rise against

• rise against

so, this is the most popular band for the melodic hardcore group
    and it's tagged as melodic hardcore

however some guy made a sticky topic, that says that rise against dont play melodic hardcore, but melodic punk

I thought that melodic punk = pop punk

anyway, I dont give a shit what type of music do they play. do you know any bands that play similar music? Im searching for LESS KNOWN bands, not the ones from the top10 chart list

• ringishpil a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 mars 2008, 12h33m
    Dude I don't think melodic punk is pop punk.

Anyway I think that you can't find similar band to Rise Against. They are very unique. I don't think there is a bend in the world that is as unique as Rise Against :)! Thats why I love em.

After 5 1/2 years using this profile, it goes to history. Its dead from now on, you can find me on - http://www.last.fm/user/davcevski .
  • last of the believers kinda rips of (or rather tries to) in some songs for example

• I'm pretty sure Last of the Believers has members (or ex members..I cna't remember) from Rise Against...

I suggest you look into Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, Paint it Black, 88 Fingers Louie

• ringishpil a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 22 mars 2008, 9h31m
    LAst of the believers got Criss on guitar. But despite that fact they are NOT similar to Rise Against. As I sad in my previous post, the uniquest bend in the world is Rise Against :).

After 5 1/2 years using this profile, it goes to history. Its dead from now on, you can find me on - http://www.last.fm/user/davcevski .
    • Jester149 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 avr. 2008, 23h26m
    ringishpil said:
    LAst of the believers got Criss on guitar. But despite that fact they are NOT similar to Rise Against. As I sad in my previous post, the uniquest bend in the world is Rise Against :).

Kid Dynamite is the most awesome though.

Hell Yeah
  • Jester149 said:
    ringishpil said:

Truth.

• yui713 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mai 2008, 19h41m
    the killing tree.
    the same vocal. a little bit harder and 'not comercial' (if that's what you ment).
    but i agree with the others... they're unique.
    =)

• ShitStroll a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 mai 2008, 15h06m
    i always just thought that rise against sucked.

HalogenAmbush said:
    I suggest you look into Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, Paint it Black, 88 Fingers Louie

said it all.
    try out latterman as well, i spose it's kinda the same sort of idea, just done a lot better.

oh hai
    • rbussell a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 jui. 2008, 19h18m
    HalogenAmbush said:
    Jester149 said:
    ringishpil said:

Truth.

They are close to most awesome, but PIB top them.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2010, 15h05m

strike anywhere

strike anywhere sounds like rise against

• Utilisateur
    • 15 nov. 2010, 16h11m

Re: strike anywhere

said:
    strike anywhere sounds like rise against

STRIKE ANYWHERE DOES NOT SOUND LIKE RISE AGAINST!! Though I highly recommend Strike Anywhere just because they are amazing!

• lol u mad? they sound a lil like rise against though tbh

"Anger isn't an emotion, it's a goddamn way of life"
    • kosciubdg a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 nov. 2010, 16h51m
    oh lol they are not melodic punk.they just are melodic hardcore.I feel it! :)

• epiclosses a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 avr. 2011, 6h43m
    the killing tree is good, also tim had an earlier project called .baxter. (the dots are important) but good luck finding the music. .baxter. is so underground it lives in the basement.

• Utilisateur
    • 14 jui. 2011, 14h06m
    they're punkrock/pop punk.

• Who cares about the genre?Rise Against is my favourite band stop.
    Try to listen the first two albums...are they pop punk?I don't believe that
    And the last two albums haven't very much to do with Punk...but they are good.
    Pop punk is Buzzcocks,early Green Day,Screeching Weasel,Bouncing Souls,Teenage Bottlerocket...

• chinobr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 mai 2012, 13h42m
    Rise Against is not hardcore! It would be a disgrace.

- two inches from a main artery -
    • dippyDIP a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 fév. 2014, 19h31m
    I get what he saying about melodic punk. But nonetheless Rise is a great punk band with much to offer. Melody, Hardcore beats, fast & (my opinion) great vocals! A much needed pick in anyones library!

Memphis, TN/TCB⚡
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.