She was a regular on the radio station I use to listen to at night.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? The Emotions
These girls are my mom's favorite. She loves ballads and more than likely "Don't Ask My Neighbor" was the first song I heard by them.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? Kirk Franklin
"Someone asked a question, why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus what do we really mean? Someone may be wondering when we sing our song, at times we maybe crying and nothing even wrong. I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free."
4. How did you get into 49? The Williams Brothers
On accident I downloaded one of their songs and their words touch me so that I needed more!
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Patti LaBelle
I have never bought an Patti Labelle album. My mom owned "Flame" or something like that. It was a really good CD but Patti isn't an artist I actually buy full albums of.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Dionne Warwick
That's hard because Dionne is a legend. I suppose if I must pick one "Don't Make Me Over". Wonderful lyrics but delivered with such class.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? Williams Bell
"A Tribute to the King" it's a song dedicated to Otis Redding.
8. What is your favorite song by 15? R Kelly
"Imagine That" love that guitar towards the end reminds me of the Isley Brothers.
9. What is your favorite song by 5? The Isley Brothers
Voyage to Atlantis
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? Yolanda Adams
All of them!
11. What is the worst song by 40? Smoke Norful
None, that I can think of. No song about God can be too bad, can it?
12. What is your favorite song by 10? Smokey Robinson
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30? Betty Wright
On vacation with the fam, listening to her hit those Minnie Riperton high notes. Greatest memory ever!
14. What is your favorite song by 38?Michael Jackson
The Way you Make Me Feel, brings back memories of dancing in the basement with my sister and dad.
15. Is there a song by 19 that makes you happy? Vanessa Bell Armstrong
"For God So Loved The World" makes me think of when we had church in my house. That is some great times!
16. Is there a song by 25 that makes you sad? Nancy Wilson
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23? Juanita Bynum
"You Are My Peace"
18. What's your favorite lyric by 11? Marvin Gaye
War is not the answer for only love can conquer hate.
19. Who is a favorite member of 1? Aretha Franklin
Aretha Franklin is only one person. Although her voice and keyboard skills is too much talent for one person. :)
20. Is there a song by 14 that makes you happy? The Temptations
"Beauty's only skin deep", I have memories from that song.lol :) Funny story
21. What is a good memory involving 27? Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
The music of the Miracles will forever be great memories of listening to their greatest hits, cleaning the house on Saturday mornings.
22. What is your favorite song by 16? Alicia Keys
Lovin' You, it was a bonus song from her first CD. That's when I knew she would be a solid artist.
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47? Shirley Caesar
24. What is your favorite album by 18? Rachelle Ferrell
"I Can Explain" her voice shines and the lyrics are just as strong
25. What is your favorite song by 21? Natalie Cole
I've Got Love On My Mind
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26? Gladys Knight & the Pips
Midnight Train to Georgia...I'm guessing because a lot of these artist I grew up listening to.
27. What is your favorite album by 3? Luther Vandross
This may be weird but he has one of the greatest Christmas albums EVER! Other than that I love "Dance With My Father" it is so many strong songs on that album.
28. What is you favorite song by 2? Whitney Houston
"I Will Always Love You", her voice control and the tone of the voice is beyond words.
29. What was the first song you ever heard by 32? Teena Marie
The first time I ever really paid attention to her voice is on the duet with Rick James "Fire and Desire" She shines like only she can.
30. What is you favorite song by 8? Phyllis Hyman
"Meet Me On The Moon", I love the lyrics and her performance is truly a Phyllis Hyman performance.
31. How many times have you seen 17 live? The Dells
I've never seen them live. Which is really a shame since I am in Chicago and they are based in Chicago.
32. Is there a song by 44 that makes you happy?Gerald Levert
Mr Too Damn Good
33. How did you get into 12? Jennifer Hudson
When she first auditioned for American Idol. I was hooked! I followed her career ever since. Even when she had the little crappy website and no movie offers.lol When she was singing in churches. I'm very proud of her :) That's a Chicago GIRL!
34. What is the worst song by 45? Jill Scott
I don't know if it is so bad but I can no longer listen to "Golden" but it's nothing Jill did just something somebody else did to it.lol
35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34? Ashanti
I currently love "Good, Good"
36. What is the first song you ever heard by 48? Donny Hathaway
"A Song For You"
37. How many times have you seen 42 live?Beyonce
NEVER, and I don't think I could stand her concert actually. That girl can't sing but she does have nice dance songs.
38. What is your favorite song by 36? Jean Carne
I love LOVE, her cover of Aretha Franklin's "Ain't No Way"
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28? Norah Jones
Whatever was her first song. Possibly "Don't Know Why"
40. What is your favorite album by 7? Stevie Wonder
"Songs in the Key of Life"
41. Is there a song by 31 that makes you happy? Angie Stone
42. What is your favorite album by 41? Queen Latifah
The Dana Owens Album. Latifah, has such a warm tone. Reminds me of a Dinah Washington
43. What is your favorite song by 24? Kanye West
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46? Rev Clay Evans
Meeting him and seeing him preach. He's an excellent preacher! One of the best! Up there with Rev. CL Franklin.
45. What is your favorite song by 35? Sam Cooke
Wonderful, when he was with the Soul Stirrers other than that "A Change is Gonna Come"
46. Is there a song by 9 that makes you happy? Mariah Carey
"Emotions" I'm a sucker for those high notes.lol
47. What is your favorite album by 4? Chaka Khan
"Funk This" or any album with RUFUS
48. Who is a favorite member of 37? Al Green
49. What is the first song you ever heard by 43? Prince
I don't know but I remember the Batman album.lol Just a memory.
50. What is your favorite song by 20? Babyface