false metal albums for true metal people

• false metal albums for true metal people

what do you think of some of the following albums, music projects and such, which most true metal fans don't like (for example: because they think that these people has left their path)

i am asking, because i like most of them :-D

dio - strange highways
    dio - angry machines
    ("ah, its not dio anymore")

grip inc - all albums
    ("ah, its not slayer anymore")

megadeth - risk
    ("ah, its fucking alternative, not metal")

md45 - the craving (dave mustaine)
    ("ah, its punk not metal")

metallica - all albums after (and including) the black album
    ("ah, they are so commercial")

two - voyers (rob halford)
    ("ah, its not judas priest, only fucking alternative")

flotsam and jetsam - cuatro and the following
    ("ah, its not doomsday for the deceiver")

marilyn manson - all albums
    ("ah, its not metal")

paradise lost - host
    ("ah, its new wave")

perfect circle - all albums
    ("ah, its not tool")

red hot chili peppers - all albums after one hot minute

just a few examples...

Modifié par jonas_jonas le 2 avr. 2005, 14h45m
    • a8o a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 avr. 2005, 11h40m
    justice for all is the best metallica album and some fans say it is not tr00 metal.

• A few thoughts on some of these:

dio - strange highways
    dio - angry machines
    ("ah, its not dio anymore")
    Who else could be Dio?

grip inc - all albums
    ("ah, its not slayer anymore")
    Why should they be anything like Slayer? Having personnel from another band shouldn't mean you sound similar. Grip Inc were a decent enough outfit.

megadeth - risk
    ("ah, its fucking alternative, not metal")
    More to do with Megadeth running out of ideas than anything else.

md45 - the craving (dave mustaine)
    ("ah, its punk not metal")
    Wasn't this supposed to be a punk flavoured record rather than metal? Of course, I've only heard the original with Lee Ving on vocals though.

metallica - all albums after (and including) the black album
    St Anger wasn't in the least bit commercial though, it would alienate so many fans and not draw in many new ones.
    All the albums have had their moments, but the band do seem rather too self indulgent nowadays.

two - voyers (rob halford)
    ("ah, its not judas priest, only fucking alternative")
    Rob, you're guilty of jumping on the Manson/NIN bandwagon for sure.

marilyn manson - all albums
    ("ah, its not metal")
    True, but again, they've done some decent songs in there.

paradise lost - host
    ("ah, its new wave")
    No, it's Depeche Mode. Actually, I'd say the problem with this album is the weaker songs rather than the style they're performed in.

red hot chili peppers - all albums after one hot minute
    Probably guilty there, but they do some good rock stuff and you can't expect them to be as silly/drugged out/freaky as they were 15 years ago now they're in their 40s.

• Kreator's Renewal is a totally underrated album in my opinion, I also like "South Of Heaven" more than any other Slayer record. I also think Anthrax improved a lot with John Bush instead of the monkey Belladonna.
    other examples...
    Tiamat's "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber"
    C.O.C. - ALL post-Technocracy ("groovier" stuff and forgettin' the HC/Punk/Crust)

and most of all

U L V E R

pd true metal fans sucK ass bigtime

• Richaod a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 juin 2005, 22h53m
    Anathema from Judgement onwards?

Although doom metal isn't really a tr00 metal-type genre though.

Modifié par Richaod le 13 juin 2005, 22h55m
  • Re:

Quoth Augusto_Palma:
    I also think Anthrax improved a lot with John Bush instead of the monkey Belladonna.
    [...]
    C.O.C. - ALL post-Technocracy ("groovier" stuff and forgettin' the HC/Punk/Crust)

yep.

and i think, i have to try ULVER, if you say so.

