Name That Tune is fun, isn't it?
Here are the first line/few lines from the current 50 randomly-chosen tracks in my iTunes Party Shuffle playlist, excluding instrumentals and those whose lyrics I couldn't decipher.
Tell me the name and the artist for each, via the comments. You can also give me the next line or lines.
I will reveal correctly-guessed lyrics in the list by underlining them. The artists are listed as Connections at the bottom of this post and I'll also italicise them as they are guessed. (N.B. some artists have more than one track in the list.)
Let's play! Have a fun!
Oh, and looking up or web-searching for the answers is of course unsportsmanly and very much forbidden
.1. D'you see the face on the TV screen coming at you every Sunday? Jesus He Knows Me2. The dreamer, the unwoken fool Eldorado Finale
3. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it
4. The Wheel of Fortune goes spinning around
5. Right now you have the urge to eat something.
6. How could I fall for someone so superficial?7. Everything is open, nothing is set in stone Driftwood
8. Can you judge a man by the way he wears his hair?
9. Well I've been an engine driver all of my days
10. I'm slaving every day for my living, slaving so hard
11. Every space man knows you just gotta have Hostess Twinkies along12. Can't buy me love, love Can't Buy Me Love
13. I know something about opening the windows and doors
14. But they did! Could you imagine a nursing home without a bedpan flusher?
15. Fool, you've lost your way. Look to the stars to guide
16. My mom loves nuts. Mushy nuts, black nuts.
17. It barks at no-one else but me18. The S, the U, the P, the E, the R Super Sharp Shooter
19. Please, Mr. Lacey, let me work your lovin' machine.
20. The willow weeps and having wept can weep no more but still it weeps for me.
21. Just ball, just ball, just ball, just ball, just ball, that's all
22. Leave me in the morning, I'll be fine
23. A fine young man it was indeed
24. Now, we've got a letter here from Andy Catpee who says, "Can you play something romantic for my beautiful wife, Mangela?"25. I live by the ocean and during the night Anchor Song
26. The ball of fire that sits beside him
27. It's Christmas time but happiness is still so far away
28. Who cares, who cares, who cares, who cares what I am saying?
29. We hear a lot of talk about the ecumenical movement30. I met her at the Burger King Oh Oh I Love Her So
31. Lost love, you're the one that lies in my arms32. When you go to a restaurant on the weekends, it's busy so they start a waiting list and they start calling out names The Dufrenes
33. It's getting near dark when lights close their tired eyes.
34. How come he don't come and P.I.P. with me?35. My old desk does an arabesque Good Old Desk
36. Pretty Polly Possum, what's wrong with you?
37. If there's an absolute white (and there is)
38. Three-two-one-zero! Dipstick, trash bag, shatterproof glass
39. Once upon a time, smack dab, right in the middle of America40. Now, folks, here's something else I got a problem with Why We Don't Need 10 Commandments41. Your flirt finds me out Possibly Maybe
42. Up your mind, if you've got a mind.
43. He's taking her away, he's acting like a general.44. Early one morning the sun was shining Tangled Up in Blue
45. Wow, a team! Right. Thanks for getting together like this.
46. Come on, come on, you think you'll drive me crazy47. I dig a pony I Dig A Pony
48. Oo-oo-ooh I'm Bedazzled (I don't care)
49. Remember the days we spent near the falling water?
50. All the gang has gone home. Standing on the corner all aloneAdam and JoeAdemBentBjörkBob DylanCreamDJ ZincDudley MooreElectric Light OrchestraFairport ConventionFruitGenesisGeorge CarlinHarry NilssonKay StarrKen NordineLloyd ParksMartin CarthyMitch HedbergNegativlandNeko Case and Her BoyfriendsNina NastasiaPeople Like UsPeter GabrielPimpdaddysupremeRadioheadRamonesRaymond ScottRickie Lee JonesSimply RedSpitting ImageSqueezeThe BeatlesThe YardbirdsToothpickTrafficTravisVan Morrison