• Your love life?

How's your love life going, if at all? Single or taken? Better to love than not, or enjoy the single life?

How does your introversion play part in your romantic endeavors?

I'm in love with someone I met on Audioscrobbler. We haven't met in real life yet but expect to soon, but I'm nervous about it (obviously -- I'm in this group). Right now, though, she's rather ill and depressed, so I wish I could go see her now. :( Edit: Turned out to be a complete psycho.

Modifié par giveuptheghost le 29 nov. 2005, 4h33m
  • I'm constantly depressed because of my love life. I've liked this girl for two years, and she knows that. It constantly gets me down that I'm not with her. Sometimes she gives me hints that she likes me back, but sometimes she gives me hints that she doesn.t I'm so confused - if she just told me how she felt I'd be happy, even if she said she said she didn't like me - atleast I'd know where I stand.

That's a 4/4 string ostinato in D-minor! Every sailor knows it means death!

"Did you know there ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk." Tom Waits
    • dthtvwls a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 avr. 2005, 1h20m
    To Shaun- make a move, what do you have to lose? Truely you don't get anywhere without taking risks.

To Scott- all the best, it's tough to make long-distance relationships work, especially over the internet. I've been down that road before.

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

Guys! We should save the seeds and make marijuana popcorn! Potcorn!!!
  • Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    To Shaun- make a move, what do you have to lose? Truely you don't get anywhere without taking risks.

What do you suggest?

• Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2005, 11h11m
    Just think about it. You have no way of knowing exactly what's in her head, but chances are if she's let it go on this long, she may be in a similar position as yours. Lots of girls like to make guys make the first move, who knows why, maybe it's the power. Could be she's as shy as you. In my experience girls don't hang around and give hints if there's no interest at all.

But what's the worst that could happen? If you straight up tell her you that you see her as more than a friend, and you want to develop that closer relationship, basically she can say yes or no. If she says no, no big, you're where you are now.

Once you get up the nerve to do it let me know what she says!

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    Just think about it. You have no way of knowing exactly what's in her head, but chances are if she's let it go on this long, she may be in a similar position as yours. Lots of girls like to make guys make the first move, who knows why, maybe it's the power. Could be she's as shy as you. In my experience girls don't hang around and give hints if there's no interest at all.

But what's the worst that could happen? If you straight up tell her you that you see her as more than a friend, and you want to develop that closer relationship, basically she can say yes or no. If she says no, no big, you're where you are now.

Once you get up the nerve to do it let me know what she says!

I've told her that I like her before. But it just seems that she just likes the feeling that someone likes her.

But like you said, what's the worst that can happen?

• WildBill a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 avr. 2005, 18h24m
    I've no intentions to ever get in a relationship. I've liked a girl in the past, but my inability to socialize, and her contradicting signals from different times I talked to her, just caused me to be depressed. Eventually I just gave up, got over it, and have been happy to be alone.

I've lived 18.6 years without getting in a relationship, and I didn't even have any friends for nearly ten of those years, so why would I need a relationship now?

• I was just dumped a few weeks back. I never knew the girl for long, but I was a bit irritated that I gave her my first kiss, and I never loved her.
    I'd definetly rather not be single.
    My intorversion usually stops woman from taking any interest in me that isn't physical. I don't like purley physical relationships (in fact, I hate myself for finding people attractive).

How do I emo up in here ?
    • Dramatica a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 avr. 2005, 19h55m
    I am a single, and I have no idea why I should have a relation ship at this age...though I know some people do. I'm not planning to. I don't have a crush on anyone. Even if I had, I
    d be too shy to do something about it.
    And I wouldn't have time for it, too busy with the thinking and dreaming

Modifié par Dramatica le 23 avr. 2005, 19h55m
  • Re:

Quoth Shaunography:
    I'm constantly depressed because of my love life. I've liked this girl for two years, and she knows that. It constantly gets me down that I'm not with her. Sometimes she gives me hints that she likes me back, but sometimes she gives me hints that she doesn.t I'm so confused - if she just told me how she felt I'd be happy, even if she said she said she didn't like me - atleast I'd know where I stand.

UPDATE:

A girl who's way out of my league claims that she likes me. But it doesn't seem possible. She's absolutely stunning, charismatic, great personality, really popular etc. It seems to be that she's playing a sick joke on me, and if I fall for it I'll be humiliated by countless people.

