Greg's voice over the years.

• Greg's voice over the years.

What do you think about this? Imo he always had a good voice. And his strongest point being singing beatifully and melodicly, without trying to show-off like many singers do. And also his ability to do this at an amazingly fast pace. But I i also liked the how could hell be any worse? angry singing, with less crappy production I belive he would sound better than most of the rest classic hardcore singers, even at his 15-16 back then. Getting older his range reduces as with most singers, but his singing skill improves on the other hand. I'd say that his best years, like before losing range should be at the weakest BR records otherwise, New America and No Substance. But this could be due to the clearer, popier productions on those.

Also how does he sound to people as native english or not speakers? Here most people take quite a while to like his voice, but i think it's mostly due to the superfast singing coupled with not being able to understand what he says.

"Yeah you waste your time with losers if you get stuck in a rock-n-roll band"
    Do you find it more rewarding to compete with morons throughout this land?
  • Personally I think he sings best on Suffer, I like how it is all on top of his lungs and energetic.

On the first EP and How Could Hell Be Any Worse he is still sounding too young for my taste, on Into The Unknown and Back To The Known there is too many overdubs. On No Control and Against The Grain he is quite good, however he does sound a bit snotty and less energetic than on Suffer. On Generator he is not bad at all, Recipe For Hate and Stranger Than Fiction are rather good too.

Starting from The Gray Race and more and more so nowadays he sounds a bit too polished for me. Don't get me wrong, he is still really good, better than me for instance, but the raw energy of Suffer just was the best in my opinion.

• I agree overall. Suffer sound is clearer than the following records, and his voice sounds more powerful, maybe due to it. I still like the next 3 more than Suffer songwise, but i preffer the "Suffer sound". And yes late 90s records and later to a point sound overproduced, but what i meant, also judging from lives, he has become even better on knowing how to sing correctly. On early records i love this angry voice, ever if you can't really call it singing, how could hell got me started to check many oldschool hardcore bands that i now love.

"Yeah you waste your time with losers if you get stuck in a rock-n-roll band"
    Do you find it more rewarding to compete with morons throughout this land?
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.