• FloydNut a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2006, 5h23m

Music Rating

I've seen this a bit on other forums so you might enjoy it. I thought this would be a good group to do it in, because there's not going to be any flaming. So here's how it works, first you look at the profile of the last person who posted, you rate their musical taste out of 10, state your favourite artist in their top 50, and then give them a recommendation for a new band to check out based on their profile. Enjoy.

Oh me, oh my,
    Love that Country Pie
    • BluDevil02 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2006, 5h47m
    Okay, I´m too lazy this morning, so I´ll start with you.

Overall: 7/10, because I think it´s is a pretty good combination of rock legends and contemporary Indie-Bands, but imho it is almost too solid a combination with too little variety.

My fav in your Top50: Air

Recommended: The Who, but I think you know them ;-)

"As always, sing the f*ck along and move your body when you feel necessary!"
  • Hmm, I'll have a go (not saying this'll be particularly successful, but i'll try :P)

BluDevil02, I'd rate it 8/10, because you've got quite a lot of variety in styles, mostly in rock, but that's never a bad thing. And having The Hives near the top can never be a bad thing.

My Favourite In Your Top 50: Probably Ash, even though there's quite a lot I like in your Top 50.

Not quite sure what to reccomend...but I'd say try Breed 77 or Taproot, you might like them..

• MySweetShadow

An Interesting variety among the rock genre. I have a lot of respect for your themed variety. A strong 8/10 in my opinion for what it's worth.

My favorite artist from your list is probably A perfect Circle, closely followed by HIM.

My recommendation is Motorhead although you will have heard them probably.

Rock on.

• jammy2211 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2006, 15h53m
    Killerteapot, I'll give you 6/10

I like the old school rock like Ac/DC / Guns N' Roses, and the modern day metal like System and Rammstein. I also respect alot of artists there but don't listen to them, like pink floyd, porcupine tree etc. Just a shame to me beatles are number one.

I'd recommend The Mars Volta and Metallica (their early albums).

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 jan. 2006, 16h17m
    Overall 8/10... You've got some great classic stuff in there but enough modern music that it fits my liking.

Fav band - The Mars Volta

Reccomended band - Nine Black Alps

• Utilisateur
    • 29 jan. 2006, 18h05m
    hmmmm

id give you a 6/10

some great bands in the list...glad to see Razorlight (so underrated!!) in the top 20.
    but it just feels strange that i THINK i could make a fairly accurate guess at what you look like from looking at those lists. or atleast its feels strange that i think that i could guess what you look like from your music taste, whether its right or not...if you see what i mean...

favourite band: its quite hard to chose! ill say Muse in the mood i am in.

Recommend: Muhler. everybody needs a good pounding classical orchestral piece to start the day...and see it through...and end it.
    That or Neutral Milk Hotel. sweet bliss....

who are the Mutual Admiration Society? i like their name.

im curious to see what someone will rate me.
    i wish records and cds and ipods and tapes you play could show up too.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 jan. 2006, 18h07m
    hmmmm

id give you a 6/10

some great bands in the list...glad to see Razorlight (so underrated!!) in the top 20.
    but it just feels strange that i THINK i could make a fairly accurate guess at what you look like from looking at those lists. or atleast its feels strange that i think that i could guess what you look like from your music taste, whether its right or not...if you see what i mean...

Recommend: Muhler. everybody needs a good pounding classical orchestral piece to start the day...and see it through...and end it.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 jan. 2006, 18h07m
    hmmmm

id give you a 6/10

• Utilisateur
    • 29 jan. 2006, 23h51m
    I'm going to have to give you a 9/10. Not just 'cos I'm a nice guy.

That's a nice eclectic selection you have there. Favourite on there has to be Graham Coxon, an artiste extaordinaire.

If you like Razorlight, I'd suggest a brit band called 'The Subways', debut album 'Young For Eternity'. (I actually saw Razorlight at Cardiff in Wales last christmas, they were awsome, along with the Foo Fighters who blew the crowd away)

If you like the Radiohead style, try 'Low'. The album, 'The Great Destroyer' is one of my altime luckiest finds.

• Utilisateur
    • 31 jan. 2006, 18h57m
    im going to reply to YOU but not rate...i think that would be cheating or something...

but oh thanks
    HOWEVER

DEATH TO THE SUBWAYS

now smile! :)

• Utilisateur
    • 1 fév. 2006, 0h18m
    Georgiageorgia, im just curious... what is your guess as to what I look like?

And Mutual Admiration Society is an acoustic band made up of a few artists from other bands... Chris Thile from Nickel Creek, Glen Phillips from Toad the Wet Sprocket, John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin, and Pete Thomas from the Attractions. If you like folk music it's a great band.

• evhan, you get, i guess, a 7/10, because i've only listened to a smattering of the bands on your top 50, but there are a few good ones and nothing terrible.

my favorite of yours is motion city soundtrack, whom i adore.

you might like limbeck - they're sort of mellow alt-country. they did a split cd with motion city soundtrack, which speaks volumes in their favor.

• Utilisateur
    • 6 fév. 2006, 8h03m
    I like the variety and substance of the artists and songs that you listen to, I have to confess I haven't listened to some of the bands on the list, but I may just do that. I woudl rate it a 8/10 or a 7/10. I would say John Lennon is my favorite of yours.

By the looks of it your'e varied, I'd check out Sunny Day Real Estate if you fancy indie a lot. And the NOFX lover might enjoy Bad Religion. G'luck with that.

