Favorite Album

• york8ball a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2006, 9h18m
    There are only two versions. The Who's Next one and the single edit. I don't think there's much debate as to which is superior.

If you are lucky enough to get the chance to hear Pete Townshend's original demo then you will have a real treat! The song is stripped down to its bones before the band get hold of it and turn it into probably the finest all out rock song ever written.

"We'll be fighting in the streets, with our children at our feet. And the morals they all worship will be gone"
  • Who's Next. There are a few mediocre songs, but the rest of the stuff is just incredible.

• Utilisateur
    • 9 fév. 2006, 23h30m

Re:

Quoth ragamuffinhair:
    Who's Next. There are a few mediocre songs, but the rest of the stuff is just incredible.

I'd love to know which songs you consider to be mediocre!

It's a fucking masterpiece!

"We'll be fighting in the streets, with our children at our feet. And the morals they all worship will be gone"
  • Getting in Tune and The Song is Over.

I'm not saying they're bad songs, they just don't keep up with the great stuff over the rest of the album. When compared to Baba or Won't Get Fooled again, they seem like filler.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 fév. 2006, 14h44m
    "Getting In Tune" and "The Song Is Over" are actually really nice, IMO. The 'lost songs of Who's Next'. Would have been a great single, them first "Getting In Tune", and then the flip side, "The Song Is Over".

• Utilisateur
    • 12 fév. 2006, 23h44m
    Both tracks are superb. My personal favourite on the album is "Going Mobile" yet it is always classed as a filler track. True Who fans will believe otherwise.

• Seeker770 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 fév. 2006, 20h54m
    Live at Leeds

• Who's Next was the album that got me into the Who, with a little help from my friend. But I think my favorite album is Tommy. I just love rock operas, and Tommy is no exception. Great from start to finish. Another good one, that isn't getting much mention is The Who by Numbers. One of my friends really likes that album, and started to get me into it. I like it quite a bit, and my favorite songs from that album are Blue Red and Grey and Squeeze Box and How Many Friends. Quad I haven't heard very much, but it's got one of my favorite Who songs, which is Love, Reign O'er Me. The Who Sell Out is interesting to say the least, but it's good. The others I've only heard once or twice

RIP ASR
    Modifié par FifthofNovember le 19 fév. 2006, 1h11m
    • StBruno a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 fév. 2006, 16h59m
    The Who by Numbers, definitely

tjohei
  • Quadrophenia. My dad gave me Who's Next when I was young and I loved that. My friend's dad was always telling me and the guys to get Quadrophenia. Thank god I bought it because it is just amazing from start to finish. All the tracks are great.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." - Kurt Cobain
    • scooterz a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 mars 2006, 2h42m

toughy

i'm torn between, quadrophenia, tommy, and live at leeds, i like the live aspect of live at leeds becuase there is nothing better in my mind then the who live (I'VE SEEN THEM THEY ROCKED BOSTON) but also the rock opera aspect of quadrophenia and tommy is really just overwhelming. IN quadrophenia pete seemed to be way more accostumed to writing songs and i think the almost overuse of synthesizer makes it redundantish, so i guess i'd say tomme, becuase it was also the first who album i'd ever heard and the overture is like....wow

my name is 905.
  • Tommy and Quadrophenia is best. Dunno which one I like best though. Third is Who's Next

• ZapptGummi a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 mars 2006, 0h44m

Definately gotta be Tommy. I have the live DVD of it and it rocks

Rawr

• Utilisateur
    • 21 mars 2006, 23h08m

Re:

Quoth FunkySpyder:
    Tommy and Quadrophenia is best. Dunno which one I like best though. Third is Who's Next

• tastyloaf a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 mars 2006, 20h31m
    The Who Sell Out. It's... different. And AWESOME!

Wikipedia has a good article on it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Who_Sell_Out

• Utilisateur
    • 28 mars 2006, 15h54m
    1. Live at Leeds - I use this to introduce people to The Who. I think it shows perfectly the kind of band they are.

2. Who's Next - It's one of those albums you just put on and sit back. No skipping required!

3. The Who Sell Out - Damn fine album…not exactly poetic but it works.

• StBruno a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 mars 2006, 22h20m
    I love "The Who by Numbers" and "Who's next", which album should be my next investment?

tjohei
  • Re:

Quoth StBruno:
    I love "The Who by Numbers" and "Who's next", which album should be my next investment?

you gotta get quadrophenia. it's my favorite and is a perfect album. it's all about a story of a guy with 4 split personalities. it's way better than tommy

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." - Kurt Cobain
    • tastyloaf a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 31 mars 2006, 7h36m

Re:

Quoth StBruno:

possibly Live at Leeds. a total staple.

• Fave The Who Album....???

What a choice... The rawness of "My Generation" to the slick "Who's Next"....but just of having " Happy Jack" (my personal fave) from RUN RUN RUN to Land of hope and glory mine has got to be "A QUICK ONE "

STAY COOL
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 avr. 2006, 22h11m

Re: Re:

Quoth thatdarnjap:
    Quoth StBruno:

you gotta get quadrophenia. it's my favorite and is a perfect album. it's all about a story of a guy with 4 split personalities. it's way better than tommy

dude u gotta be kidding me nothins better than a deaf dum and blind kid playin pinball, its an insoiration to us all, now im not saying quadrophenia aint good but if u get that one get Tommy also

• Utilisateur
    • 5 avr. 2006, 14h34m
    This week its "Live at Leeds" the very best live album ever and the Delux version with the whole of Tommy live as well makes, it the ultimate!

• CalumB a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 avr. 2006, 10h31m
    Live at Leeds! The Who are very much a live band, so it makes sense that Live at Leeds is one of their best albums, in my opinion.

• funkyfest a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2006, 0h05m
    I'd say their masterpiece is definately Who's Next, though it would've been the ultimate had it originally included 'Pure and Easy' as well as 'I don't even know myself' and 'Naked Eye' . I don't that 'The song is Over' or 'Goin' Mobile' are filler track at all, in fact they're some of my favorites.

I think I'd put The Who By Numbers pretty high up on my list. It's got some of Pete's most personal work on it. Leeds is also great. I'm tempted to put Sell Out up there to, but i just recently got it and need some more time with it before I rank it.

Domestic violence is wrong! And I like Cheerios!
    • CalumB a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2006, 0h56m
    I suppose just sayin' Live at Leeds is a bit of a cop out and I should really say a Studio album. I don't know what I'd choose. Who's Next, Tommy or Quadrophenia? Hmmmmm. I wouldn't like to choose. I'd maybe say Tommy but I'd probably say somethin' different tomorrow. I also agree with what people are sayin' about Who's Next bein' even better with some of the extra tracks but it's still bloody amazing without them.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.