Roads by Portishead
2. What song makes you sad?
Somedays by Regina Spektor is one of the more solemn songs I've heard. Especially when coupled with the video.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Any song ever created by Mindless Self Indulgence.
4. Your all-time favourite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Not so much discovered, but re-discovered in Portishead, thanks to the new album that I've finally had a chance to listen to which is rather brilliant. As for new bands, Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man, Drive-by Truckers, the Dodos..
6. Best female voice?
None really compares in uniqueness than Regina Spektor. But I also would like to put Anneke Van Giersbergen and Jenny Lewis in the elite group of amazing female vocalists.
7. Best male voice?
Ryan Adams, because of the sheer raspiness and emotion. Also, Mikael Akerfeldt because of the many different things he can do with his voice.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
I go through many phases, so it's hard to really pinpoint. Right now it's been a lot of Alternative Country and Trip-Hop.
9. What do you listen to to hype you up?
Usually something uplifting like My Morning Jacket, or heavy like Opeth. It really depends.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Stars of the Lid if I REALLY want to chill and zone out and forget what I'm doing. But usually it's Agua De Annique, Sigur Ros, Damien Rice, Emiliana Torrini, something along those lines.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Bon Iver and Black Mountain. Solid show.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
13. Most hated band?
Mindless Self Indulgence.
14. Song that makes you think?
The entire Scenes From a Memory album by Dream Theater kind of blows my mind.
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
The Gathering, they never cease to amaze and surprise me.
16. Coolest music video?
I Lived on the Moon by Kwoon. Breathtaking video.
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
Goldfrapp, in their disco Supernature era. Lol.
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
Yes, not really something I enjoy all that much.
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
Meh, sort of?
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
I wish I was a more talented musician
29. Best chick band you know of?
Well, in terms of having one or two female musicians I'd say The Gathering and Rilo Kiley, since the women in those bands contribute a great deal to the music. I don't know though, this one is debateable.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/CD/etc...?
I don't really remember
32. What do you think of classical music?
33. What do you think of country music?
I like some of it, like Whiskeytown, Wilco, Drive-By Truckers, the country Ryan Adams material, Neko Case, Johnny Cash, etc.
34. What do you think of death metal?
Some of it blows my mind, some of it is terrible.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
36. Are you a groupie?
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Somewhat. Elfonia comes to mind.
38. What famous musicians would you like to fuck?
Hah! Zooey Deschanel, because she is a musician now so it totally counts. And probably Jenny Lewis, she is gorgeous.
39. Worst concert moment?
Getting kicked in the face at a Between the Buried and Me show. Terrible show to begin with actually...couldn't hear anything, sounded like a jumbled mess, people were douche bags, I could go on and on.
40. Funny concert moment?
Special guest beat boxer to do the drum and bass part of "Hotel Song" at the Regina Spektor show. Classic.
41. Sad concert moment?
Crazy guy jumping on stage during the Regina Spektor show. She was extremely frightened, I felt bad lol.
42. Best local act you can think of?
43. If you were a musical instrument, what would you be?
I don't know!
44. Do you listen to the radio?
45. Do you watch music TV?
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
47. Have you ever met any famous musicians?
Opeth. 4/5 of the Gathering.
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
"This Low" by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irgolva
50. Song that describes your life?
Travel by the Gathering. I think.
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Sometimes I won't lie, I occasionally will find myself liking something slightly more if the musician is attractive. But not often.
53. Favorite movie soundtrack?
Once, that is an easy one! best soundtrack ever.
55. Any musician pet peeves?
56. What do your parents listen to?
My mom-shitty music. My dad- shitty music with a few redeemable likings for Isis, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree,and The Duke Spirit.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
Lovely Head by Goldfrapp
58. Do you wear band T-shirts?
59. What do you think of people who do?
doesn't bother me
60. What music subculture do you feel like you belong to?
Not entirely sure
61. What song is stuck in your head right now?
62. Do you sing in the shower?
63. If so, what? If not, why not?
Because, I just don't feel the urge too.
64. Would you rather marry a musician or be one yourself?
66. How important is your partner's taste in music to you?
A little too important...
67. Hanson moves in next door to you, do you go introduce yourself, or do you arrange to beat them up?
I'd play music with them, who knows maybe we could create something good if I showed them some decent music eh?
68. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll, you dig?
69. Do you cook to music?
I have before.
70. Do you sing in the toilet?