Favorite Album?

• EdisonKite a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 avr. 2004, 16h44m

Favorite Album?

My favorite is probably their self titled, but I also love Music From Big Pink and Stage Fright alot too.

Maybe the Basement Tapes, if they count.

• shoot_JR a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 nov. 2004, 7h03m

The BAND, THE BAND + THE BIG PINK

Last year I went to Woodstock and spent a long time searching for the original big pink. After many people tried to tell me it was private property and inaccessible, I went anyways. I drove for one hour down a dirt country road and their it was- it's beauty was in its absolute banality- A truly moving experience. people still live in it. Thanks for starting THE BAND group.

• Flemming a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 déc. 2004, 17h17m

The Band - The band and The Last Waltz

The Last waltz is the best rockdocument ever!

• FondaWonda a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 fév. 2005, 23h44m
    Big Pink

• Jamais a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 mai 2005, 20h22m

Three possible candidates.

Here they are:

*Music from Big Pink -> The Weight, says it all.
    *The Band -> Romantic, fun, sincere.
    *Basement Tapes -> Fierce, energetic, almost angry.

It's impossible to pick just one. Every record has something different that makes it praisable.

The Last Waltz -box is constantly playing on my record player also. And it always make me cry. Robbie Robertson is probably the most sympathetic guy in the music business of all time. I get him.

Modifié par Jamais le 29 mai 2005, 20h23m
  • Favourite Album

A tough one. It is most probably between 'The Band' and 'The Last Waltz', I think 'The Last Waltz' gets it by a nose.

• Big Pink!

I absolutly love Big Pink! The tracks are just amazing b/c they loved what they did and were absolute geniuses.
    Richard sounds amazing on 'I Shall be Released' and Rick is just wonderful (as always ^^) on 'Caledonia Mission'. Levon was pure Levon (loved 'The Weight'). Garth was ever the fab musical painter and Robbie delivered soulfully as well.
    Let's tip our glasses to the best group EVER.

**Any day now, I shall be released**
    For Richard and Rick...
  • I would rank them as such (updated):

1) Music From Big Pink
    2) The Band
    3) Stage Fright
    4) Northern Lights - Southern Cross
    5) Cahoots
    6) Islands
    7) Jericho
    8) Moondog Matinee
    9) Jubilation
    10) High On The Hog

I didn't include The Last Waltz or Rock of Ages, because I like to keep live and studio albums seperate when I can... but they'd probably rank near the top awell.

Modifié par logansdlsdf le 20 oct. 2005, 16h34m
  • Music From The Big Pink at the moment. Tears of Rage... Chest Fever... The Weight...

But the others are still top quality too, so it's difficult to choose my complete fave album.

• I don't know why I put Stage Fright above Big Pink. I'm crazy.

• Re:

Quoth logansdlsdf:
    I don't know why I put Stage Fright above Big Pink. I'm crazy.

Maybe you were just in a Stage Fright mood at the time. ;) I get those at times, when I think that a certain album is my complete favourite, then a few weeks later, a completely different is at the top. I find it impossible to pick favourite songs and albums; there are so many...

Modifié par behindthestars le 13 oct. 2005, 22h35m
    • erikjonaz a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 mars 2006, 17h47m
    OK, here's a wild one: Northern Lights - Southern cross.

:-O

Acadian Driftwood, Ophelia, It makes no difference... I love it, man!

A hurdy gurdy flirty turd
  • I agree with Northern Lights - Southern Cross actually, as being great. Wild indeed =P

Definitely 'It Makes No Difference'...

**Any day now, I shall be released**
    For Richard and Rick...
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 août 2006, 10h37m
    Live:
    - The Last Walz
    - Before the Flood
    - Rock of Ages

Album:
    - The Basement Tapes
    - The Band
    - Stage Fright

• The first two albums are essential.

Hey ho, let's go!
    • EJPace13 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 août 2007, 5h04m
    Music From Big Pink. I love the running order. It's like a concept album, at least to me. I think it's brilliant the way 'Caledonia Mission' ends, and I'm hung waiting for the opening acoustic lick of 'The Weight'. Plus, 'Long Black Veil' ending, and 'Chest Fever' with its organ intro beginning.
    I have the album on vinyl as well, and the side 1 to side 2 flip point is just perfect.

Of course, all albums should be required listening for any music lover.

The Big Pink
    The Band

• vanvodoo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2008, 15h53m
    The 1969's Brown album .

• wilkinsj13 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 avr. 2010, 1h18m
    Stage Fright - This album doesn't get the respect it deserves. I could listen to this album over and over and over and over again! "Just Another Whistle Stop", "Sleeping", "Time to Kill", and "All La Glory"... plus the others... WOW! And "The Rumor" is a great closer. The emotions on this album are so real and human. Simply brilliant. This album speaks to me.

My top five would probably be:

1. Stage Fright
    2. Music From Big Pink
    3. The Band
    4. Cahoots
    5. Rock of Ages

• bandfan76 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 mai 2010, 1h34m

Fav album

It is hard to say what my fav record is by them. I agree that Stage Fright gets overlooked but so does Northern lights. Except for Islands, every other album is a solid piece of work. I especially love Big Pink 'cause it was the 1st album I heard by them.

• Hansebrous a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 juin 2010, 17h44m
    Rock of Ages, probably my favorite live album of all time...a bold statement being the Deadhead I am. But its solid from front to back and my favorite versions... Don't Do It, King Harvest, Rag Mama...and Get Up Jake.

Not an official band album, but check out Dylan '66 disk...the Royal Albert Hall... with what was basically the Band backing...disk 1 all electric and AMAZING

• -The band
    -The last waltz

• Funk3dUp a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 oct. 2010, 4h49m

Well

I'd say my fav. is Last Waltz.

"Fiat justitia et ruat caellum"
  • Most except Cahoots have been favourites on and off over the years but forced to make a choice MFPB sounds just as fresh and new today as it did in 1969 when I first heard it. I know Islands isnt well regared by Band devotees but I believe 3 songs on it , Pepote Rouge , Let The Night Fall & Geogia On Mind are three of groups best.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.