suggestions for the j a z z | h a u s ?

• suggestions for the j a z z | h a u s ?

hi members and jazz friends,

hope you'll enjoy this new venture. the concept is simple.

imagine a vital jazzclub in your city featuring artists from all around the country, new jazz talents from, say, cologne, germany, and special guests from NYC or tokyo ... the big names and the small names, all united in making the music we all love.

as you might realize, i focused on *straight* jazz of contemporary and living artists, that's how a jazzclub works. no smooth jazz, no fusion, no acid, no e-jazz, no 60s bebop, no miles davis, but straight contemporary jazz in all its appearances (because we'll have specialized groups for all the other genres and styles, don't worry). but i'm open for sidepaths.

what do you think ?
    if you have suggestions, feel free to post.
    don't mind if i don't follow your advice, sometimes i do :-)

cheers,
    sir hendrix

• MatthiasTp a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 sept. 2008, 21h11m

Francois de Ribaupierre

hi everybody!

try the music of swiss saxophone player

Francois de Ribaupierre

hope you like it!

cheers, matthias

• cool, i connected him to the group.
    someone might add a photo to his page, please.

• Check out Ray Guntrip and Tina May for vocal jazz !!

• thx for the suggestions. i added Ray Guntrip and Tina May to the jazz lounge which fits better for vocal and lounge jazz than this group. Matthias Bergmann is connected to the j a z z | h a u s since its inception.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 déc. 2008, 15h41m
    cool to have hiromi on the front... she's great. one of those virtuosos who's obviously so insanely talented that 'normal' music just can't contain her. (I'd recommend Spiral as her most melodic and accessible album btw)

• BlueCanoe a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2008, 21h42m

An Intimate Christmas conversation

Phenomenal Guitarist Dan Baraszu and multi-talented bassist/producer Joseph Patrick Moore offer fresh inspiration to twelve Christmas classics on the latest Blue Canoe Records release "Christmas Time is Here". The duo strikes a touching balance between the complex reharmonization of these standards and the simplistic, stripped down interplay between guitar and bass. This musical conversation is especially notable in the sweet, lullaby-infused melodic bass part of "Silent Night". The trading of melody between Mr. Baraszu and Mr. Moore strikes images of a mother gently singing the little ones to sleep as the snow gently falls outside.

The pair jump in with "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", an up-tempo number featuring a jumping, rhythmic groove and haunting guitar melody. "Jingle Bells", offers up a unique coloring of another holiday classic. Again, Mr. Moore's creative groove and use of open space provides the perfect backdrop for a truly fresh version of such a seasonally routine melody.

Baraszu and Moore conclude their holiday creation with the traditional, "Angels We Have Heard on High". The bouncing bass line and almost reggae-like rhythmic feel is a sublime counter to Mr. Baraszu's contemporary version of this timeless melody.

Christmas Time Is Here is an inspirational rendition of Christmas standards that offer a rare perspective unheard during this season. The interaction between these two notable artists is emotive and relevant long after the season is over. Mr. Baraszu and Mr. Moore converse in a beautifully woven and unique accord that's rare in a holiday release.

Joseph Patrick Moore
    Dan Baraszu
    Blue Canoe Records

• funkhunter a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jan. 2009, 15h39m

Some suggestions...

Perhaps you are interested in following artists:

Richard Galliano, Michel Portal
    Jazz and Tango. As beautiful as it can be.

Gansch & Roses
    A "little big band". Everyone of them is a great musician, almost everyone "grew up" in the Vienna Art Orchestra. Band leader is the trumpet player Thomas Gansch.

I'm not sure if the next band fits into this group, because they bring several different styles together (Modern Big Band, Rock, Classic, Brass or even Polka). However they are worth to listen to:
    Heavy Tuba & Jon Sass

The next one is - in my humble opinion - the most impressive contemporary jazz french horn player:
    Arkady Shilkloper

And finally the piano player Alan Pasqua.

I had several more suggestions until I found out that they are linked to at least to one of your other Jazz groups...
    You make some great work here on last.fm, Sir AlecHendrix.
    Cheers from Vienna

• thx for your suggestions and your appreciation.

i added Gansch & Roses, Arkady Shilkloper, and Alan Pasqua to this group.

Richard Galliano, Michel Portal and Heavy Tuba & Jon Sass to my other group, borderline jazz.

• MatthiasTp a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2009, 11h33m

paulo pereira

hi everybody,

german sax player paulo pereira has his debut cd out, try:

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Paulo+Pereira+Quintett/Nobresa+Silenciosa/Smokin´

cheers from cologne,
    matthias

• Utilisateur
    • 25 avr. 2009, 11h43m
    check out Untitled Original from Philly!

http://www.last.fm/music/Untitled+Original

• aktsizr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 juin 2009, 13h09m
    Nice Jazz/Avantgarde Orchestra from Berlin... take a look:

http://www.lastfm.de/music/Andromeda+Mega+Express+Orchestra/+videos/+1-0fXlDHtSciw

• wiezeau a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 jui. 2009, 14h37m

Ron Blake

Just found out about this saxophone player:
    http://www.lastfm.de/music/Ron+Blake

• Utilisateur
    • 20 jui. 2009, 2h10m

Jesse Van Ruller

Amazing guitarist!

• cbare a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2010, 20h54m

Luis Perdomo

Listening to Pathways by Luis Perdomo right now. It's good piano trio and I thought it was worth a mention here.

• great suggestion, thanks.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.