do you know who you are?

• Modifié par derek_trash le 7 août 2009, 13h29m
    • Djeezes a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mars 2009, 14h23m
    If you ask a person, Who are you? They will most likely answer you with what they like to do, how old they think they are, their name that was given to them.
    But I think who you really are, is how you react to your own reality.
    This might as well be our imagination, that's how powerful our minds are.

It's strange when you look at how advanced the Greek philosophers were.
    And now look at us. We think countries, races, etc are real. We'd do anything to divide ourselves, fighting for individuality. Still people belong to groups everywhere, like religion and/or (sub)cultures.

Personally I think of emotions originate from the ego, and when I became "aware" of this, I couldn't see hate as bad and love as good. They way I started to see it, was that I need to balance it out. If you're always happy, how do you know you are? Don't you need to feel bad once and a while to really feel the difference? Because, I think, when you tilt to the "bad" or to the "good", you will eventually fall into it and loose your awareness.

Man does look weak in general, it seems there are not allot of people who use their full (thinking) potential. This could be because man was brought up thinking he is what he has. I can't help but think, why am I able to see this, and most of the people can't.

These are just my thoughts about it.

We believe in ourselves because we validate the external. We justify our reasons and celebrate our meanings. To glorify our existence.
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 avr. 2009, 12h57m
    as far as I know, I'm a genetic product. a sum of chemical reactions and a fine tuned mechanism that is able to function properly for a while, with lots of structural defects. a contradictory being that although is fit for a temporary survival has no apparent purpose or meaning. (at least not from what one could observe from his daily life beyond what other people/sources tell him about reality).
    Jean-Paul Sartre put it very well when he said "Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. "

• Djeezes a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 avr. 2009, 15h24m
    Now that you mention the genes.
    tikb0y sent me this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8506668136396723343

Watch it.

We believe in ourselves because we validate the external. We justify our reasons and celebrate our meanings. To glorify our existence.

• Utilisateur
    • 25 mai 2010, 11h56m
    I am you. Responding to myself. I am actually the one who write this question. This is actually you talking to yourself. ...Greetings from the other side :)

• Utilisateur
    • 1 sept. 2012, 4h16m
    What deleted user No.1 said. I'm just a tiny, complexly organized fraction of the universe that has temporary awareness.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.