GigTaggr - Last.FM events & Flickr app

• ebotunes a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2008, 2h48m

GigTaggr - Last.FM events & Flickr app

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to announce the release of a little app i've been working on. GigTaggr allows you to match up your Flickr photos with your last.fm events, and add the appropraite machine tags. eg. lastfm:event=xxx

As a nifty little bonus, you can also have it geotag your photos as well, based on the Last.FM venue location

http://gigtaggr.ebotunes.com

http://blog.ebotunes.com/2008/08/30/introducing-gig-taggr/

Please let me know what you think, and any feedback, good or bad!!!

Thanks very much
    Iain

• Overall I love how simple it is to use. Amazingly good idea. Well done :D

Only think i would say is add a "tick all" button to the page where you select photos to take. I only had 6 pictures but if you had more it could be a major hastle ticking both boxes for every single photo. Just an idea.

Also give people the option not to put the gigtaggr tag onto there photos. Just as an option, but have it enabled by default I would.

Well done :D

ONGOING PROJECT! PHP Last.FM API (Download or SVN)
    Online Last.FM Player (Updated version is SVN only currently)
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2008, 12h18m
    Thanks!

Yes 'tick all' is a good one (one of those messy bits of javascript that you dont want to face at 3am :) ... will add that.

Yes I considered an opt-out but thought i'd see how it went, as I could think of several apps that go ahead and add tags and descriptions without asking, and I personally didn't mind that much - if it bothered me that much I could always remove them after. Will probably add the opt-out anyway.

I only just discovered your PHP Last.FM API as I was posting here last night - boy would that have saved me some time!! As i said i started on this a while ago so ended up just rolling my own, adding methods as required (I borrowed a lot of tips from phpFlickr whilst doing that). Would make sense to take a look at your classes and incorporate that as a next step.

Thanks again!

Iain

• Yer I think you may have started your application before I started the API. Be aware if you do start using it that I'm changing the way you call every single method at the minute. I'm half way through so it's a little ugly and hard to use in places. Just need to make it more consistant.

By the way you might want to look at this post from Anil and the one on flickr it links to:

http://www.quotesque.net/blog/archives/2008/08/machine_tagging.html

The flickr blog post mentions they're waiting for someone to automatically add geotagging to lastfm events, which is exactly what you do :D

• Utilisateur
    • 3 sept. 2008, 16h30m
    Thanks! Yeah i put a comment on Anil's post but it's yet to be approved. I had already noticed the blog post on code.flickr.com (although unfortunately there's no comments allowed on that :(

i've also now added an opt-out for the gigtaggr tag.

• Could sounds good. Now I just need a good camera to use at any gigs I go to. All my photos look amazingly bad :(

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.