It’s midnight, and I’m bored, slightly drunk – time to do a 40 questions about your top 50 survey.
1. How did you get into 31? -Scissor Sisters
Dr. Who's episode 'Last of the Time Lords', where The Master is singing along to I Can't Decide
. Immediately loved the song *blush*
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? - Sam SparroBlack & Gold
3. What's your favourite lyric by 41? - Pink Floyd
"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"Brain Damage
I will always have soft spot in my heart for anything related to Syd Barret
4. What is your favourite album by 49? - Steel Drivers
They only made one album so far, Steel Drivers
, but it is amazing.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? - Old Crow Medicine Show
6. What is your favourite song by 50? - blink-182
Easy one: Adam's Song
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad? - Less Than Jake
Nope, one of the few bands in my top 50 that cheers me up with all their songs.
8. What is your least favourite song by 15? - The Real Danger
None, any song of their debut album is just fucking great.
9. What is your favourite song by 5? - Unwritten LawShallow
, both the normal and the acoustic version. Best punk song ever.
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? - Squirrel Nut Zippers
Most of their songs do, but Ghost Of Stephen Foster
ought to be my favourite.
11. What is your favourite album by 40? - Balham Alligators
Only know one album, Cajun Dance Party
, but the only really good song on it is Hobo Blues
, the rest is not really my taste, actually.
12. What is your favourite song by 10? - Acda en de Munnik
Oh, hard one... currently Zwerver met een wekker
, but I have many more that I adore by this artist. It's all in the lyrics that makes me love them.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 33? - Social Distortion
Uhm, being a lil punk rock stoner when I was younger? :)
14. What is your favourite song by 37? - The AtarisSummer of '79
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? - My Chemical Romance
Lol, not really. This is my typical 'I feel emo' band.
16. How many times have you seen 24 live? - Beef
3 or 4 times. Yeah, 4 times I believe. Can't get enough of them!
17. What is the first song you heard by 23? - Big Bad Voodoo DaddyThe Boogie Bumper
or Mr. Pinstripe Suit
, not sure anymore.
18. What is your favourite album by 11? - The Smiths
To be honest, I only know their The Best of
album, but it's fab, so that must be my fav anyway.
19. Who is your favourite member of 1? - The Beatles
Well, the Beatles would not have been the Beatles as we know them if any of the members had been someone else, but apart from that, John Lennon
has always had a special place in my heart - I prefer 'his' Beatles songs over the other members and his character can only be admired. I've been drawn enough to him to have a special John Lennon tattoo.
20. How many times have you seen 14 live? - Boudewijn de Groot
21. Do you have any good memories involving 45? - Bob Dylan
Besides enjoying myself tremendeously listening to his poetical music? None.
22. What is your favourite song by 16? - Green Day
Either Good Riddance
or the live version of American Idiot
. Or maybe even Jesus of Suburbia
. Damnit, now I feel like listening Green Day.
23. What is the first song you heard by 47? - Flogging MollyDrunken Lullabies
. Don't recall where and when and why though...
24. What is your favourite album by 3? - Loudon Wainwright IIIBBC Sessions
, because it contains most of his best songs, including my favourite Hard Day On The Planet
25. What is your favourite song by 18? - The Dubliners
Oh, so many! My top three in random order:Home Boys HomeFarewell To CarlingfordFiddler's Green
But seriously, there are many more that I adore.
26. What is the first song you heard by 38? - DisturbedDown With the Sickness
. Still my fav song by them.
27. What is your favourite lyric that 21 has sung? - DevilDriver
I gotta be honest, I don't always understand their lyrics (grunts and all), but the line "Some things are best just left unsaid" from End Of The Line
always appealed to me.
28. What is your favourite song by 2? - The Statler Brothers
Questions keep getting harder... According to my library it's I'll Go To My Grave Loving You
, but honestly, I couldn't choose. I have slight preference for Silver Medals And Sweet Memories
, but I wouldn't want to call it my favourite.
29. What is the first song you heard by 32? - Rowwen Hèze
I wouldn't be able to tell you. I heard this band while growing up - my parents love this band, I have taken a liking to them myself.
30. What is your favourite song by 8? - Kevin Bloody WilsonD.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? - Elvis Presley
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy? - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Happy is not the word, but Where the Wild Roses Grow
draws a smile onto my face.
33. What is your favourite album by 12? - Johannes Brahms
Album doesn't seem to be the appropriate word, but I love Hungarian Dances Nos. 1-21
34. What is the worst song by 29? - QueenPrinces of the Universe
35. What was the first song you heard by 34? - GoldfrappOh La La
36. What is your favourite album by 42? - Avenged Sevenfold
None really, I just like some of their random songs, to be honest.
37. How many times have you seen 36 live? - Orphanage
Once, somewhere in 2000 or 2001 - my first metal concert ever.
38. What is your favourite album by 39? - The UsedThe Used
39. What is the first song you heard by 28? - Enge Buren
Whatever song they start their 16 May 2008 concert with - don't recall which song it was. Do recall I really enjoyed myself during the gig.
40. What is your favourite song by 35? - WintersunBeyond the Dark Sun
okay, It's 1:15 now, I'm slightly more drunk and for the past 75 minutes I was slightly less bored. One question remains, what to do next?