Buffering all the rime using 3G

• flofin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 oct. 2008, 17h02m

Buffering all the rime using 3G

When i use my iphone on 3G the last.fm start to buffering everysong every 20 or 30 seconds and is all the time, is there a way to fix this? like lower the quality of the songs so it can work with 3G speed?

It is just me?

Thanks

Ivan

• Utilisateur
    • 9 oct. 2008, 17h04m
    Sorry i put the same post two times and dont know how to delete it

• tpressman a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 oct. 2008, 17h18m

same for me - 3G buffering issue made be go back to Pandora (ack!)

So the 3G buffering issue is driving me nuts to the point where Last.fm for iphone is useless. I have great experience streaming with Pandora and other 3G apps - so it's obviously a bug with the new release of the iPhone/iPod app. Hope it's fixed soon!

• Utilisateur
    • 9 oct. 2008, 19h18m
    TY Tpress is so anoying this cause is only to use in home and office now and is not what i want to use it for. Hope they fix it soon

• valeeva a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2008, 9h51m
    I have to say i have no problems with last.fm and 3G. In fact, last.fm radio is more stable in playback than any other internet radio on my iphone.

• c99koder a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 10 oct. 2008, 14h13m
    We stream our music at a higher quality than Pandora does. However, this means that if your 3G coverage in your area isn't great, the song may have to buffer several times during playback. Most of the time the EDGE network is not fast enough to stream our music, so if your iPhone falls back to EDGE you will also experience frequent buffering.

We will have an update out soon that addresses several other streaming-related issues.

• Utilisateur
    • 10 oct. 2008, 15h44m
    Thank you for the response my signal dont drop ro EDGE so it has to be something with my 3G network, hope works better after the update, keep the great work.

• iphonedyou a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 27 nov. 2008, 13h03m
    c99koder said:
    We stream our music at a higher quality than Pandora does. However, this means that if your 3G coverage in your area isn't great, the song may have to buffer several times during playback. Most of the time the EDGE network is not fast enough to stream our music, so if your iPhone falls back to EDGE you will also experience frequent buffering.

We will have an update out soon that addresses several other streaming-related issues.

Sorry to bump an old thread c99koder, but a quick question re the 3g...

I've used it a lot in the last few days (recent last.fm convert!) , and it works great - very, very smooth most of the time, and when it isn't, that's the network rather than yourselves.

I noted in the 02 iPhone t+c's that streaming radio was theoretically forbidden, though technically it's obviously fine. Those t+c's haven't been updated since prior to the iPhone 3g release though, and was wondering if you, as an actual commercial entity, had heard anything from o2 regarding their stance now?

Rumour has it that they're only bowing to demand from Apple to let us all stream through youtube, and so that in itself doesn't really prove it's now ok to stream radio, I guess?

I'm not expecting to get a hoooge bill anytime soon, as an awful lot of people are still doing it, and no warnings were issued at point of sale, but it'd be nice to know for sure, before I get throttled or d/c'd!

Cheers for any and all advice!

• brainsik a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 déc. 2008, 7h55m

test your bandwidth

Perhaps you should check what your download rate is.

I use this to test my rate:
    http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html

Generally I get around 500-700 Kbps over 3G and don't have problems with the Last.fm app (unless I walk through any area with bad coverage).

Cheers,
    .:. brainsik

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.