What do you do if someone says they like everything?

• wingkon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 sept. 2010, 22h10m

What do you do if someone says they like everything?

I usually just leave them alone. I've always wanted to interrogate if they like grindcore or ambient drone, but I'd probably come off as a music snob and I don't want to bother naming things that they don't know.

• ascrodin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jan. 2011, 7h41m
    I ask them if they like Tibetan throat singing!

• Jan74 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 fév. 2011, 12h51m
    I just assume they mean they don't really care about music and it is all background noise to them, be it a Top 40 radio or Tibetan throat singing.

• Ask if they like death/black metal or some really experimental genre.

• Randwer a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 juin 2011, 10h20m
    If someone can listen to every single song, he must be so indifferent and resistant to disgust, that I cannot help anyway.

Otherwise, if someone can show the, supposedly quite rare gems of true artwork in almost shitty genres, then I am rather willing to honour his eclecticism.

They don't trust us, why should we trust them, then?
  • Say "Oh cool" then ask them for their favourite things instead. Then I mentally remove some cool points from them

• @Randwer Most people who say they like everything say that just because they're young, retarded teens who know nothing about music and tend to just like everything that plays on a friends shuffle at a party or something.

• I've never done this, but I'd play some Gnaw Their Tongues or Sunn O))) and wait for a response.

• I've always wanted to ask what their favorite klezmer band is. I tried that once on someone and she didn't evn know what it was. :P

• "I've never done this, but I'd play some Gnaw Their Tongues or Sunn O))) and wait for a response."
    Likewise.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 sept. 2011, 12h39m
    I tend to show them Marduk, Napalm Death or War From A Harlots Mouth.

• IceSpoon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 oct. 2011, 2h03m
    I just assume they mean they don't really care about music and it is all background noise to them [2]

• mason1729 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 oct. 2011, 2h37m
    I send them a link to a song of a genre thats never even come close to mainstream success in my region, or an instrumental, just to see how they react.

That, or I'd say "Your nose is getting bigger"

• I ask them what their favorite Gregorian chant is.

• I like Tibetan and mongol throat singing....

• Everything means music from the current top 40.

But i'm dreaming of showing them some depressive black metal or free jazz. xD

• Utilisateur
    • 7 avr. 2012, 19h22m
    Ask them what their favorite grindcore band is

• warmcereal a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 avr. 2012, 20h46m
    I stop talking to them about music, because I know there would be nothing worth discussing.

• I'd have them listen to music that consists purely of machine-like gurgling, humming sounds combined with occasional static.

• Utilisateur
    • 3 mars 2013, 20h53m
    Ask them if they like metal and if they say no (which happens 98% of the time), I say "well you don't like everything then" :)

• Randwer a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 déc. 2013, 10h53m
    I ask them, what's their favourite Merzbow album

They don't trust us, why should we trust them, then?
    • Laycrimose a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 mars 2014, 3h13m
    stalfithrildi said:
    Say "Oh cool" then ask them for their favourite things instead. Then I mentally remove some cool points from them

yeah, that's exactly what i do too.

unless they then respond with "i dunno, i'm not that into music", in which case I will then flat out tell them that they have no soul.

• Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2014, 16h14m
    I play them my library and they're like "EW". XD Proved them wrong.

• Playing Last Days of Humanity or Dead Infection (A Chapter of Accidents) usually proved they didn't.

Hand on trigger. Phantom face. Don't trust no one. Always on the run.
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.