Artists I should connect to this group

• Artists I should connect to this group

Are there any bands I've left of the list of artists connect to this Last FM Group?

• mither a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 mars 2009, 15h19m

just a few ideas of the top of my head...

• These are good ideas...

...but they rather raise the question of whether I should include "proto-post-rock" bands - pre-Disco Inferno/Bark Psychosis acts like AR Kane, Loop, Pale Saints (who I love, love, love, BTW) and - of course - My Bloody Valentine. I think the answer will have to be "yes". Being inclusive will hopefully encourage a few people to actually join the group.

• moejorris a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 mars 2009, 3h30m

some more

moonshake
    earwig (uk one)
    insides
    spoonfed hybrid
    laika
    .o.rang
    plus maybe pram, rothko, piano magic, navigator?

• I think they're all there already...

...apart from Navigator maybe. Have to look into that one.

• moejorris a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 mars 2009, 1h57m

Navigator

check it out: http://theblackenedair.blogspot.com/2008/09/navigator-nostalgie.html

they weren't together long, but managed to tour with mogwai pre young team and did some stuff with 3rd eye foundation.

• feeding a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 mars 2009, 11h00m
    Even though there is nothing playable on last.fm:
    Robert Hampson

Equal rights for last.fm members - I believe that giving equal access to diverse cultures from more nations contribute to quality within the last.fm community and library, and quality in my life.
  • Done. I actually had no idea he'd been doing solo stuff until you posted that link earlier. Haven't had a chance to download the stuff yet but I certainly will.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 avr. 2009, 15h10m

:-)

Dif Juz
    Talk talk. (already saw mention)

I'll think of others. (cheers) K.d.W

• Dif Juz were more of a post-punk band weren't they? Not sure I want to open that Can of worms. Then I'd have to start linking us to PIL and goodness knows what else. I'm trying to stick to post-rock as such with some key precursors from the post-post-punk indie scene. Having said all that, judging by the descriptions I've read of Dif Juz, they do sound like a highly relevant reference point and I look forward to taking some time to give them a proper listen.

• nickwatt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 avr. 2009, 20h28m

Epic45

What about Epic45? A bit more pastoral than some of your choices, but are kindred spirits to the likes of Talk Talk and Bark Psychosis

Man In A Shed
    • nickwatt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 avr. 2009, 20h35m

Long Fin Killie

Another Too Pure band to sit alongside Pram and Laika

Man In A Shed
  • Yeah that's a good one. I think we already have Bows on the list - which was the main guy from Long Fin Killie - but not LFK themselves. Saw them back in the day with Tortoise and Mouse on Mars. They were great. I'll add 'em now!

• Important Announcement!

Well, relatively speaking anyway.

At the time of writing, this group has just acquired its 50th member. Therefore, as promised, I am going to stop aggressively/obsessively bugging people to join and contribute to the forum.

I'm also going to prune the list of connected artists. While I was building a modicum of interest in the group, I thought it was worth connecting as many artists to it as possible. Now I'd like the group to be connected to only the most relevant artists, so that visitors who are interested in Disco Inferno, Bark Psychosis etc. immediately know they've come to the right place.

However, if I've removed a band or artist you think is particularly relevant, let me know and I'll put them back on the list right away. This forum thread is the best place to post demands of that kind.

=]

• Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2009, 19h03m
    would 65daysofstatic be suitable ?

• Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2009, 19h11m
    also mogwai ? sorry :)

• Mogwai

The Mogwai question is tricky.

On the one hand, hardcore UK post-rock fans tend to see Mogwai as usurpers who stole the thunder of "real" post-rock bands like Disco Inferno and Bark Psychosis.

On the other hand, it seems ridiculous to leave by far the most popular British post-rock band off the list.

Anyone have any opinions in this?

• Utilisateur
    • 20 avr. 2009, 17h11m
    i think a brilliant post rock band shouldnt be left off the list

just because they may not be as originall as some others
    doesnt mean there not good

• While I've never been all that keen on their music, it's hard to deny how passionate a lot of people are about Mogwai. Also, I suspect that adding them to the list will bring a good deal of traffic to this group. So, I'll do it.

Hopefully we can convert a few youngsters to the real post-rock. Hey, I'm kidding! =]

Sorta.

• Utilisateur
    • 20 avr. 2009, 21h29m
    ner joking aside :P
    this group brought me to dicsoinferno
    so im kinda glad its pro original uk post rock
    if that makes sense

i do understand how you may leave mogwai off though
    theres a distinct difference between them and say hood or disco inferno

• If I'm getting Mogwai fans into Disco Inferno, I'm doing my job!

• mandelbrot set

• Hmmm... I may have opened the floodgates to a bunch of Mogwai soundalikes, which is not really what this group's all about.

Luckily, there's a list for that too!

• Although, having said that...

It turns out The Mandelbrot Set are pretty cool. Not really what I'm looking for but worth hearing nevertheless.

• Utilisateur
    • 21 avr. 2009, 18h29m
    you can have old and new uk post rock topics
    but to be fair to create a group with the name "uk post-rock"
    should mean the gourps about uk post rock
    not just original post-rock
    if all we liked and talked about was the original bands
    no one would ever listen or care about the new and obviously (still) decent stuff

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.