• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 mai 2008, 22h28m
    For me, I was very mainstream for a long time but was always under the impression that it wasn't exactly "cool" to be that way. So, at first, I forced myself to listen to more "alternative" music... and then some of it started catching on.... and now I pride myself on good taste.... but underneath it all I can't get rid of my simultaneous love for lots of pop music... lots of "lame" 80's n 90's stuff..... but I don't care what others think of my music tastes now.

By last.fm standards I'm a pretty massive conformist. But like, this morning for example... i went from listening to The Number 12 Looks Like You and Deftones to classical music, movie scores and stuff.... so its not the weirdest of tastes but I'm not consistently "indie" or "alt" which it what others seem to think of me.

I like this group because its not arrogant or elitist

• I have a love of head banging and soft jazz...

• OneLuvGurl a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 juin 2008, 6h13m
    I don't have a consistent musical taste because I am pretty much open to everything. I own music from hip-hop to classical to heavy metal to pop to foreign to electronic. I love all music!

"You are the music while the music lasts." -T.S. Eliot
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 juin 2008, 5h40m
    I think people who don't have inconsistent music tastes are trying too hard to stick to one genre. I listen to whatever matches my mood at the time. I don't think my last.fm page really shows that, but I just got the thing that will scrobble my zen music, so that will help. I hardly ever listen to music at my computer.

• Pupppet a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 juin 2008, 5h02m
    Yeah. as long as it's good and it chatches on to us, who cares what's the tag behind it? Music is still nothing more than just music in the end.

Listen to Lady Vudu and GLVZNIFFER! https://soundcloud.com/ladyvoodoo66/
    "What if -- that which you are looking for, you already are .. that underneath the need for justification and correction, everythingelse already exists - except that whilst the one bit linear computer is looking for it, it hasn't got enough data lines to see anything else whilst it is looking .."
  • My music taste isn't consistent because I listen to what I feel like. While I adore indie I have a weakness for euro-pop like Robyn and Alphabeat, Post-Hardcore and one of my 'guilty pleasures' is silly rap music.

You have to have variety or else it gets boring.

"welcome to the human race... you're a mess"
    Modifié par spilled_milk le 12 jui. 2008, 1h39m
  • Well, possibly my favourite type of music is acoustic based music like Jose Gonzalez, Devendra Banhart, etc...but I live in a small town and everyone listens to country. I hate the stuff they play on the radio aka Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood and the like but nothing beats a good Petunia song. Also, even though the popular stuff is crap I can't help but love it, Justin Timberlake is the shit plus that new I Kissed a Girl song by Katy Perry...catchy like herpes.

Plus when I was around 13-15 I went through a phase where I hated anything remotely popular and listened to Heavy Metal, Screamo, Post Hardcore, etc...and still do to some extent. Plus I love "indie" and "alternative" music. Plus I've played basketball my whole life and you cannot watch/play basketball without an affinity to rap or hip hop.

And, dance, house and, techno music are amazingly fun to listen to (They get me so hyped). And where I work we listen to the classic rock station and it has started to grow on me...minus anything AC/DC or Nickelback-esque.

So yeah, thats it

"welcome to the human race... you're a mess"
  • I guess what makes my taste inconsistent, although I listen to a lot of 'indie' music, is the odd things in between like my penchant for Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton or my love affair with 'screamo/metalcore/whatever the hell they call themselves these days' such as He Is Legend, Alexisonfire and Atreyu. I'm also rather fond of 1960s-70s Folk, especially Joni Mitchell.

Not to mention my weakness for really good electropop and cheesy 80s music. My friends are often shocked and amazed when they find Cyndi Lauper or Roxette on my iPod.

• delado a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 jui. 2008, 3h26m
    ,,,bla bla my inconsistent musikal taste comes , no with a long diferent list of musisian that a can hear or how much time , year months whatever ,it becomes inconsistent because it is just like the no wave musik , kind of ,, hmmm why just use une color if you has all da colors in the rainbow ,, i wont to get bore so go and take a ride all round the kolors and the guitars that call to... but blablablablabsom brillos

....,.,.,,mentira la mentira,, MENTIRA la verdaaaa,..,.,.,.....
    • June39 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 7 sept. 2008, 20h14m
    Inconsistent? Well, like most people who posted in here, I just listen to whatever I feel like or need to. I was lucky enough to have a varied musical education, so I suppose it does make my tastes inconsistents, because I move from indie, to blugrass, to blues, to classical, to hard rock, to oldies...etc. You get it, you've been there.

