Favorite Place

• Favorite Place

This is a maaad slow forum, so I thought I would start this to get some conversation going.

Where is your favorite place(s)? Why? What do you do there?

It doesn't have to be wooded or near a forest, and it can be very specific or general, you could pick a room or a whole country if you wanted to, but give some reasons why.

My favorite place would have to be the White Mountains in New Hampshire (America). I spent a lot of my childhood hiking in the forest, and it is very peaceful and serene in most places. Hiking alone through those wildernesses and not seeing another person or sign of humanity aside from the path for six hours is the most amazing thing ever. When the clouds come in out of nowhere and you are stuck on top of a mountain when it starts thundering, it really makes you realize how dependent on nature you are. I go on backpacking trips with my friends often, and spend a lot of time up there in the winter and summer, or whenever my family can get away from school etc.

Death To False Metal!
  • My favourite places are forests, doesn't matter where they are, I love all of them.^^ I enjoy it to take a walk in the forest behind my house... It's so.. silent there... I love that! :)

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 déc. 2006, 10h20m
    Hmm, i haven't thought it out myself, because i'm never happy in places :P There are woods behind our house here, they are on a cliff and then you have the sea. I love it, because it gives a certain warmth and breeze. I also love mountains, especially cold and snow covered, going down them is one of the most amazing experiences in my opinion, also thunderstorms on random occasions are great, they make you realize how small you are and that nature always wins. :P don't have a real favorite place, though.

• i'm stuck in the shithole suburbs of san diego. i've been stuck here almost all my life and will remain stuck here for at least another 4 years.

i'll get back to you in 5 years.

"Success is obedience to a structured way of life, you can't ignore the structure because we're all within its sight"
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 jan. 2007, 2h55m
    Another thing i have always found weird - i love sleeping while driving a bus or flying (on the ground); with a cold temperature, at night. It calms me down totally.

• Kekkai a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 jan. 2007, 19h42m
    A cliff in the forest near my house. I sometimes go there and look at sunsets. Once I went alone and overdid with the sunset-watching. It got dark and I was quite a long way from home... It was a cold evening and the wind was quite strong, which made the bushes move. That really got my imagination going.. I remembered the story about Lake Bodom and I'm still not sure why. As a consequence, I could see a freak with a chainsaw in every darker place of the forest. Good thing, that I know it well and didn't get lost :D Still, I love the place and go there a lot :)

• KennedyBacon said:

My favorite place would have to be the White Mountains in New Hampshire (America). I spent a lot of my childhood hiking in the forest, and it is very peaceful and serene in most places.

This is probably the first forum where I actually felt proud of that fact that NH is my native state. Yay! Well, now I live in MA, but I am planning to hike in the White Mountains this winter and maybe this summer too.

I've never hiked/camped in the winter before. What would you recommend bringing? Or at least, what are some important thing(s) I should remember to bring?

• Whereabouts in NH are you from?
    You have to bring lots of warm clothes obviously, but try not to have any cotton because it takes forever to dry. A wet pair of jeans will do more harm than good when it comes to keeping you warm. Waterproof stuff if you have it, and lots of extra socks. Besides extra clothing, it really depends on what kind of trip you are doing. Are you planning on doing just day hikes, or a pack trip?

Death To False Metal!
  • Forests at autumn, fantastic colours and atmosphere.

• I'm from the Sullivan county area of NH, down in the lefthand corner by Vermont. My grandmother used to own a B&B right in the White Mtns. I'm planning a weekend trip, because the drive is pretty long from where I live now, in central MA.

~~~~~~
    I agree, forests in autumn are the best, at least in New England. I think September or October must be my favorite months.

• Cziki a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 jan. 2007, 16h57m
    Niedośc ,że chuja zrozumiecie z tego co napisałem, to powiem wam jeszcze iż mieszkam w lesie! :P

• Feite a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 jan. 2007, 22h12m
    Chrzaszcz brzmi w trzcinie w Szczebrzeszynie. My polish fried says i can pronounce this perfectly, took me almost 2 months.

• Utilisateur
    • 27 jan. 2007, 12h49m
    I can imagine!

• Ulvy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2007, 1h56m
    White Sea's shores in the North of Russland

• Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2007, 21h56m
    Where is that? Fully North or in the lign of Sint-Petersburg?

• Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2007, 12h36m
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2007, 21h06m
    soso ^^ I understand.

• Wow, those pictures are beautiful

Death To False Metal!
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 mars 2007, 16h46m
    I like forests and winter landscapes. I always like it when it's snowy

• Utilisateur
    • 8 mars 2007, 16h47m
    oh I forgot: and when there's fog on the winter landscape it's perfect^^

• Utilisateur
    • 10 avr. 2007, 22h33m
    I didn't get the chance to go in forests from other countries, but I know for sure that all forests from the Carpathian Mountains do wonders for me no matter the season.

Also, the mountains near the center of Transylvania, in the spring early mornings when the fog descends, look breathtaking. The atmosphere there is similar to the one Negură Bunget create in the 'N Crugu Bradului album.

• I just listened to that yesterday!

• assaltus a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 avr. 2007, 10h18m
    my favorite place? the Norwegian forests. even if I love forests in general, the Norwegian woods has something, how to say... special. a kind of characteristic ambience wich make me feel complet. it might also be nostalgia, but, whatever...

• I agree, I'd simply love to go to Norway, especially Bergen.
    I have to say that I also love the forests, the Carpathian forests from my country.

"You won't find it in the dictionary"
  • check out Negura Bunget's video for "Cunoasterea Tacuta"

"You won't find it in the dictionary"
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.