Favourite Manics Album...

• Favourite Manics Album...

Hey, I'm new to this thread and was just wondering what everyones favourite Manics album is?

For me personally it's 'The Holy Bible.' Unsurprising really seen as it's my favourite album of all time...

Thoughts?

• Generation Terrorists for me, they were untouchable at the time and a mile more exciting than any other band. Shame it went down hill with GATS.

• My favorite is also 'The Holy Bible.' Even though their albums can differ from one another drastically, I must say that I like them all.

• Futoon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 jui. 2006, 9h33m
    I buy This is my truth a while ago, it sounds good. Very Hard to say best, im gonna buy generation terrorists and holy bible next, then i can say best i think ^^.

---_---
    • frenchdog a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 jui. 2006, 16h13m
    it has to be the bible really doesnt it ?
    the album is obviously fucking fantastic in every way; music/lyrics/the sound of it. incredibly disturbing sometimes, but all the better for it.
    at that point they had everything perfect - the music, the image (dont pretend it's not important), the artwork. everything.
    it's cliched to say so but the holy bible is the manics' masterpiece.

• fluffygrue a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 22 jui. 2006, 12h00m
    'This is My Truth..'

Nah, only kidding, Holy Bible all the way.

How about favourite B-Side? Slightly trickier question..

• Thanks for the replies....

I'm glad to hear that some people other than myself can appreciate 'the bibles' genius. Yes i agree it's a difficult listen sometimes, but that just makes the experiance all the greater, but only if you're smart enough to understand it.

• trevauld a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 jui. 2006, 10h49m
    i suppose i can't pick out one album among the others. but i do know that all albums till know your enemy were good stuff. holy bible was just a little bit more emotionally intense than the other ones.

generation terrorists was shining with its amateur spirit and guitar solos at the end of each song. gold against the soul had a raunchier sound, which was almost akin to GnR but it was still good. holy bible was pure emotion. everything must go brought the strings into the play, taking the manics out from the conventional guitar band stereotype. this is my truth was filled with the feeling of isolation and a more mature sound.

• My favorite Manics album is "Know your enemy".

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away." (Neil Young).
  • My favorite Manics album is "Know your enemy".

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away." (Neil Young).
    • FlintGF a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 jui. 2006, 16h48m
    Lifeblood is probably the best album I've ever heard. And even if it is not that, it's still the best Manics album. Pure magnificence.

• fluffygrue a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 août 2006, 9h23m
    FlintGF said:
    Lifeblood is probably the best album I've ever heard. And even if it is not that, it's still the best Manics album. Pure magnificence.

Really? I've not even heard it. Maybe it's worth a listen, though the adverts I saw made them sound like awful mainstream indie.

• xoghi a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 août 2006, 14h32m
    currently its lifeblood

• burton_yyz a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 août 2006, 7h26m
    The Holy Bible is probably the only album that I never get tired of

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 août 2006, 19h33m
    holy bible for originality and generation terrorists for its amazing lyrics

• Utilisateur
    • 14 août 2006, 21h58m
    The Holy Bible is my favourite, but I also love EMG and TIMTTMY. I think those three are their masterpieces.

• Generation Terriorists. <--- The Album Name Speaks For Itself.

''If Im The Guy Your Looking For,Just Look Down Under Some Rock''
    • hannahness a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 août 2006, 21h23m
    Probably Everything Must Go for me, right now, although it tends to switch places with The Holy Bible depending on my mood. :)

Hannah x
  • Generation Terrorists all the way! <3

• My opinion is that The Holy Bible is the best album of all time. It's a visceral, disturbing mix of punk and glam that still amazes me every time I listen to it.

That said, since it's release, Lifeblood has also continued to amaze me. Even though they were having a bit of a laugh, I think it's true what the band said about the album being a "Holy Bible for 35 year olds". Lifeblood, while sonically and lyrically many miles apart from it's younger cousin, is the flip side of the same coin as far as I'm concerned.

• Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2006, 19h50m
    This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours

• Tom_AJ4eva a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 sept. 2006, 20h26m
    1. THB
    2. GATS
    3. GT
    4. EMG

Everything else they did was a bit crap.

As for my favourite B-side, either "Heal Yrself" or "Little Trolls"

• ottomuttu a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 sept. 2006, 11h19m
    06MusicManDan said:
    Hey, I'm new to this thread and was just wondering what everyones favourite Manics album is?

For me personally it's 'The Holy Bible.' Unsurprising really seen as it's my favourite album of all time...

Thoughts?

definitely the holy bible. name suits the album. it's the album that defines the manics.

ziggy.stardustlar.ölmez
    • dantina a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 sept. 2006, 9h10m
    At the moment it's Know Your Enemy, I'm totally intoxicated by it. Not that long ago I swore eternal loyalty to The Holy Bible but what can I say, it keeps changing. Surely there will be times in future to dedicate myself to THB.

• WadeSimm a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 oct. 2006, 7h07m
    1) the holy bible
    2) gold against the soul
    3) know your enemy
    4) generation terrorists
    5) this is my truth...
    6) lifeblood
    7) lipstick traces
    8) everything must go
    --------------------
    manics 4real

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.