Last.fm on Rogers in Canada?

• prom a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 sept. 2009, 19h49m

Last.fm on Rogers in Canada?

Where is it? All I see on the android market is an app for the radio made by some guy not the official one. What's up with that?

• niskel a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 sept. 2009, 22h38m
    It is only available in US, UK and Germany (?). No love for Canada...

I got by this by downloading the Last.fm app from the market using the Android emulator which assumes it is in the US. I copied the app from the emulator and installed it on my phone using adb.

I am the music project Apriorism.
    • juepucta a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 nov. 2009, 2h38m
    Licensing.

-G.

• vvpc a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 jan. 2010, 0h06m

When....would it be available to Canada ever?

Please.....I am praying all the time.
    "I love last.fm, may it be available at wherever I am....."

• c99koder a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 7 jan. 2010, 17h37m
    Our lawyers are still in the process of negotiating with the record labels about distributing our app in various countries. We don't currently have an estimate on when the app will be available outside of the US, UK, and Germany.

• Sage2007 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 sept. 2010, 20h18m

Canada?

Any updates on an issue "Streaming on mobile devices outside US", specifically in CANADA?

• santouras a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 15 sept. 2010, 3h41m
    my utility belt tells me its to the bar batman
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 oct. 2010, 16h02m

Canada?

It's already October. Any updates on an issue "Streaming on mobile devices outside US", specifically in CANADA?

• Utilisateur
    • 16 nov. 2010, 23h50m
    Did the laws change recently?

-G.

• Utilisateur
    • 6 jan. 2011, 23h12m
    ANYBODY HERE?
    It's already January. Any updates on an issue "Streaming on mobile devices outside US", specifically in CANADA?

Have we been ignored?

• StormRidr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 jan. 2011, 17h31m
    I agree, I pay to be able to stream music from last.fm in Canada, so I expect this to work on any device. If this doesn't get resolved, I will probably cancel my subscription.

• I'll sign back up if....

I'll sign back up if you make the app work on Android.

• Tempest429 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 juin 2011, 14h09m
    Still no progress? Also I'm curious if anything would stop someone from just using the flash player? Near a power source this would be perfect solution

• Theablo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 juin 2011, 0h36m
    You can always use KLastFM from the market. It's the ugliest app ever, but it works.

• BraedenASP a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 août 2011, 15h41m
    It's seems ridiculous to me! WHY NOT CANADA? us, uk and germany but not canada? i've been paying for last.fm for years now and i went from having a working ipod app, to No ipod app to a android app that doesnt play radio.... i mean why can i pay to stream radio on my computer but not my phone... i don't see the difference I feel like canadians should be comp'd something... is there Any progress at all for last.fm radio support for android in canada?

• dbenoy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 sept. 2011, 12h55m
    @BraedenASP

There is no difference. It's not possible to put something on the web without it being accessible to both PC and smart phones. From a computer science perspective, there is no logical difference between them. (You can run android on your laptop and you can run linux on your smart phone, for example)

The lack of streaming support in the app is purely an artifact of lawyers and judges not understanding technology, and trying treat the two classes of devices as distinct.

I wouldn't blame last.fm; like all media companies they're hamstrung by the immoral and protectionist copyright regime in Canada.

• Utilisateur
    • 7 sept. 2011, 17h03m
    Precisely. All this complaining should be directed at your MPs.

No change in the law, no Last.

-G.

• bkruggel a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 déc. 2011, 19h36m
    juepucta said:
    No change in the law, no Last.

How did rdio get into canadian smartphones? Did they bribe someone?

• Utilisateur
    • 4 déc. 2011, 20h25m
    Different type of service under the law, different license.

-G.

• abecks a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 avr. 2012, 23h51m
    Why can we listen to Last.fm on a desktop, laptop, etc. device from Canada, but on a smartphone, it's suddenly illegal? Rdio is going to kill Last.fm across the board

• Bien dit!

dbenoy a dit :
    @BraedenASP

There is no difference. It's not possible to put something on the web without it being accessible to both PC and smart phones. From a computer science perspective, there is no logical difference between them. (You can run android on your laptop and you can run linux on your smart phone, for example)

The lack of streaming support in the app is purely an artifact of lawyers and judges not understanding technology, and trying treat the two classes of devices as distinct.

I wouldn't blame last.fm; like all media companies they're hamstrung by the immoral and protectionist copyright regime in Canada.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.