Some notes about the songs I chose:
1. Better Than: I just love this song, it cheers me up when I am down and indulges me when I am happy;
2. Steal My Kisses: lighthearted lovesong, incredible bass line, and more, it is the first Ben Harper song I ever listened to.
3. Let's Get It On: not much to say, beautiful song, sometimes I imagine life itself being as straightforward and intriguing at the same time as this song is.
4. Sledgehammer: all you do is call me, I'll be anything you need; perfection.
5. Straight To My Heart: definitely my favourite Sting song; every time I listen to it I hear something new, maybe a little thing in between the notes, and I never get tired of it.
6. You Can Call Me Al: I love the way Paul Simon sings his loaded verses, I feel reassured by the chorus and those keyboards don't bore me at all!
7. Something Beautiful: sometimes a pop hitsong like this can make it to the heart of my ears, or the ears of my heart :-) and this is one of those I love to listen to when I come across it.
8. Swimming In Your Ocean: funny, aerial and romantic.
9. Too Young: I love Phoenix, this song is dancing alone and waving arms while dressing up or doing something else at my place.
10. Santeria: I think Dieter mentioned this song in his journal about MY mixtape, so here it is.
11. I'm Not Down: I love The Clash's funky songs...I've been beat up, I've been thrown out, but I'm not down!
1. Amazing: one of the most enduring relatioship between me and a song.
2. Bold As Love: I think no one covers Jimi Hendrix as John Mayer does, I fell in love with the song by his version.
3. Missed the Boat: melancholy and humour.
4. Lay Down Sally: at first I thought this song was funny, maybe even a bit ridiculous, but then I found myself listening to it over and over and I started loving it.
5. Tiny Dancer: I didn't know this was Elton John when I first heard this song on the movie Almost Famous, I just love the scene on the bus when everybody starts to sing, and I easily fell in love with the song too.
6. Old Man: 24 and there's so much more, live alone in a paradise that makes me think of 2...
7. Good Love Is on the Way: heartening song, incredibly good album.
8. Pride & Joy: this is one of the few songs that I play with my band and am not tired of listening; probably my favourite song.
9. Tore Down House: vocals by Thelma Houston; this song is wow.
10. Pantala Naga Pampa: at times of cassettes, I searched for short tracks to fill up space on the tape, and this was a classic; anyway it is also coherent with the rest of the tracklist.