This entry is about the new service for gaming: http://www.onlive.com/
http://onlivetalk.com/2009/04/top-10-reasons-not-to-get-onlive/ Since I wrote a quick post on the Top 10 Reasons to Get Onlive, I thought to be fair I should also list the top 10 reasons others won’t get OnLive. Check them out below:
1. OnLive is using new technology that possibly might not work.
2. Lag could possibly be a huge problem.
3. OnLive has very few games (currently only 16).
4. OnLive could possibly be delayed and possibly never come out, becoming the next Phantom.
5. If the OnLive service ever goes down, you can’t play your games.
6. If you lose or don’t have Internet access, you can’t play your games.
7. OnLive is only available in the United States.
8. High definition gaming requires at least a 5 Mbps connection.
9. OnLive doesn’t have the backing of a huge corporation like Microsoft or Sony.
10. Using L, I, V, and E buttons instead of A/B X/Y buttons is stupid and confusing, just like “circle” and “triangle” buttons on PlayStation.
AGREED, any man with a minimum amount of logic would figure these are ret.. um weird motives (they are not reasons at all):
1. good thing they didn’t say: that possibly might probably shouldn’t in some cases work doesn’t get any vague than that, proves zilch
2. true but that’s a HUGE “could” if they get servers all over the “could” gets pwnd
3. Well no duh let’s see how many games did EA have when they started out, or any gaming company or gaming service in a BETA state. you’d be… to expect one hundred games when it’s in a beta or even at the begining
4. “could possibly” AGAIN nothing certain epic fail I could possibly buy a car on friday if I found some money on trees, and the trees could possibly maybe grow that money. I could possibly do a lot of things but that’s intuition NOT REASON.
5. If my ISP goes down I don’t have internet, if electricity goes down I don’t have any power in the house that doesn’t mean I quit on my ISP or I throw my PC, TV, Phone, or other out the window because they need electricity
6. If you don’t have internet access you can’t play MMOs or download Patches or watch youtube, or post on forums or download porn, but that doesn’t mean the services aren’t succesfull.
7. And they said that in time they will extend it, Last fm will be free only in Germany UK and USA but it still rocks. If pandora (which is unavaliable in Romania my country said they will make it avaliable for RO, I’d wait why not)
8. And you will not die, and the game will not crash, if you use Standard definition, or upgrade your connection, how much you want to spend on your connection is NOT the company’s problem.
9. Windows vista has the backing of Microsoft and it still sucks, Internet explorer 6 has the backing of Microsoft and it still sucks because it doesn’t support css2, loads of games have the backing up of sony and they still suck. Onlive doesn’t have that backing up because it gives the advantage to the people not the company, obviously the companies don’t like that, because they want to get rich of our –ses, How do you thin Billy boy got to wealthy?
10. ummm and you can connect a controller to the pc to solve your problem, actually their own controller since it has a usb port.
you EPIC FAIL in providing at least one reason (never mind 10) why people shouldn’t use Onlive, go back to spending your money on specs and consoles. I do hope Online notes in this period who supports it and who does not, and when it will work, and evolve to international all who said onlive fails should be banned from the service
I later on saw that the post was made by the admin just to be fair about the top 10 reasons to use the service
Opps hope they don't mind my excentric reaction to it
still I must confess it felt rather good to get lose of all the frustration I've been feeling over some people that don't support the service