• Teddeh a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2006, 1h37m
    Well I'm also a fan of Bad Religion (seen them twice in the UK in 2005) as well as the other punk stuff like NOFX and the Dropkick Murphys. Also love stuff like CoB, In Flames and DragonForce... also props for listening to some Tyr man... awesome viking metal! I'd say 8.5 or 9/10 (also for having pop like BB and Westlife =) ) with my fav being BR

As a metal fan.... I'd recommend Amon Amarth... a band from Sweden who play in-your-face epic metal about warriors and battles! I'm gonna see them at WOA this year and I'm so hyped...

• Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2006, 2h03m
    Man oh man. I thin your selection is quite varied well off. Well rounded, definitally. With bands like Interpol, Killers, and thats Napalm Death. Woo. I like. I'd give you in the 8-9/10 range as well. You seem to know variety and listen to what ya like. My fav. besides Bad Religion would have to be DragonForce. I love Power Metal, just haven't been in a Power mood lately. Heh.

Frenzal Rhomb is Hardcore Aulstralian Punk Band and is quite good in my opinion, for other choices (Grindcore/Metalcore) I'd suggest Silent Civilian and if you fancy german pop- Silbermond.

Check 'em out, Im off to check out Amon Amarth now. =D

• schtef a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2006, 3h53m
    Wow, much hardcore/metal/punk. Not really my scene I give it a 7/10 (as even though it's not in your charts, I read your journals and admire the range and attitude you've got towards music, kudos!)

See I'd recommend Frenzal Rhomb to you! Damn you knowing my fave punk band! 2 of the band members also have a breakfast radio show on Triple J, Australia's Alternative Youth Radio Nework that can be streamed online. Check it out, they're funny blokes :) If you want old rock try out Wolfmother - Very Black Sabbath... Or The Hives who are my other fave punk band (ok, they're a pretty loose punk classification but they've got clever lyrics and are lots of fun]

My fave band in your top 50 would definately be Jimi Hendrix, closely followed by Frenzal :)

I like food more than I like boys.
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 fév. 2006, 4h32m
    A bit lighter for my tastes at this given moment, but I definitally respect your music. Especially Cake, tis a good one that peice is. Mmm.... Cake. Anyway the only one I really don't enjoy that I know on there is probally...Audioslave or Radiohead. But meh, you like what ya like and no one should criticize you for that. I'll give you a good 7/10 because I'm not into much of your music but Im sure its pretty good. The oldies obviousily I've heard. XD

By your tastes and by me assuming you wouldn't mind new things. Oh, yeah- Cake is my favorite on that list. I'd suggest Celtic Punker's Dropkick Murphys, or Celtic Punkers Flogging Molly a bit lighter than the Murphys though. You may also enjoy bands I aforementioned to others, and maybe even Alt. Rocker's Emery.

G'luck with that!

• you've got loads of great bands on your list; a lot of my favorite punk bands are represented. there's also plenty of variety (backstreet boys, haha). it's funny you should recommend bad religion for me, since i've seen them twice and they were my favorite band for ages, though i don't listen to them so much anymore. i suppose that just proves your astuteness. in any case, my favorite off your list is probably nofx, although the dropkick murphys are excellent as well.

you've probably listened to Pennywise before, but if not, i'm sure you'd like them, they sound a bit like bad religion. otherwise, i'd say maybe the Lawrence Arms. they're fast, enjoyable punk rock with excellent, slightly angsty lyrics, good to listen to in pretty much any mood.

• Utilisateur
    • 11 fév. 2006, 13h10m
    im going to give youuuuuuuuuu
    6/10

BECAUSE
    there are some things in there
    that i fucking HATE.
    but you clearly have a broad taste because well...theres lots of different things...plenty of bands i nod at and all that.
    AND
    i like all your anti flag shit you got in there
    nice.
    are you tom hat boy by any chance?

i guess my favourite in your list would be the clash
    id reccommend clor to you
    because you remind me of tom
    he really likes clor now.
    so GO forth...

• 6ho5t a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2006, 11h39m
    audioslave or kings of leon

nice, nice. Nearly everything there I recognise, I like. The rest I pretty much haven't heard of.
    8/10

Favourite band by far would have to be Queens of the Stone Age out of your top 50.

recommendations:
    Audioslave
    Kings of Leon
    Nirvana
    you have similar tastes to me and those are three artists that there is a fair chance you will like.
    if you check out my profile, you will probably find quite a few bands you like.

• Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2006, 15h19m
    MAAAN 8/10 at least.
    nice to see ray charles slipped in there.
    and love!
    nice!
    perhaps my favourite in there...Sonic Youth.

um,
    i reccomment patrick wolf
    and paris motel.

ps....
    i already am HUGE kings of leon fan.
    and of course nirvana (most people are)
    just, i have them on cd.
    i have hardly any of my cds on my computer.
    i got space issues...

• Ugh yeah I can toally sympathize with the storage issues.
    Getting an external harddrive is recommended.

But anyway, I'd give you 7/10 as it's not all to my taste, but still a very good choice of artists going on.

I'd say my favourite in your top 50 is either Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine or The Distillers.

Recommended:
    Possibly Incubus and maybe (very big maybe) some John Frusciante.

• Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2006, 22h54m
    DONT RATE ME AGAIN

just had to say

no mate john frusciante is brilliant.
    ive only got To Record Only Water....
    i bought it when i was deep deep in my Chili Pepper obsession.
    i think he's wonderful.
    got a lot to offer as a solo artist, didnt he release about 6 albums in one year?!
    and plus i like how he almost..rapes his guitar

• Utilisateur
    • 19 fév. 2006, 22h55m
    DONT RATE ME AGAIN

just had to say

no mate john frusciante is brilliant.
    ive only got To Record Only Water....
    i bought it when i was deep deep in my Chili Pepper obsession.
    i think he's wonderful.
    got a lot to offer as a solo artist, didnt he release about 6 albums in one year?!
    and plus i like how he almost..rapes his guitar

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.