. What is your favorite album by no.3?
Dax Riggs - he only has one album under that moniker, and it's We Sing of Only Blood or Love. Amazing.
28. What is you favorite song by no.2?
Nine Inch Nails - can't decide. too many good songs. i can't even post honorable mentions, because that would be slighting the ones i didn't name, and that's not fair.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by no.32?
Marilyn Manson - I really can't remember, but I'm sure I was freaked out.
30. What is you favorite song by no.8?
Saul Williams - there's a lot. No One Ever Does and Black Stacey are up there though.
31. How many times have you seen no.17 live?
Tool - once.
32. Is there a song by no.44 that makes you happy?
Diamond Head - Sucking My Love and Am I Evil, since they were both covered by metallica.
33. How did you get into no.12?
Black Sabbath - i think i got heavy into metallica and then went backwards from there into their influences, even though i'd heard some previous sabbath on the radio and liked it (as i recall: Snowblind). so i bought We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll, and loved it.
34. What is the worst song by no.45?
Alice in Chains/ Stone Temple Pilots - i need to listen to more of both of these bands before i could say for sure.
35. What was the first song you ever heard by no.34?
Firebird/ Led Zeppelin/ Iron & Wine - don't remember for firebird, the zeppelin it was Stairway to Heaven, and iron & wine it was either My Lady's House or No Moon.
36. What was the first song you ever heard by no.48?
Red Hot Chili Peppers - dont know, probably something cliche.
37. How many times have you seen no.42 live?
no # 42 :(
38. What is you favorite song by no.36?
... or 36.
39. What was the first song you ever heard by no.28?
Jeremiah Freed - i believe it was How They All Got Here
40. What is you favorite album by no.7?
Rage Against the Machine - i don't know, they're all about the same.
41. Is there a song by no.31 that makes you happy?
Primus - content maybe. dunno.
42. What is your favorite album by no.41?
43. What is your favorite song by no.24?
44. What is a good memory you have involving no.46?
no #46 - all these fucking ties!
45. What is your favorite song by no.35?
46. Is there a song by no.9 that makes you happy?
Dethklok - ummmm, do i really need to answer this?
47. What is your favorite album by no.4?
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - probably No More Shall We Part.
48. Who is your favorite member of no.37?
ZZ Top - Billy Gibbons
49. What is the first song you ever heard by no.43?
no 43, sorry.
50. What is your favorite song by no.20?
and, to end it all with a bang, there is no #20 either. i have a lot of ties in artist plays.
this fucking survey took forever, but it was pretty good.
31 mai 2008, 5h28mI'm pretty damn hungry. But then again, that's not new. I just want to binge on food right now, listen to Black Sabbath for several hours and watch either "From Hell" or "Noah and the Whale". But alas, I can't, since I have to get up "early" tomorrow. (12:30 or so... yeah, that's early for me. Fuck so-called working.) and read some more of "Ishmael." W/e. I'll probably go to bed pretty soon.
Yeah, I'm still hungry after writing this.
So I'll go eat and THEN go to bed.
It's cool that I have uTorrent now. Pirating is fun.
7 mars 2008, 8h03mPretty much. what the fuck, last.fm?