19 juin 2010, 14h56m par Strykz
25 avr. 2009, 11h16m par Zadam_AFCApril:
1. Les Savy Fav - Let's Stay Friends
2. Tubelord - Feed Me A Box Of Words
3. Veto - I know that you know
4. Maxïmo Park - Quicken the Heart
5. Modwheelmood - Pearls to Pigs, Vol. 1
1. Adebisi Shank - This is the album of a band called Adebisi Shank
2. Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone!
3. We Are Knives - We Have Become Like Knives
4. Ever Since The Lake Caught Fire - phhh, I don't know ...just all of their songs? X
5. The Tupolev Ghost- The Tupolev Ghost
Sorry Blakfish, only 6th place (
1. Mutiny on the Bounty - Danger Mouth
2. Turboweekend - Night Shift
3. Blakfish - Champions
4. Does It Offend You, Yeah? - You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into
5. Elle Milano- Acres Of Dead Space Cadets
1. Errors - It's Not Something, But It Is Like Whatever
2. Data.Select.Party- Hanging Out With Humans
3. Haemostatic Picnic Races - Helios! These Are Instructions
4. Ronald Jenkees - Ronald Jenkees
24 mars 2009, 19h38m par rafi2600To introduce the subject, let's begin with easy stuff..
Paul Gilbert - Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar
It's a nice fusion album with an old fashioned style and great technical and musical skills.
Different style for each song but each time it is good. I suppose you might prefer that to Yngwie..
Just to spend a good time remembering the good old days..
I put the level higher with that highly hype-friendly thing that is coming now..
Adebisi Shank - This is the album of a band called Adebisi Shank
Crappy name but who cares ?
The music is hardly the most interesting 'indie' thing I've heard for years. Not very hard to listen because not aggressive but with nice rhythmical structures and atypical melodies..
12 jan. 2009, 21h51m par w0bbEL2008 \\ the music.
What a year: School leaving examination, driving license (on second attempt albeit the first was better), first own flat (namely in a rooming house only, but the feeling is the same), first semester at college, a shared stage with A Wilhelm Scream (YES!), first semi-professional output of my band (begot next to nothing in terms of success, money and groupies, but it's a good record of course) and a Converge hoody plus an Isis hoody (YES!!!!). While the former happenings are somewhat ok but not life changing in any sense and of course not relevant for the topic this journal seems to deal with, the latter ones do a better job at hinting at the most important thing the year 2008 had to offer for me personally: music.
While 2008 surely was no revolutionary year in music history (despite a new Guns N' Roses record), it's my personal highlight in terms of appreciating and also some kind of understanding today's music in all it's variety and aspirations. …
13 déc. 2008, 21h52m par Drunk_TrumpetHere you are Internet... Drunk Trumpet's picks for his favourite albums to be pressed in 2008!
1. Mogwai- The Hawk is Howling
clip: (Batcat music video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMDCM5OAOaE
2. Adebisi Shank- This is the album of a band called Adebisi Shank
clip: (You Me live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0i6ziV5HRw
3. Grails- Doomsdayer's Holiday
clip: (Reincarnation Blues live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBBKOu73Qw
4. Black Mountain- In the Future
clip: (Queens Will Play live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-D4rgXqe0Q
5. Man Man- Rabbit Habbits
clip: (Top Drawer live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrOt0CO334
6. The Black Keys- Attack & Release
clip: (I Got Mine live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AfKcHwoP4
7. Boris- Smile (Japanese Version)
clip: (Statement music video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_GgowniQWk
8. Russian Circles- Station
clip: (Harper Lewis live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v6Iqunw5S0
9. The Black Angels- Directions to See a Ghost