21 mars 2010, 20h13m
8 jan. 2010, 22h26m1. The Calm - Drake
2. Choice of Colors - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressionists
3. Violet Hill - Coldplay
4. Jack and Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp
5. PJ's Rmx - The Roots
6. Laugh - The Game
7. Can I Be - KiD CuDi
8. Julie - Damian Marley
9. Can You Hear? - J.Period & Nneka
10. Tear the Roof Off - Parliament
11. All Around the World - Paul Simon
12. Go Brooklyn ft. Skyzoo - Idle Warship
13. Changes ft. M-1 - J.Period & Nneka
14. Acid Raindrops - People Under the Stairs
15. Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
16. Hip Hop rmx - Joell Ortiz
17. Doin What It 'Pose 2Do - Ice Cube
18. Work ft. Big L - Gangstarr
19. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
20. Crawl All Over - J*Davey
21. Oh! Darling - The Beatles
22. Top Back rmx ft. Young Jeezy - T.I.
23. Paper Chaser - Playaz Circle
24. Pulp Fiction pt.1 - U-N-I
25. Rat Race - Bob Marley & The Wailers
26. Tony Touch freestyle - Blackstar
27. Road to Zion ft. NaS - Damian Marley
28. Crazy Legs/ Rocksteady Crew - The Roots
29. Suns, Moon, Stars - Mos Def
30. Web - The Roots
31. Gumboots - Paul Simon
32. The Second Coming - Juelz Santana
33. Mr.Bojangles - Bob Dylan
34. What's My Age Again?
35. Da Art of Storytellin' pt.1 - Outkast
36. Time the Donuts of the Heart - J Dilla
37. Dig A Hole - Jay-Z
38. Who's Gonna Save My Soul - Gnarls Barkley
39. Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
40. All Because of you - u2
01. Which song do you prefer: #1 or #40?
» To be honest if I could I would choose neither, but I guess I'll prefer U2.
02. Have you ever listened to #12 constantly on repeat?
» No, maybe if I was actually from Brooklyn I would
03. What album is #26 from?
04. What do you think about the artist that performed #15?
» Amazing, Beastie Boy is def a group I look up to, basically made hip hop cool for white kids.
05. Is #19 one of your favorite songs?
» Not one of my personal favorites but a classic nonetheless
06. Who/What does #38 remind you of?
» The divine poetical skills of the man they call Jay Electronica
07. Does #20 have better lyrics or music?
» Wow that is a very tuff question for this song, I guess the music is superior
08. Do any of your friends like #3?
» If they did, they wouldn't be my friend lol
09. Is #33 from a movie soundtrack?
» I'm not sure very possibly could
10. Is #18 overplayed on the radio?
» Hell no
11. Who/What does #21 remind you of?
» It reminds me of a deep resentment I used to have for The Beatles, I still believe their overrated
12. Which song do you prefer: #5 or #22?
» Def #5, The Roots define the genius within hip hop
13. What album is #7 from?
» From Dat Kid from Cleveland mixtape
14. When did you first hear #39?
» Wow prolly 7th grade, great song
15. When did you first hear #7?
» Last spring/summer
16. What genre is #8?
17. Do any of your friends like #14?
» TK, Ham
18. What color does #4 remind you of?
19. Have you ever blasted #11 on your stereo?
» I listened to it late last night, can't say I was blasting it tho not that type of song
20. What genre is #37?
» East coast rap
21. Can you play #13 on an instrument?
» Nah, maybe some backround congo drums
22. What's your favorite lyric from #30?
» I'm a real hood nigga not a hood-a-lum, the way Thought put it down be confusin' some of y'all, cats can't walk while chewin' your gum 'n all with a keyboard got do with a drum 'n all, school 'em on stage like I'm doin' a seminar, professional type, I'm adjusting my mic, go to war kid I'll give you any weapon you like, give you something to run from, bust off your dum-dum
23. What's your favorite lyric from #23?
» They wanna know where my name from, where I came from, where I Florian Champagne dunn, Arm & Hammer grammar, campaign on it, propane slang, put the flame on it; I was so hungry, I could eat a house then shit it out 'til I figured out a different route
24. Would you recommend #24 to your friends?
25. Is #2 a good song to dance to?
26. Do you ever hear #16 on the radio?
» I never listen to the "radio" but I'm sure it got some plays on New York hip hop stations
27. Is #32 more of a "nighttime" or "daytime" song?
28. Does #36 have any special meaning to you?
» Yeah, I love J Dilla he dedicated his life to producing hip hop and quietly became the greatest beatmaker while remaining humble. Unfortunately he passed away but his music will live on forever and this is my personal favorite Dilla beat.
