• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 nov. 2006, 22h00m

Hi there

This is the perfect thread to introduce yourself, so please don't be shy ;]

Tell us about why you love writing and recieving letters, or about yourself if you want to

I have been writing to pen pals for about 10 years now and I still love it... You just can't compare the feeling you get when you recieve this wonderful piece of paper, it's amazing.

• Utilisateur
    • 9 nov. 2006, 9h13m
    I like letters because the feeling of paper in my hands is ace. Also, I love the fact that somebody spend some time to write something down with his own hands. And I kinda like reading hand written things :) Yep, I do like letters and stuff. *nods*

Gah. Now I gotta write something :D

• I like letters since i received one two days after All saints day, was a cool feeling to see something that was written with love. Kinda strange, but i like this new feeling very much :D.

• Lukas1404 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 nov. 2006, 1h14m
    I like writing letters to my friends because it´s easier for me to tell them how I think of things or occasionally how I am feeling at that time. If you speak out a word, you can never take it back, and words can have great power sometimes. They could hurt people, heal people, or make people happy. But when you write, you can read the words yourself before they go out to people. Your writing can become less emotional or less tempered depending on your words. You can also erase words, which means you can express exactly how you feel or think.

I hope my english is readable.

Lukas

• liebling a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2006, 23h41m
    Oh hello. I am new.

I thought this was an interesting group because it's actually inside of an online community. :)

Anyway, I still love writing letters because it's so much more personal. I appreciate the fact that e-mails / text messages / real time chats can get a point across quite fast and I'm not gonna lie and say I never use those. But that only makes sending and receiving actual letters so much more special. You put so much effort into it (well, I do) and it's just nicer to see people's handwriting and all. I *despise* it when people actually type letters unless they have a good reason.

Uhm...yeah, basically I love letters. :)

Kathy xx

Schwarze-Segel.de - First German AFI Community. Come join us!

mybook?facespace?
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 jan. 2007, 22h38m
    all the things i wanted to say have already been mentioned, so i'll just say hello.
    hello there.

• Utilisateur
    • 13 jan. 2007, 7h07m
    Letters are so rad. Writing a letter to someone is so meaningful because you take time to sit down and think of all the things you want to tell a person. Receiving a letter is like holding someone's heart in your hands.

I carry letters in my pocket that someone once wrote me. It's an awesome thing to be able to just pull them out and reread the thoughts written just for me.

• Utilisateur
    • 15 jan. 2007, 22h36m
    Hi everyone.

My name is Mark, and reading/receiving makes me happy. I also love writing...(=
    Writing is much more personal than an e-mail, if you ask me.
    Especially when you get a letter that has plenty pages. It means the person put her time into it, no copy pastings, no deleting / new starting, just writing...(=

And yeh, I have my letters near me, too. I don't carry them in my pocket, but I always have them on my desk for months... o=

Hope that's enough? Feel free to ask questions.

Have a nice day everyone.

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 11h34m
    I love writing - receiving letters, but sadly I haven’t written nor received a letter in eons. It’s a dying art that needs to be revived. Chainletters don’t count either. :P

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 12h24m
    Awh why haven't you written nor received any? Seems like less and less people actually write to their friends, mh?

I'll revive it, if you want. >:D Haha. Welcome (=

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 15h22m
    Maybe it's cuz I travel a lot (in fact 'too much' :p ) Living abroad at the moment I find myself writing letters, picking up cards and postcards and little gifts with the intention of sending them to my friends and family back home. And then I never get around to it. I have been a terrible correspondent and it is just purely through laziness and distraction rather than lack of anything to say.

I want make time to send letters to my friends and family that they will enjoy receiving. I will start with one a month. lol

(maybe you'll be the very first one receiving it. hehe)

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 15h39m
    Awwhh..I love traveling, too! But I never travel cause I am poor. lol. [=

Awwh. I know laziness and distraction, but once I already wrote a letter, I usually turn so happy that I can't do anything but send it immediately. o_o

Witin one month? Haha I'm sure they will be happy. (=
    And yesh I'd be glad to be the very first one! x3!

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 17h31m
    Witin one month?

Nope.. I meant 'a letter per month'. I'm kinda sweet friend & daughter..
    I dont really wanna bother them.. .. lol

PS. give me your home address!!

• Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2007, 20h02m
    Haha awhw..^^a I doubt you'd bother!

Okay I'll PM it to you. (x

• Utilisateur
    • 17 jan. 2007, 2h24m
    vanila_crescent said:

It’s a dying art that needs to be revived.

Agreed. VIVA la writing of letters <3

• Utilisateur
    • 17 jan. 2007, 6h58m
    GreyMind said:
    Agreed. VIVA la writing of letters <3

Yeah. [=

Oh and...
    GreyMind said:
    Receiving a letter is like holding someone's heart in your hands.

Nicely said. *__*

• Utilisateur
    • 17 jan. 2007, 13h32m
    GreyMind said:
    Receiving a letter is like holding someone's heart in your hands.

that's the punch line! ...

• Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2007, 1h31m
    Yesterday, I went shopping and bought some pretty paper to get me motivated. =)
    Now I just need to figure out who to write to...

• Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2007, 14h10m
    What kind of paper did you buy? o= How nice. ^_^

• Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2007, 15h31m
    I've got a pretty huge collection of different letter papers, I love to buy them =] Yet I don't use it that much, I've only got one pen pal at the moment... I should start writing letters to people I know personally just to use this wonderful paper XD
    I love the ones with animals on it, photos or drawings... They're so really cute sometimes that it's hard to send them away ^^

Feel free to open new topics if you want to, by the way =]

• Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2007, 15h49m
    Awwh...Yeah I love cute letter papers, aswell! (=

And yeah if I have an idea for a topic I'll open one. (:
    Maybe we could open one with photos of our letter papers? Haha xD But I don't have any of mine at the moment so someone else should start it.

• Utilisateur
    • 21 jan. 2007, 13h11m
    summernightrain said:
    What kind of paper did you buy? o= How nice. ^_^

like these ..

cute & yummy...

Hehe

• Utilisateur
    • 21 jan. 2007, 13h14m
    PS. Mark, your signature looked cool to me ...

• Utilisateur
    • 21 jan. 2007, 13h14m
    Awwh so cute. (=

PS: Thanks? xD Haha

• Gandzia a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 jan. 2007, 19h38m
    I just wanted to say hello to everyone :)

Writing letters is awesome. You know that the other person devotes their time only to you. And the feeling when you open the envelope - you are never sure what you'll find inside.

Hmmm... Letters seem to be more heartfull than emails. However, I also like writing emails :)

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.