Tori Covers

• Tori Covers

Any favorite Tori covers?

Any songs you'd like to see Tori cover?

And, also, any artists you'd like to see cover Tori?

For me, my current favorite cover is Do It Again (from the UK Spark single).

As far as songs I'd like to see her cover, I'd really like to hear what her take would be on Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder." With lyrics like "Give me something to believe in, cause I don't believe in you anymore. And I wonder if it would even make a difference to try, so this is goodbye," I think it would be amazing to have a Tori-fied version of that song.

I'd also like to hear her cover Regina Spektor's "The Flowers" (The flowers you gave me are rotting and still I refuse to throw them away), "Chemo Limo," and even "The Sword and the Pen."

Speaking of which, I'd love to hear Regina Spektor cover Tori.

Also, any Amy Winehouse song from "Back to Black," but particularly "You Know I'm No Good" and "Love Is a Losing Game," would be good for Tori to cover.

• p53gen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 août 2009, 16h28m
    firstly, famous blue raincoat ..I can say that hers is more painful and has an powerful efect on me..even more than leonard cohen..main reason is breathing of tori..and heaving..It makes the song a real situation..you can feel the pain of the song..
    the other one is losing my religion..it gives a chance for understanding of your religion and beliefs are still there or you have already lost your hope..

I think a patti smith cover could be wonderful..break it up..pissing a river..

..dream within a dream..
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 oct. 2009, 18h51m
    Easily one of my favourite Tori covers is "Don't Look Back in Anger" originally by Oasis. It's outstanding.

Adding to that, another particular cover I like by Tori is Livin' on a Prayer originally by Bon Jovi.

As for a cover I'd like Tori to do, I think Many Rivers by Charlotte Martin would be very appropriate.

• SoapMagic a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 oct. 2009, 4h09m
    I think that Strange Little Girls is an amazing covers album. Angie and Thank You are also good.

I'd like Tori to cover:
    Intuition - Feist
    You've Been Flirting Again - Björk
    Viva la Vida - Coldplay
    Morphine - Michael Jackson
    Delicate - Damien Rice

I don't know who could cover Tori. I guess Damien Rice could cover Tear In Your Hand.

Modifié par SoapMagic le 17 oct. 2011, 3h32m
    • vhtsouza a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 déc. 2009, 18h03m
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 jan. 2010, 1h57m
    "Don't look back in anger" is really a good one...

And I want so much to hear tori making covers for newer music, like Feist ("Intuition" in fact is a good one, but I'd love to hear "the park" too) or Norah Jones ("Broken" !!!!!)...

One question: Does someone here have the recording of Bjork's "Hyperballad" cover in 2005?

• jotarvr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 août 2010, 23h05m
    I loved her renditions of George Michael's "Father figure" and Oasis' "Don't look back in anger". She tried with bossa nova once ("Carnival/Manha de carnaval"), so I would like her to sing some classic bossa stuff ("Quiet nights of quiet stars", "Eu se que vou te amar"). A cover of "Jealousy" by the Pet Shop Boys could be great too.

I will give you my finest hour / The one I spent watching you shower
  • I love everything from SLG, especially Rattlesnakes, Time (totally breathtaking), I Don't Like Mondays, Strange Little Girl, and New Age.
    Besides that, I love her cover of Losing My Religion, Thank You (heavenly), A Case of You and Only Women Bleed.

• Personally I am not so fond of her covers. I think she is much better in her original work. The only exception is my opinion is Nirvana cover Smells Like Teen Spirit. I only heard it once, but I think it is just as good as the original (very different though).

I would like to hear her do a cover of Kate Bush: Running Up That Hill. I don't know if she could do Wuthering Heights.

Within Temptation covered Crucify, which was better than I expected. I wonder if Anneke van Giersbergen could do a cover of Tori, as she is a very good singer with a beautiful voice. But it is not really her style, I think.

• Favorite covers are, "Don't Dream It's Over" and "Losing My Religion". P.S. Irisvanhoom, she has done a cover of "Running Up That Hill".

• bree331 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 avr. 2012, 20h57m
    Wish she would cover Don Henley' s "Boys of Summer," Tool's "Sober" and "Prison Sex," Carly Simon's "You're so Vain," as well as "Heroin" and "Venus in Furs" by the VU. As for what she's already covered, I love "Raining Blood (my current fave, it's so bleak)," "New Age," all of her Joni Mitchell covers, "Running Up That Hill," "After All," "Wrapped Around Your Finger," "For Emily Wherever I May Find Her," and "I'm on Fire."

• @honkytonk84: thanks, I found some videos of it on YouTube! It's just great the way she combined Running Up That Hill with God! I wish she would have done it during the live show in the Netherlands. But she did Scarborough Fair there, great cover as well, very beautiful.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.