Do you listen to music when you race?

• Do you listen to music when you race?

Some event organisers don’t like it, but do you prefer music to keep you going to the finish line? Or do you need the roar of the crowd to inspire you?

• Yes!

I like to listen to my iPod when I race.

When I ran the Great North Run this year I ran to a LCD Soundsystem and Klaxons playlist.

Running to music really helps me to drive me on... I remember driving forward to the beat, whenever I started to feel tired during the race.

• malcs74 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 déc. 2008, 14h23m

over 10 k

i do over 10 k
    but under that i like to just run
    but train with music 1 or 20 miles Flux

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 déc. 2008, 1h06m

Just for training.

I like hear music but just for training. When I race I prefer to pay attention only to my breath.

• raycokes a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 jan. 2009, 18h24m

If you like electronic music while running...

...you should check out Podrunner. It's a free podcast by DJ Steve Boyett with nonstop music for up to one hour. Because it's sorted by BPM (130-180) you can choose exactly what fits your workout. I really enjoy this music, it motivates me to run longer and more often.

• hh

yes of corse i do

k james
    • patti_ice a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 jan. 2009, 8h20m

cya

i listen muse, simple plan, when i race

• Veverted a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 jan. 2009, 21h17m
    Course yes.

It is ta mega boost fo me.

U want 2 run faster while listening good music.

• Powercel a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 jan. 2009, 22h19m
    Yea music speed up , and give u energy :)

• SvFann a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 jan. 2009, 18h05m
    Sure.

When you listen to music , you do not feel tired and are able to run whole day. ^^
    I found out how it works just half year ago and I can't imagine to run without Ipod.

• Dreamrai a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 fév. 2009, 23h12m

Yessss

I do listen to music while i jog, i hate hearing my breathing, i consider my body and think its telling me to stop jogging hahha so music tunes that out... i go for Funkerman,Lil Wayne,Paul Oakenfold, T.I.Santogold, i got her in a nike webpage while buying my tennis shoes, downloaded it and loved it.... music is right next to breathin for me.

• cethy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 fév. 2009, 2h51m

yes

It is very good feeling .The coached runs are what I really enjoy the best. I like the encouragement that I get when I'm not giving it my maximum effort.

we sang the same songs
  • Always

I try to have a target time in mind, and create a playlist the same length that builds up speed as I go. Start with hip hop, move into electro, end with d'n'b for the final sprint!

• leticiasy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 août 2010, 6h37m

Litko

Yes I do. Most of the times.

• Neueklick a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 août 2010, 11h40m
    nope. never.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.