• Katsurina a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 sept. 2008, 20h57m
    I just listen a little of everything. That's all.

• mickd1337 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 sept. 2008, 16h48m
    The voices in my head pay out the music i listen to.

I am insane and want to kill you.
    • tipkin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 sept. 2008, 15h12m
    I totally fit in here. I would listen to 90's eurodance for one entire day, Oi punk for the next day and "honky-tonk angels" the day after. I equally enjoyed going to shows by Prodigy, Jim White and Melt Banana. If that's not inconsistent, then I don't know what is.

• Pogofied a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 oct. 2008, 0h48m
    my huge boner for nine inch nails and triach marilyn manson yet divine taste in obscure music where usually, people who listen to the shit i do would scoff at the bands mentioned above. however, i think that's just pretentiousness speaking for them. they have to pop in a CD with some AWESOME headphones and give it a 1on1, i think nin is simply astounding. its all the extra attention tr puts into my music, the little things that make it different and matter and just sound wonderful; how can i explain it, i'd call it baklava if i liekd that shit, but its just layered goodness,not just a boring biscuit. anyone who's a genuine musician imo has to atleast respect trent for what he's been able to do.

• virus_bomb a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2008, 19h39m
    i never really stayed in one genre, even back when i started listening to music. back then, i mostly listened to RATM, Foo Fighters, Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park and Ozzy, yet i also had Obituary and Hilary Duff (and i liked Morbid Angel and Death but didn't have any of their songs). then i went through a mainstream rap/rnb phase, a mainstream hard rock phase, and even an "emo" phase. but soon i quit these mainstream fads and started exploring underground music. now i listen to pretty much everything that isn't mainstream-oriented or adult-oriented (stuff like jazz, classical, blues, etc.; i tried them but i could never make myself enjoy these genres), and i still enjoy Obituary and a bit of Metallica and Ozzy

and @__sorrysunshine: i agree with you. i can't picture myself listenin to just black and death metal for an entire day

Why are you reading my forum signature?
    • marlads a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 oct. 2008, 16h39m
    Gretchen – Fading
    Arrested Development – People Everyday
    Foghat – Easy Money
    Joseph Arthur – Cockroach
    ABBA – Mamma Mia
    Kerli – Walking on Air
    Plain White T's – Anything
    Toto – Rosanna
    Keane – Broken Toy
    Creedence Clearwater Revival – Down on the Corner
    Spoken – Seasons Change

here is my tracklist for the last 45 minutes or, thats pretty inconsistent.

• nmlss_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 oct. 2008, 21h13m
    Well, maybe it's the fact that when someone asks me what music I listen to, I can never give them an exact answer. I always have to think for a minute before I say something like "Well, uhm... I like britpop, but the american indie bands are also great, and I love jazz, but I enjoy swing and neo-swing better, and when I want to relax I like to listen to some house, but sometimes I don't need anything else but Three Days Grace".

Run Llama Run!
  • today i listened to korn, the smashing pumpkins, evol intent, dieselboy, janet jackson, and shocking pinks. my taste is all over the place.

I'm better than you.
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 nov. 2008, 18h19m
    from grindcore to jazz. from trash metal to trip-hop. from stoner to oi. from death metal to riot grrrl. and so on.

• ja1ck a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 nov. 2008, 17h06m

yeah..

I listen to drum and bass and some heavier rock..

• pettri a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 déc. 2008, 7h17m
    i could say how i jump from one genre to another but that seems pointless. i just enjoy different genres of music

• Utilisateur
    • 17 déc. 2008, 13h40m
    I can go from Agoraphobic Nosebleed to Tegan and Sara to Godspeed You! Black Emperor to The Smashing Pumpkins and others without any trouble.

• I think the easiest way to say it is this: I love to listen to The Beatles, No Doubt, Frank Sinatra, Nirvana, Sublime, Eisley, 50 Cent, Reel Big Fish, Bright Eyes, Hanson, and most anything off of an eighties or nineties movie soundtrack.

Qualifies as eclectic, yes?

• Utilisateur
    • 31 jan. 2009, 15h43m
    i listen everything. from britney to slipknot and from beyoncé to pink floyd. EVERYTHING.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.