Is there something similar to Patrick Wolf?

• tcarlyle a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 nov. 2005, 22h31m

Is there something similar to Patrick Wolf?

Well, the question is pretty simple, Is there something similar to Patrick Wolf?
    I really couldnt find anything similar... I also tried that pandora.com thing, but none of its similar stuff could even be close to match Patrick Wolf...

• mindfunk a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 déc. 2005, 10h39m
    Me either, it would be pretty great. Maybe the fact there's nothing like his music makes it that bit better...but I'd still like to hear similar stuff

• I sort of think that CocoRosie are a bit like a female Patrick Wolf.

and is evil just something you are, or something you do?
    • artyfarty a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 déc. 2005, 18h41m
    i totally totally agree with jackiesixty ....when i first listened to cocorosie i thought exactly the same thing....

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 déc. 2005, 19h16m
    Well, if you've ever listened to Tunng, thats kinda patrick Wolf-ish.. ish..

• dubstar a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 déc. 2005, 0h18m
    Try Coloma

• thornykins a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 déc. 2005, 17h56m

Re:

Quoth dubstar:
    Try Coloma

Thanks for the suggestion. Coloma does remind me of Patrick Wolf.

As for Tunng, I haven't heard any of them yet.

I've heard CocoRosie... Didn't especially like them. Oh well.

The band Final Fantasy reminds me of Mr. Wolf's music... But like CocoRosie, it doesn't hit the spot for me.

• BobKo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 jan. 2006, 18h55m
    I actually think that the song with Mount Eerie - Waterfalls(by thanksgiving) sounds abit wolfish sometimes. Am I the only one?

• flapdoodle a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2006, 2h33m

I say..

..that the closest thing I can think of is Andrew Bird. (mostly because he's a fellow violinist) they don't actually sound similar at all, but they are using similar elements to create music. by the way, Andrew Bird puts on an incredible solo show.

• Utilisateur
    • 23 jan. 2006, 19h14m

Re:

Quoth dubstar:
    Try Coloma

So, yeah, i got Dovetail and well...it's a good album. But it's nothing like Patrick in my opinion. i will say one thing for Last.fm's so-called similiar artists though, Khonnor, used to be the #1 similar artist to Patrick and he is quite similar, so give it a try.

I think CocoRosie is as close as we are going to get. Unless someone finds us some Maison Crimineaux! :D

• Utilisateur
    • 2 fév. 2006, 21h52m
    well, isn't björk pretty close? they use the same things atleast.

• Nanae a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 fév. 2006, 17h30m
    I'd say as a female version CocoRosie, still there's nothing that can ever be totally like the magic he brings..

Björk cannot be compared

• Utilisateur
    • 6 fév. 2006, 22h16m
    hehe, my bad;) damn, I need a coffee, I'm drowning in papers and books never read.

• omgs1one a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2006, 17h55m
    Björk always reminds me of him. Kate Bush as well, for some reason.

• Utilisateur
    • 13 fév. 2006, 16h10m
    Khonnor is kinda similar -- just another kid prodigy named connor.

• c3o a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 mars 2006, 11h36m
    Simon Bookish seems somewhat inspired by Patrick, although his music is even more electronic than Patrick's on Lycanthropy. Check out the Tomlab single downloads here.

• c3o a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 mars 2006, 11h44m
    Icelandic Mugison also has some similarities.

• paess7 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mars 2006, 0h19m
    At first listen i thought of Patrick Wolf as a sort of male version of Björk. As both of them mix electronica with folk and traditional music and have a definite connection with and a belief in elemental nature (Björk's later releases).
    Khonnor, I find to be much more closer to , but one can find some similarities with mr Wolf if one desires so.

But I'll definitely check out the aforementioned suggestions.

• Utilisateur
    • 4 avr. 2006, 11h23m
    maybe Xiu Xiu?
    uh, rather not as tuneful as Wolf but i guess they've got similar music sensibility. especially to Patrick on "Lycantrophy".

• Utilisateur
    • 4 avr. 2006, 11h24m
    * Lycanthropy, geez Xd

• zoeclaire a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 avr. 2006, 3h15m
    I haven't heard of these other bands but I did find that when I was first listening to Lycanthropy that it reminded me of Björk in some places. Especially the electronic discordance in Don't Say No. Not sure I would say the same thing the other way around, though (Björk reminding me of Patrick Wolf).

• omgs1one a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 avr. 2006, 18h03m
    I'd also reccomend Jeremy Warmsley. He reminds me of Patrick Wolf quite a bit. Particularly of Lycanthropy.

you can listen to him here
    http://www.myspace.com/jeremywarmsley
    www.jeremywarmsley.com

• subtxrfuge a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 avr. 2006, 0h10m

Re:

Quoth X___Lua:

I agree with this.

Some of Tunng's songs remind me of Patrick Wolf, in a way that's hard to place.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 mai 2006, 14h35m

Re: Re:

Quoth subtxrfuge:
    Quoth X___Lua:

I agree with this.

Some of Tunng's songs remind me of Patrick Wolf, in a way that's hard to place.

ta.

okay, not really similar, and i'm sure yr all very aware of this, but Larrikin love. I think its like some sort of 'Wolf - Libertines' mash up. I really like it. Does anyone have anymore of their stuff they could send me possibly?

• crayonface a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 juin 2006, 11h07m
    Hi [: I have a few Larrikin Love songs; should I put them on yousendit or what?

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.