20. Future Islands- Singles
19. Ryan Adams- S/T
18. Real Estate- Atlas
17. How to Dress Well- What is This Heart?
16. The Antlers- The Familiars
15. TV on the Radio- Seeds
14. Andy Stott- Faith in Strangers
13. Tobacco- Ultima II Massage
12. Aphex Twin- Syro
11. Parquet Courts/Parkey Quartz- Sunbathing Animal/Content Nausea. Both
10. Run the Jewels -RTJ2. Fuck yes, that is all.
9. Tweedy- Sukierae. Ignore the easy jokes about this album being, very literally, dad rock, and let's bask in this beautiful, oddly overlooked, collection of classic Jeff Tweedy songs. Low Key, Slow Love, I’ll Sing It, among others, would all fit seamlessly in a top tier Wilco release.
8. Liars- Mess. An interestingly paced album, with huge pummelling zombie techno up front tempered by downbeat, dread soaked electro soundscapes on the back half. Is there a more menacing song this year than “Pro Anti Anti”?