Would you date a non Vegan/Vegetarian?

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 jan. 2012, 13h07m
    Date sure!, but if you are going for something more serious I think it would be a problem. I can't imagine cooking next to a wad of raw meat or using the same utensils etc. Its more of a practical thing than anything else. This is an issue for me when I have to choose a restaurant etc I prefer to cook, and eat at home, and know exactly what I am eating. So, most of you may have guessed already I can be quite a fun date! ;)

• I'm in a relation with a guy who eats meat and all that.. but he doesn't eat meat, when he knows we meet, because it's disgusting to me, to kiss someone who just ate something dead . I'm really happy about knowing he respects that im vegan. We cook together and he likes eating vegan dinners but he doesn't want to turn vegan, it's hard to understand for me, but i also have to respect it. I mean, im just his girlfriend and not his mother. :D

• flagrocker a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 jan. 2012, 21h28m
    Sure, why not?

• fancykatya a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 fév. 2012, 22h38m
    At this point I wouldn't date someone who was religious before I excluded a meat eater from contention.

I would rather go out with a vegetarian/vegan before a carnivore though. My ex-husband ate fish and chicken and otherwise he ate vegan mostly.

Don't settle for a life you don't want because you can't have the life you do want~
    Let The Music Play~
    • sspatula a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 fév. 2012, 1h51m
    My boyfriend eats meat and I can't help but get upset at times. If he was making a conscious choice it would be one thing (or maybe he really is and I'm in denial...), and maybe I would not be able to stand it, but this whole eating meat per default thing is merely a product of the current society (like there was a time where women not being allowed to vote was standard and considered normal).
    Sure some people choose the comfort of not knowing but I think that many would change their habits if they only got some insight on them.

It sucks to feel like a fascist at every meal, people often think you're trying to change them though you are completely silent...

• juliacsd a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mars 2012, 17h00m
    flagrocker said:
    Sure, why not?

Totally agree :D

It's all a matter of respect to each other's choice.

Julia
    • iuppi a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 mars 2012, 1h43m
    One question: Those who talk about respect would also respect if their partners would abuse children, beat someone to death, or do what ever other highly wrong thing???

There is no rational argument left in this world for eating animals. So please do not talk of respect as if it was a kind of hobby or abstract religion. There are 50 billion(!!) animals (fish&Co. not even counting!) killed per year ... for no reason - that is nothing which deserves any respect at all.

I also thought different when I was a vegetarian for over 20 years - but many things I did not know - and nowadays with documentaries like "Earthlings" not one can say any more "I did not know" ... the shocking truth is all over the internet. And the only respectful reaction towards any life would be becoming vegan. For some it takes some time ... ok ... but arguing with "respect" for people who eat animals is not just illogical - it's highly cynical when you know how much brutal suffering is going on just because people consume "meat" ...

• ellexoxo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 mars 2012, 7h16m
    Um thats a little difficult. It would be easier to have a partner who is also a vegetarian but I think I would as long as they dont try to convince me to join them in eating meat. I hate when people try to convince me to eat meat its so annoying.

• Dating with a meet eater is like dating with a pedophile. Never! It's disgusting.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 oct. 2013, 14h11m
    anna_loves_rock said:
    I'm in a relation with a guy who eats meat and all that.. but he doesn't eat meat, when he knows we meet, because it's disgusting to me, to kiss someone who just ate something dead . I'm really happy about knowing he respects that im vegan. We cook together and he likes eating vegan dinners but he doesn't want to turn vegan, it's hard to understand for me, but i also have to respect it. I mean, im just his girlfriend and not his mother. :D

We can't change. We can only change our choices. The choice to kill animals is the choice to choose the lie. Why would you even think that someone that cares nothing for the Truth (proven by their choice of ignoring the most important truth of all: Life is Most Important in Life) would behave honestly with you? If they don't care about the Truth then they have no clear direction or solid foundation for their thoughts, words, and actions.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 oct. 2013, 14h14m
    Dezomorphine said:
    Dating with a meet eater is like dating with a pedophile. Never! It's disgusting.

In essence you have said...

'both types of people cause unnecessary harm for the sole purpose of personal gratification.'

• I wouldn't date a carnivore, smoker, drinker or whatever. The people around me should have the same lifestyle. It's that easy

• off_topic a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 31 oct. 2013, 23h37m
    preferably not, but i did and prolly will do it again, coz nothing beats love :)

• Yes, I would. But if they give me hell about it and make fun of me for not eating meat and expect me to touch theirs (except for the one that's in their pants), then hell no.

• V_-_-_-_-_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2014, 18h24m
    of course.

• SiftyFix a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 mars 2014, 23h03m
    I have no problem dating a meat-eater, though it would probably be awkward and inevitably lead to a discussion about morality. Every meat-eater has the potential to see the cruelty of the food industry and it would be my pleasure to educate them if they wanted to. No point forcing anyone into my idea of ethics, it will get me nowhere.

• Rather not, but if there is enough attraction between me and the girl in question this could change. I'd never give up my vegetarianism for someone, though.
    Luckily my girlfriend is a veggie as well, so I have nothing to worry about.

• MrRepzion a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 juin 2014, 21h48m
    Nope.

• geluwzever a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 juin 2014, 12h00m
    I would only consider it if I deemed it plausible that she might become vegan (or at the very least vegetarian) further on. Why? I find shared moral values quite important. Comparison: I wouldn't date a nazi or a satanist.
    Most people are unaware of just how cruel the meat industry is, so I would perhaps give some a certain leeway, so to speak; but in the long run, I would not want to be in a romantical relationship with anyone who supports animal cruelty.

• kerrigan a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 26 juin 2014, 2h38m
    Yes, if he was open-minded.

This is my signature.
    • Mochitsuki a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 juin 2014, 17h54m
    It's worked for me so far. My boyfriend is supportive and we've pretty much never had an issue when going out anywhere. It helps that I live near a large city that has a big vegetarian/vegan community + options.

• I did. I never minded dating meat eaters. I even prepared my ex-husband's meals.
    But after dating my current vegan boyfriend for over two years, it's just soo much easier.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.