Put your music player on shuffle
Post the first 40 songs that come up. You can repeat artists if you want.
If you have any repeat tracks, skip to the next track.
1. Your Heart Is an Empty Room
3. Sometimes Always
4. You're So Vain
6. Shake, Shake Senora
7. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
8. Something I Can Never Have
11. She's Lost Control
13. Exit Music (for a Film)
14. I Will Follow You Into The Dark
15. I U She
17. Paranoid Android
18. The Time Warp
19. Friday I'm in Love
22. Strict Machine
23. Run to the Hills
24. Son of a Preacher Man
25. Living in a Box
27. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
28. Just Let Go
29. Push It to the Limit
31. Bitter Sweet Symphony
32. Raspberry Swirl
34. Girl Anachronism
36. Black Mamba
37. Glory Box
39. Romantic Rights
40. Paper Bag
01.Do you prefer #1 or #40?
40, Paper Bag - Fiona Apple.
02. Have you ever listened to #12 continuously on repeat?
Yes; when I first bought the With Teeth album, 'Only' fit the mood I was in so perfectly.
03. What album is #26 from?
04. What do you think about the artist who did #15?
Peaches is amazing; I wish I had the kind of confidence and ass-kicking-ness that she does.
05. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
Not lately no, but I still really like it.
06. Who does #38 remind you of?
The boy I'm slightly in love with.
07. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
Lyrics. Most often I listen to Ani songs for her beautiful words, and this song is no different.
08. Do any of your friends like #3?
Nah, none of them have even heard of The Jesus and Mary Chain as far as I know.
09. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
I don't think so.
10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
Haha, on the contrary, it's not played enough! (Psh, as if 'overplaying' The Time Warp is even possible.)
11. What does #21 remind you of?
Dancing, and my dance class.
12. Which song do you prefer, #5 or #22?
22, Strict Machine.
13. What album is #17 from?
14. When did you first hear #39?
On a mixed CD of my brother's.
15. When did you first hear #7?
On the radio.
16. What genre is #8?
Industrial, I think.
17. Do any of your friends like #14?
At least one of them does, yes.
18. What color does #4 remind you of?
19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
20. What genre is #37?
21. Can you play #13 on any instrument?
22. What is your favourite lyric from #30?
"I don't know you that well / but it don't take much to tell / either you don't have the balls / or you don't feel the same."
23. What is your favourite lyric from #23?
"White man came across the sea / he brought us pain and misery."
24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
Never, although according to the Internet it used to get very heavy rotation in most places in the 90s.
27. Is #32 more of a "nighttime" or "daytime" song?
Nighttime; Raspberry Swirl makes me feel like being at a night club.
28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
29. Do any of your friends like #31?
I think so, although I doubt they've listened to it in a while.
30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
32. What is one of your favourite lyrics from #9?
Eh, I don't know the lyrics to it offhand and don't feel like looking them up.k
33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
Alone, because I tend to sing along rather loudly and look like a crazy person.
34. When did you first hear #27?
In a Garak/Bashir themed fanvid for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
35. Name 3 other songs by the artist who did #29:
I've never heard anything else by him.
36. Do you know all the words to #6?
I sure do! It's such a fun song to sing, hehe.
37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
38. What album is #10 from?
One Fell Swoop.