- Put your music player on shuffle, and put down the first 40 tracks it plays.
- You can repeat artists.
- You CANNOT repeat songs.
01. The National - Son
02. Bjork - Hyper-Ballad
03. Radiohead - My Iron Lung
04. Cold War Kids - Rubidoux
05. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Wind Phoenix (Proper Name)
06. The Chemical Brothers - Asleep from Day
07. Granddaddy - Jed the Humanoid
08. Bloc Party - Little Thoughts
09. Joy Division - Day of the Lords
10. Boards of Canada - Roygbiv
11. Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse (feat. Black Francis) - Angel's Harp
12. R.E.M. - Leave
13. Hard-Fi - Tonight
14. TV on the Radio - Crying
15. Burial - Etched Headplate
16. Bloc Party - Ares
17. Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
18. Blur - Beetlebum
19. The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go?
20. New Order - Temptation
21. Morrissey - On the Streets I Ran
22. Arctic Monkeys - Baby I'm Yours
23. Grizzly Bear - While You Wait for the Others
24. The Cure - Just Like Heaven
25. The Streets - On the Edge of a Cliff
26. Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
27. The Dandy Warhols - Insincere Because I
28. Mclusky - To Hell With Good Intentions
29. Kanye West - All Falls Down
30. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
31. Passion Pit - Eyes as Candles
32. Pulp - Bob Lind (The Only Way is Down)
33. Elliot Smith - Fear City
34. Wolf Parade - Bang Your Drum
35. Girl Talk - Summer Smoke
36. Pavement - Unfair
37. The Smiths - Frankly, Mr. Shankly
38. Karen O & The Kids - Hideaway
39. Daft Punk - Voyager
40. Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
1. Which song do you prefer, #1 or #40?
2. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
3. What album is #26 from?
The Downward Spiral
4. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
Really interesting new stuff, almost feels like they picked up where Massive Attack left off in '94
5. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
It's a great song, but they have better
6. Who does #38 remind you of?
The kid who played Max in WTWTA
7. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
Oh wow, this is hard, both are terrific, I don't know, I guess music
8. Do any of your friends like #3?
9. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
not to my knowledge
10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
I bet if I lived in the UK I could say "yes", but here? nope, not at all
11. What does #21 remind you of?
All the stuff from You are the Quarry and Ringleader of the Tormenters has a very crime/noir vibe to it
12. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #22?
13. What album is #17 from?
Remain in Light
14. When did you first hear #39?
Summer of 2001
15. When did you first hear #7?
I think sometime in 07
16. What genre is #8?
17. Do any of your friends like #14?
Yes, quite a few
18. What color does #4 remind you of?
19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
20. What genre is #37?
21. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
22. What is your favorite lyric from #30?
And we don't know
Just where our bones will rest
To dust I guess
Forgotten and absorbed to the earth below
23. What is your favorite lyric from #23?
While you wait for the others
to make it all worthwhile
All your useless pretentions
are weighing on my time
You could beg for forgiveness,
as long as you like
or just wait out the evening
and always ask me why
yes you'll only leave me dry
24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
In the UK I did
27. Is #32 more of a “nighttime” or “daytime” song?
28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
29. Do any of your friends like #31?
30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
32. What is one of your favorite lyrics from #9?
This is the room, the start of it all
No portrait so fine, only sheets on the wall
I've seen the nights, filled with bloodsport and pain
And the bodies obtained, the bodies obtained
33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
Both ways good :)
34. When did you first hear #27?
When watching the UK series Teachers, half the music that Simon rides his bike to is The Dandys
35. Name 3 other songs by the artist who did #29.
Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Touch the Sky, Through the Wire
36. Do you know all the words to #6?
It's almost completely instrumental
37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
38. What album is #10 from?
Music Has the Right to Children