• Why?

Nice and simple, Why don’t you like I-pod. This is a dumb question but we might as well voice our views.

I personally loathe and detest this company because of their superiority in the market meaning that this inferior player becomes the face of digital music. Also I hate I-Tunes and its pricing of music. As well as the fact that you cannot transfer music onto another player.

That’s my rant, what’s yours?

Lookie here par! Im jigging to children of bodom!
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 fév. 2006, 0h04m
    Good point. I don't like how they have become this fashion accessory that it seems EVERYONE has. and even if people cant afford the big expensive one they settle for a crappy ipod shuffle that you cant even control properly. whats the point?!

also, yeah, i hate how they are the market leader even though they are far inferior to Creative. makes me sick how they get all the cash when they dont REALLY deserve it.

and the price?! £200ish for what is essentially a nice HDD. crazy. i paid £150 for my creative zen 20gb mp3 player, which has great sound quality and looks really cool.

Also, chavs like to steal ipods, and chavs can suck my kiss!

• DarkWheel a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 fév. 2006, 0h40m

If only...

...they could record tracks played to your Last.fm profile(!)

• Utilisateur
    • 3 fév. 2006, 11h53m
    i hate the fact that every single private schooler in Sydney had to buy a pink Ipod mini when they don't even have any music taste to fill it with. They probably had Crazy Frog goddammit.

• Utilisateur
    • 3 fév. 2006, 23h33m

$$$

I don't have an iPod or an mp3 player. yet. i just can't afford one right now. I mostly listen in my car driving, or at work or home on my pc or laptop.

Wish I had one, but I don't.

• Utilisateur
    • 4 fév. 2006, 0h30m
    well, i would really recommend the Creative Zen range. they are very good and it means you don't have to follow the flock to have a good player..

• MissKazzy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2006, 22h45m
    Ehhh. Ipods for the moment are just a fashion accessory, if you don't have one, you're not that "cool." Anyway many people only buy it just to show off their "vast" music list which is just bollocks.

I know that many Ipods -not speaking from direct experience- break down in the first few months and they've had to buy a new one. And they complain that the battery life on an Ipod is low. How stupid is that, spending £££ just to follow the fashion, only to see it break in the next few months. Great!

• It's so damn expensive

They cost about $200 a pop here in Canada ($150 for an iPod shuffle). That's money I don't have. For what? An mp3 player that maybe as a few exta useless functions? Personally, I'm happy with my Nexxtech mp3 player that has the same amount of memory as iPod shuffle, for half the price.

• Who prefers WMP to iTunes? (I did before I switched to Linux)

• Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2006, 15h34m
    ive never liked WMP that much, and i've never used iTunes. I'm more of a winamp guy myself. WMP just uses way too much RAM for my liking. winamp uses much less memory and still has those great visualisations. infact, they are better in winamp. however i rarely use it for video...dunno why.

• neklaz a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 fév. 2006, 22h14m
    Nothing's better than old school winamp!

• zar_igor a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 22 fév. 2006, 23h00m
    Well, there are some interesting Skins for modern Winamp around there in the internet! However, WINAMP takes the lead when it comes to skins, RAM use and even usability and stuff.

I use WINAMP since I listen to music on my PC - and I won't use anything else for music. Nevertheless, the VLC media player is far better for videos than WINAMP.

Starting with the man in the mirror.
    • djloche a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 fév. 2006, 16h26m
    i can't afford one
    i can't get over my mp3-cd player
    i listen to my music on my computer or car or cdplayer.

I want something that will record what I listen to and then be able to transfer these records to last.fm ... is there such an mp3 player?

• Utilisateur
    • 7 mars 2006, 22h26m
    there's about 2 ipods to every person on my school bus. i prefer virgin digital for downloads to itunes, but guess what, my brother just bought an ipod. misguided

• _furious_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mars 2006, 17h52m
    i hate'em because of their's stupid interface, general Apple's music policy and because they are just everywhere.
    now i have an old cd-mp3 iRiver

• NightMoves a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 mars 2006, 18h00m
    Well, the main reason I don't have one is 'cos I already have loads of CDs. I don't especially hate iPods, but have noted that most people who own them are...idiots.

• Abonné
    • 24 avr. 2006, 19h47m

Re:

Quoth NightMoves:
    I don't especially hate iPods, but have noted that most people who own them are...idiots.

You're damn right - where I go to school only the stupid asshdoles owns iPods... scaaarrryyyy!

• Why hate?

I hate because the fuckers don't like to work with anything that isn't an apple product, and if you get itunes it likes to reformat your music files so you can't use them in other programs. Money hungry fuckers. I think i'll get something user friendly (when i'm cashed up). :)

• Phil_S a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 3 mai 2006, 19h26m

I don't like Ipods...

...because of two reasons:
    1. Everyone has one (for geeks like me that's a major reason against Ipods)
    2. They are just too expensive. They can't play ogg, i've heard the battery is crap and they are using a database based system instead of simple folders and tagged files.

Bye
    Phil

• spazmtr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 mai 2006, 11h09m

Re:

Quoth neklaz:
    Nothing's better than old school winamp!

try foobar2000 > www.foobar2000.org

iPod Classic 5g 60GB White, Shuffle 2g 1GB Gray, iPhone 3GS 16gb + Sennheiser PX 200 White + foobar
  • 1) They're way too overpriced
    2) ..and overrated as well
    3) You have to install iTunes and I hate that program.
    4) I love my CD Walkman. :D

• Abonné
    • 6 mai 2006, 21h03m
    ... plus, a lot of people got catched by the apple-mania and think, that iPod means top quality. Fuck it, that's wrong!

• fellicity a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 mai 2006, 18h57m
    My coworker, who sits next to me and uses iPod, told me she envies me for listening to music on my laptop, with good old headphones, since the battery on her $400 toy keeps crapping out.

I guess the real reason for no iPod is that I hate and fear change. I was the last of everyone I know to own a CD player (albums were better!), a DVD player (but I have so many movies on video!), even a computer (too expensive!)

So that part of me that's resistant of technological change thinks iPod is an overpriced, overrated fad - and then 5 years after the fad cools down, I'll succumb and buy one of the stupid things.

someone's vicious love
    make me writhe around
    all I need is one
    all I need is one.
    • lykesorad a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 mai 2006, 5h29m
    It just...the sound is so much worse on iPods. The quality deteriorates by so much. I don't understand how people can't hear it...I hear it so clearly that CDs are so much better (and yes, fellicity, vinyls sounded even better, but they're not as portable)

And I dunno...they're just gonna make more. I don't want to keep up with that crap.

I like to think I'm defining myself and my style by keeping my discman <3

I'm a roman candle
    My head is full of flames
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 mai 2006, 23h35m
    Sometimes I actually wish I had an iPod but then again I think.. Why? I spend most of my time at home and at school and I don't have any friends/relatives I have to visit who live 9 hours away from me. So why should I buy an iPod?
    And I hardly ever listen to 1000+ songs or would like to put 1000+ songs on my mp3 player, I would never get to listen to the music I want because I would spend half an our of skipping the tracks.
    I have only about 5-10 favourite songs a week and I don't need an ipod to listen to them.
    So a 120 MB mp3 player like I own or a 512 MB memory stick for Sony Ericsson is much more handy than a stupid ipod.
    And then there's the price. Pfffff.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.