recommendations?

• stubadub a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 fév. 2006, 18h35m

recommendations?

i don't think i've ever knowingly heard a fall song before and i need you guys to point out a good album to start with..something to get a potentially addictive habit going on..anyone?

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 fév. 2006, 1h16m

Fall recomendations

This Nations Saving Grace was my first one , I think it's one of their better ones . Go for the version with Cruiser's creek on if possible . Grotesque is a pretty good example of the earlier stuff , try and get the expanded version with a bizzare Mark E Smith interview at the end :)

• lastadms a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 mars 2006, 16h59m
    The current album "Fall Heads Roll" is a pretty good place to start, and it's easy to find.

If you want an overview of everything, get the 6-CD Peel session set, and then see which era you might like best.

• Utilisateur
    • 6 mars 2006, 16h49m
    I started with kurious oranj which was a great way to be slowly eased in I think. The marshall suite is a good way in too, if you want something newer, it's short and crunchy.
    I reckon perverted by language is the best album so make sure you pick that up too :)

• stubadub a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 mars 2006, 11h07m
    Ok, thanks guys!

I'll give some of 'em a go..maybe sans the 6CD-box : )

I ran into some clips of The Fall and of Mr. Smith on WFMU blog and I'm already picking up some serious indentification vibes on the guy.. : )

Anyways, I'm sure I'll fall in deep with the stuff.

• DiceMan a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 août 2006, 11h50m
    my fav is dragnet i think and would recomend it to start with aswell.

Make Love Like a Pair of Black Wizards!
    • jentizzle a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 nov. 2006, 14h08m
    458489 A-Sides! Because it is fan-fucking-tastic and in my humble opinion representative of a lot of their best early material (with the important exception of "Totally Wired") but nobody ever names it and it really needs to be recommended more.

• The Peel Sessions box set is a pretty good place to start, although I wouldn't recommend listening to it all at once. It's a pretty representative document of what the group has done and how it has progressed.

Pretty cheap for over seven hours of music, too ...

Euphemisms, Audrey, euphemisms ...
    • foetusized a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 nov. 2006, 14h07m
    50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong is a good 2CD career overview, & will set you back less than the Peel box.

"Just like I knew what I was doing" -- Foe
    • dpotta a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 22 jan. 2007, 1h16m
    gotta be hex enduction hour

• Bend Sinister's my favourite

James Kealy & His Regal Toes
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 avr. 2011, 2h26m
    Bend Sinister or Fall Heads Roll.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.