• Wigwam66 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 jui. 2011, 0h04m

How old?

I've been listening to electronic music for 30 odd years now, started off with Human League and the like but what really caught my attention was house music in the mid to late 80's and beyond, then going to raves. Fantastic times.

I went through a bit of a hiatus from the mid 90's to mid 2000's where I couldn't really find what I liked, but about 5 years ago I heard a song that really grabbed my attention and from that point it snowballed and certainly last.fm has helped alot with that.

Though I don't go to clubs any more my love for electronica is still strong and I'm still discovering new artistes (just got the new Siriusmo album, brilliant stuff). So in a round about way what I'm asking is am I too old for this?

Yes. You're too old. And so am I. I started this group and I'm 40. But you know what – I don't care.

I started listening to british synth-pop in the mid 80s, and found acid house kind of fun when it came.

I had the same problem with the 90s but found trip-hop somehow listenable.

Around 2000, with the electroclash wave, there was a synth-pop revival in Sweden which restored confidence in my taste.

Right now I'm quite fond of all these kids picking up the goth heritage in different ways, like Tu Fawning, Zola Jesus, Crystal Stilts, and I'd argue A Place To Bury Strangers belong in there as well.

= I'm so electronic I shit bits =
    • Luky7 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 nov. 2012, 21h53m

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.