The Next Poster Must Listen to a Song by...

• boa3x a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 sept. 2011, 11h47m
    Not fan of this music style

Ok listen to Eric Church

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glCEfLdBPg&feature=feedlik[/youtube]

• Not big on country in general - I like some (who doesn't like Alabama? lol)
    But I did actually quite enjoy this tune... thumbs up from me

NEXT: Give these two Aussie lads a try - I am in love with their voices and they write amazing melodies <3!!

The Kin

• I kinda loved that..their voices sounded a bit 'off' at some places in the video, but was good nevertheless :)

This is one of my favorite metal bands that I've recently discovered...keep an open mind! ;)

Crazy? I was crazy once, I had my own padded room.
    Then the worms came….Worms? I hate worms, they drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once…

-Sometimes you make me so mad that I want to throw you in the middle of on-going cars. But then I realize, I would probably kill myself just to save you...-
    • [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 sept. 2011, 20h17m
    The harsh vocals are out of place, since they've been betrayed by the vocal in the chorus, which could have also been off a pop song. Reminds me of Avril Lavigne, Nickelback and similar stuff, but also some relatively good stuff, like The Killers. Without a doubt aiming for mainstream success. I wish I could see what they mean to accomplish musically other than that. I think I could listen to this if I were tense and needed something light. Idk.

Cynic is death metal (harsh vocals) with progressive elements (jazz, complex rhythm patterns, technical guitar) - or prog metal with death elements? I cannot tell, because their roots are deathy. Lyrically, they are about Buddhism and philosophy in general. They didn't release a lot of music, but it's solid gold. And their new album will hit the stores in November, and they might even visit your town. That gig is worth attending.

• Utilisateur
    • 11 sept. 2011, 21h46m
    ^ I wanted to like it, I really did! I want to like any album with good cover art, and in my defence I hadn't actually listened to Cynic up until this point. I just thought that even with all the clever mood changes and riffage, I never felt anything other that piqued curiosity. The 3:28 playtime was just about enough for me.

And now for something on the opposite end of the technical spectrum! Please listen to The Haters.

• HELL NO, not my type...actually they kinda suck...sorry

Next: Selah Sue - This World

you can watch the video here
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7YIyPmIQ0 ... I cant see it right now because of my damn PC

• wow she's amazing . nice voice

• Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2011, 12h41m
    ^ [unrelated observation] I like the album art! Very XTC-ish'...

Its a nice enough song. Was this song recorded in the 90's perchance? I'm not overtly keen on most of the punk music from that decade. Still, I think this track would grow on me given the chance...

Can the next poster please listen to the ultraviolent punk informed power electronics stylings of Fire In The Head.

• Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2011, 13h02m
    I expected fierce rhythm. I wouldn't call vibe like this violent, it's more like "grating" or maybe passive aggressive. Right now I'm unable to get anything from listening to this project, I'm not in the noise mood. Nor am I in the drone mood.

I've been in Antaeus mood, so here's a nice one. There aren't many uploads of this, so I had to settle for a bit low quality.

• Not what I was in looking to hear this morning... but my mood shifted over in about 30 seconds and it was a pleasant song from that point on :)

To keep the french metal theme alive next up is Trepalium

Enjoy!

• Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2011, 15h26m
    ^ Mixed feelings. Whilst I like the idea of saxophones, intervals and other jazzy elements in metal, i prefer my metal more cthonic and minimal. The grooviness is doing absolutely nothing for me, and that scat bit in the middle is... I can't think of a word or phrase to eloquently summarize how much I don't like that particular bit.

~

Can the next poster please listen to martially inclined gothic ballad wares of Seelenlicht.

• Had the misfortune of listening to Priapus...
    the music was repetitive and dull while the lyrical content utterly juvenile....
    I have no idea if the rest of this artist's material is like this, but I am not going to waste my time bothering to listen to another... my vote is thumbs down/ no thanks

Time to cleanse the ears with some Leprous

• isaacashe a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 sept. 2011, 22h11m
    Got a nice groove to the guitar, and the transizhuns into the growls are nice, but the vocal's a bit cheese for me at points.
    Will the next person please sample a little Beggar Joe - they're criminally underrated. in my opinion.

• i listen to "Ain't no way" . good one , the bass is really good.
    and then i listen to "Sleeping City" . even better :)

• :( I am not keen to that style of vocals....

An offering of something unusual, old+new

• a little too weird for me .but i think it's unique

• Utilisateur
    • 30 sept. 2011, 10h24m
    One of the reasons I despise music like this is that it shows a strong intention to impress me and excite me, while it fails miserably, probably because selling your record to as many people as possible doesn't require integrity, honesty, and fairness. I don't mind anyone listening to this provided that they redeem the right to act like children, and that right is redeemed by having listened to the classics of as many genres as possible.

Please excuse this rant. As I hinted, it isn't inspired exclusively by this song, but by its entire kind.

I thought this is pretty cool:

• hmm......no...

• Utilisateur
    • 4 oct. 2011, 19h59m
    Don't really like that.

• diantc333 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 oct. 2011, 1h50m
    It's alright.

• First impression (30 seconds into the song) excited about potential...
    Voice comes in... opinion falters... sounds like they are very fond of Coheed and Cambria, Chiodos, etc...
    Not a bad song, but not something I would add to my library

One of my new favorites :)

• Utilisateur
    • 5 oct. 2011, 18h57m
    Wow, the music is very atmspheric and contains nice riffs, but the voice is incredibly awful at first impression. Overall not that bad for that the vocals destroy the whole song.

Now it's time for some more atmospheric soundtrack music.

• Adthey a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 oct. 2011, 21h26m
    Wow, that was great!

The next person should listen to Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson, like for example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5sMKf85wNE

• Utilisateur
    • 6 oct. 2011, 15h38m
    I still don't like that post-rock genre. Boring song IMO.

Next one will listen to Harry Gregson-Williams - Ibelin on Kingdom of Heaven.

• Soundtracks/movie and or game score can sometimes be really awesome...but other times it feels like it's just life's elevator music... pleasant and easily ignored...

Faunts!
    Full Song (recommended)

Condensed Version

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.