As soon as I told the girl (who I previously posted about) about this, she started talking to me much more. So the original girl's only interested in me liking her when someone else might be interested in me.

For fuck's sake.

Modifié par Shaunography le 23 avr. 2005, 23h01m
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 avr. 2005, 23h57m
    Hey Shaun, I don't know if it's exactly that she's only interested in you because this other girl might be - it could just as easily be that now she realizes there might be other girls interested in you, and just playing games isn't enough.

Still, in my opinion you should be more proactive. A sensitive guy is attractive but a wimpy underconfident guy isn't.

How did I turn into this thread's relationship columnist?

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• Re:

Quoth dthtvwls:
    Hey Shaun, I don't know if it's exactly that she's only interested in you because this other girl might be - it could just as easily be that now she realizes there might be other girls interested in you, and just playing games isn't enough.

Still, in my opinion you should be more proactive. A sensitive guy is attractive but a wimpy underconfident guy isn't.

How did I turn into this thread's relationship columnist?

Haha! Well you seem to be good at this.

Well, if the new girl's being serious I'm going for her without a doubt. I'm sick of waiting around for nothing with the other one.

• bigliar a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 avr. 2005, 5h53m
    i'm totally out of relationships.
    and i used to be very much into romances, before, but now all that i want is to be by myself (most of the time, i mean. not all of the time. and maybe it would be nice to fall in love again and stuff... except that i'm so tired os bronken hearts and shit like that...).

• One of my biggest phobias ever is having a love life. I get drunk at parties and have fun but after that don't want to see people again. I'm actually a bit of a romantic though and would probably quite like some sort of steady relationship, but the idea of commitment freaks the bejaysus outta me. I actually met this lovely bloke the other day who I could have talked to for quite a while without getting bored, but typically he wasn't going to be around much as he was from London. *shrug* I'm all right. I just know I can't stand it when people let themselves be ruled by the idea that you must have a significant other...there's a 13 year old on my school bus who talks non-stop about her supposed 'relationships' and I can't help thinking: get a life.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 avr. 2005, 17h56m
    I figure me and love don't mix.
    too changable really, I'm one of the underconfident wimpy guys who gets no-one.
    but nevermind, different horses for different courses.

• Proctor a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 avr. 2005, 5h26m
    Bahaha, aren't we all?

I recently found out that I'm into a girl at my hostel, and I just didn't know it yet. Seriously, FOUR friends have all asked me what the story is and/or thought I was totally into crazy about her. :S

Meh, what're you gonna do.

• cathynow a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 avr. 2005, 8h23m
    Haha. I don't think that there has really been one since the day I was born. What a mess. Being shy DOES NOT help out in situations with people.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 avr. 2005, 12h38m
    Being shy DOES NOT help out in situations with people.
    I hear ya

• none of you are alone guys!! being permanently single and not having the confidence to do anything about it is pretty shitty.

Remember to keep breathing.
  • This group is awesome.

• I know. It rocks. (In a particularly melancholy way).

Remember to keep breathing.
    • cathynow a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 avr. 2005, 23h06m

Re:

Quoth jameswharper:
    I know. It rocks. (In a particularly melancholy way).

Haha. In a kind of Smiths way, I guess.

We are all singer-songwriters in the making!

• Utilisateur
    • 27 avr. 2005, 3h12m
    It's funny as. We're basically a whole bunch of emos. You should get The Weakerthans - Aside if you like your emo more punk than normal.

Speaking of The Smiths, How Soon Is Now is great for wandering the streets of the city alone at night. Along with Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps, Radiohead - Creep (Acoustic), Air - Alone in Kyoto and of course, Death in Vegas - Girls. Brilliant. Also, Lost in Translation rocks.

As for the whole shyness/total lack of confidence thing. I seem to have got faux-confidence down to a fine art now. People assume I'm arrogant as, and I was getting into bars on my REAL ID when I was 17, because I was just so nonchalant about it. Talking to girls = sweet as. In fact, more of my mates in the city are chicks than guys. Actually hitting on girls though, no can do. Bahaha.

• Utilisateur
    • 27 avr. 2005, 4h20m
    Do you have a swear filter on your computer or something?

<3 NeenMarie
    <3 Wilco Lovers

• Utilisateur
    • 27 avr. 2005, 6h26m
    Me? Eh, what?

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.