Firefox Extension: Foxamp

• spaceling a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 sept. 2004, 20h36m

Firefox Extension: Foxamp

Just found this last night, a Firefox browser that integrates Winamp into the statusbar. Basic functions only (stop, start, pause, track forward/backward, and open file). Still, it looks promising and I'm sure new features can be added to it. Check it out at http://www.grendosa.com/index.php?kex=foxamp

• dzee a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 sept. 2004, 20h49m
    Classy stuff.

• moonshad0w a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 oct. 2004, 19h58m
    Nice! have to check that out ;-)

- Free Thinkers are Dangerous -
    • LiquidRain a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 oct. 2004, 1h10m
    i foudn one called FoxyAmp, i assume it's the same thing :)
    http://www.iosart.com/foxytunes/firefox/

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 oct. 2004, 19h47m
    hmm, the thing i wonder about this is that would the player still pause if you were visting a few high load web pages, or did they change it around (in whatever way) so that would'nt happen; or at least be less likely to happen? or is it basicly just the same thing, just in toolbar form?

• Your winamp pauses if you visit high load webpages? Wow that's impressive.

Sorry, i can't see the point in this... Learn the keyboard shortcuts and turn on global hotkeys.

Rabbit, where'd you put the keys girl?
    • goashem a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 oct. 2004, 20h46m
    ...And the current version of Foxamp just doesn't seem to work with Firefox 1.0. Fortunately, a similar plugin exists, called FoxyAmp, and in fact it works with a lot of players, too.

'I'm so omniscient. If there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both.'
    --- Ziltoid the Omniscient.
  • Oh FIREFOX IS GOD!..

*bows down to the almigty firefox....*

• Utilisateur
    • 18 oct. 2004, 22h37m

Re:

Quoth salmonmoose:
    Your winamp pauses if you visit high load webpages? Wow that's impressive.

eh, what can i say, i love my shitty computer; well...i dont love love it, but its better then nothing...just not MUCH better...

• Utilisateur
    • 24 oct. 2004, 7h42m
    it's kinda lame, the buttons don't fit into the browser to well, and i've already got buttons on my keyboard that do it...

• BlueCloud a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 oct. 2004, 18h20m

foxytunes?

Is this FoxyTunes? I've been using foxytunes, works well with FF1.0 , fits into browser well, no problems.

'And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good....need we have others tell us these things?' -Robert Pirsig
    • adski a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 nov. 2004, 14h47m

Why make it application specific?

I have used and been impressed by foxytunes, but don't see the point. I've set up global keyboard shortcuts, have a multimedia keyboard like most people.

I don't see the point of making the web browser the operating system, cramming in a ftp client, rss reader, text to speech app, media controller... there's heaps of apps that can perform these functions *independent* of the browser, so that in the rare case when you're not surfing the web and actually *doing* something, say in word or photoshop, you don's switch to Firefox to change music tracks!!

Each to their own i guess.

• MrDaveB a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 nov. 2004, 0h30m

Re:

Quoth salmonmoose:

Sorry, i can't see the point in this... Learn the keyboard shortcuts and turn on global hotkeys.

If you use Windows NT (e.g. 2000 or XP)
    , you can use the task manager to set the priority of the winamp process to 'Above Normal'. If Winamp has priority, it should never skip no matter what else your old CPU is struggling with

• Gisae a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 déc. 2004, 11h12m
    I rather have it this way
    (winamp 2.95 with custom skin matching the Win2K colors)

With the logitech plugin i was able to link mijn windows keys to play/pause and next song without seeing the start menu every time. Works great and i've been using this for about 2 years.

Modifié par Gisae le 27 déc. 2004, 11h16m
  • Re: Re:

Quoth MrDaveB:
    Quoth salmonmoose:

If you use Windows NT (e.g. 2000 or XP)
    , you can use the task manager to set the priority of the winamp process to 'Above Normal'. If Winamp has priority, it should never skip no matter what else your old CPU is struggling with

My point is that winamp has a tiny requirement, and a webpage/browser that uses that much CPU is crazy :) I'm an animator, I know about prioritys :D

Rabbit, where'd you put the keys girl?
    • spaceling a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 jan. 2005, 2h24m
    I find foxytunes helpful because it can show the track I'm listening to in the Firefox statusbar.

Modifié par spaceling le 3 jan. 2005, 2h24m
    • SniperC4 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 jan. 2005, 4h24m
    I just use Global Hotkeys, and then when I got my new keyboard it has very nice buttons for all of the functions (thought I mostly just use the Play/Pause one).

• m4t3k a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 mars 2005, 15h39m

Re:

Quoth spaceling:
    I find foxytunes helpful because it can show the track I'm listening to in the Firefox statusbar.

Right, i have it too and i've hidden all buttons and left just song title witch song progress.

überkawaii megapro hardcore
  • I have something similar to that in my browser but it doesn't work for me :-\

10,000 - Carey, M - We Belong Together
    15,000 - Aguilera, C - Beautiful
    20,000 - Mayer, J - Daughters
    25,000 - Lewis, L - Bleeding Love
    30,000 - Cheetah Girls - Cheetahlicious Christmas
    35,000 - Tamia - You Put A Move On My Heart
    • Grebla a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 juin 2005, 19h14m

Re: Re:

Quoth m4t3kRight, i have it too and i've hidden all buttons and left just song title witch song progress.same here

• xGarrettx a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 jui. 2005, 13h18m

Re:

Quoth aenimated:
    it's kinda lame, the buttons don't fit into the browser to well, and i've already got buttons on my keyboard that do it...

Yeah, except for open file.

• Utilisateur
    • 28 jui. 2005, 19h32m
    it's ok, though i can't quite get used to it !

• xGarrettx a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 août 2005, 6h20m
    This thing got in the way of my bookmarks.

• mDuo13 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 sept. 2005, 17h36m
    LiteStep hotkeys win.

we own the other team
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 jui. 2006, 20h56m

Re:

Quoth spaceling:

me too.. just installed the plugin.
    very nice.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.