29. Do any of your friends like #31?
» I'm sure got a good amount of friends who enjoy Simon
30. Is #25 a fast or slow song?
» Slow, classic reggae
31. Is #35 a happy or sad song?
» Sad but also remains uplifting cus you can jus feel the soul pouring out of three stack's lyrics
32. What is your favorite lyric from #9?
» Not sure it is an intro to a mixtape think it's gotta Mobb Deep sample so that's dope
33. Is #34 better to listen to alone or with friends?
» Haha i guess with friends
34. When did you first hear #27?
» Think might've seen the music video at some point, then ended buying the Welcome to Jamrock cd in '06, a very wise decision
35. Name 3 other songs by the artist that did #29:
» Boogie Man, The Embassy, Twilite Speedball
36. Do you know all the words to #6?
37. Does #28 have better lyrics or music?
38. What album is #10 from?
» Chocolate City? might be mothership i dunno
39. What's your favorite song out of the 40?
» Real tuff call got four or five of my all time favorites, gona go with Sun, Moon, Stars by Mos Def
40. What's your least favorite song out of the 40?
» "Violet Hill" Coldplay, not sure why it's in my iTunes
26 nov. 2009, 9h37mCURRENT favorite 15 albums. This doesn't mean of all time, it just means what you have been listening to lately and just can't shake..
Stylewars EP- Jay Electronica
Kamaal the Abstract- Q Tip
Attention Deficit- Wale
The BP3 Outtakes- Alex Goose
Pulse of the People- Dead Prez
The Labels Tryin' Kill Me- Freddie Gibbs
Somekind of Wonderful- Jon Hope
Just A Game- The Kickdrums
Shafiq En A-Free Ka- Shafiq Husayn
The Ecstatic- Mos Def
Warning Shots 2- Saigon
The Undisputed Truth- Brother Ali
Where the Streets Have No Name- K-Salaam & Beatnick
The Messengers EP - K'Naan & J.Period
19 nov. 2009, 4h50mThis is a cool way to get a look at someone's taste in music. It could be potentially embarassing...
Once you've been tagged... (1) Turn on your MP3 player. (2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode. (3) Write down the first 25 songs that come up--song title and artist--NO editing/cheating, please.
Basket Case - Green Day
Lost One - Jay-Z
Dumb it Down - Lupe Fiasco
I Want You (She's so Heavy) - The Beatles
'97 Bonnie and Clyde - Eminem
Buffalo Soldier - Bob Marley & The Wailers
Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5
U Don't Know (Remix) - Jay-Z
Day N Nite rmx ft. Jim Jones - KiD CuDi
Casey Jones - Grateful Dead
I Poke Her Face ft. Kanye West & Common - KiD CuDi
Love ft. Median and Elucid - Von Pea
Olde English - Dilated Peoples
If You Only Knew - Jurassic 5
Storm in a Teacup - Red Hot Chilipeppers
Soul by the Pound - Common
Adrenaline - The Roots
On Tha Rise - The RZA
It's Yourz - WuTang Clan
Liberation ft. Cee-Lo - Outkast
I Love the Dough ft. Jay-Z - The Notorious B.I.G.
Stickup Kidz - Folk & Stress
So Seductive ft. 50 Cent - Tony Yayo
I am Music - Common
Soul Slapper - DOOM
18 nov. 2009, 5h02mUsing only song names from ONE artist, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to some people you like and include me. You can't use the band I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! Repost as "my life according to (band name)."
Pick your Artist:
Are you a male or female:
Grown Man Business
How do you feel:
Astronomy (8th Light)
Describe where you currently live:
Your favorite form of transportation:
Your best friend is:
You and your best friend are:
B Boys will B Boys
What's the weather like:
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
Fake Bonanza (Life in Marvelous Times)
What is life to you:
Crime & Medicine
Your last or CURRENT relationship:
Soul Kiss (Sex, Love and Money)
A Tree Never Grown
What is the best advice you have to give:
Knowledge of Self (Determination)
Thought for the Day:
Thug is a Drug
How I would like to die:
A Soldier's Dream
My soul's present condition:
Fear Not of Man