• mc666 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 15 juin 2005, 7h50m
    1. Dio will always be Dio so long as Ronnie is alive.
    2. Grip Inc isn't Slayer, but the combo of Waldemar & Dave makes them powerful in thier own right.
    3. there were only 2 Megadeth albums i liked, Peace Sells... & Rust In Peace (one of the greatest metal albums of all time)
    4. md45 was alright. i didn't care for Lees vocals though. i always though Dave had a better punk voice than metal. nice n snotty.
    5. i find nothing memorable about Load & Reload. but St Anger & the black album were ok.
    6. Voyuers was an awesome industrial album. but it was a waste of that incredible voice.
    7. as much as i enjoyed the innocence of early Flotsam, i thought Cuatro was where they really started to mature. it's my fave of thiers to date.
    8. Marilyn Manson is an Alice Cooper rip off. only souped up to shock the new generation
    9. the new Paradise Lost is great, but until that came out, the last good release they had was Draconian Times
    10. never liked RHCP. never cared for funk. at least, no more than found on a Suicidal Tendencies album.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc429/montmn/Ricci__Moan---011.gif
    Modifié par mc666 le 15 juin 2005, 7h51m
    • mc666 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 15 juin 2005, 8h03m

Re:

Quoth Augusto_Palma:
    I also think Anthrax improved a lot with John Bush instead of the monkey Belladonna.

all they did was drop the thrash element from thier music so they could easily be confused with any Roadrunner band. i'll admit that John sounded better with Anthrax than shitty Armoured Saint.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc429/montmn/Ricci__Moan---011.gif
    • sharde a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 jan. 2006, 8h51m
    "perfect circle - all albums
    ("ah, its not tool")"

Most of my friends are true metallers, and they won't even accept Tool as metal (then again neither does Tool's guitarist, but thats another arguement) so APC never really stood a chance.

What amused me the most was how all the power metal fans fled from the Nightwish camp the moment Once got picked up by kerrang, claiming they had sold out just because they got more exposure.

Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental
    • mat35 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 mars 2006, 23h52m

Re:

Quoth Augusto_Palma:
    I also like "South Of Heaven" more than any other Slayer record.

Me too! It's underrated for a band that is generally overrated!

*Gasps* No matter what the last two In Flames albums are the wrost and they must go backto the style of the yesteryears.

I was choking on a cornflake.
    You said have some toast instead.
    • pablicic a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 avr. 2006, 23h17m
    Oh, I think I'm going to feel very comfortable in this group :-)

Yes, I think renewal is the best Kreator album, and I love the latest Paradise Lost....

• mraleeex a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 avr. 2006, 3h19m

Re:

Quoth sharde:
    "perfect circle - all albums
    ("ah, its not tool")"

Most of my friends are true metallers, and they won't even accept Tool as metal (then again neither does Tool's guitarist, but thats another arguement) so APC never really stood a chance.

tool are mellow (or as one might say "stoner") metal...same as with kyuss and such...but yeah you're right i couldn't even class apc myself :p but yes you're right tool do barely scrape into the "metal" catogry...bah i need weed i am getting serious

• sataf a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 juin 2006, 19h13m
    All I have to say is The System Has Failed made up for anything that went wrong with Risk. Megadeth's still rockin'.

• wmterhaar a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 oct. 2006, 18h49m
    - What gets me most flak from true metallers is saying I like both The Haunted and Disfear better than At The Gates and that they should've split up way earlier.

• pablicic said:
    Oh, I think I'm going to feel very comfortable in this group :-)

Yes, I think renewal is the best Kreator album, and I love the latest Paradise Lost....

Yeah same here.

Renewal is definitely their best album imo.

• wmterhaar said:
    - What gets me most flak from true metallers is saying I like both The Haunted and Disfear better than At The Gates and that they should've split up way earlier.

haha, try mentioning Bullet For My Valentine sometime.

I did that at Metal-Archives one time last year just asking if anyone else liked them, but anyway I got replies ranging from - 'they're gay', or 'I haven't heard them but they look emo', to 'they're name sounds emo', and other things along those lines. Yeah, we were actually discussing 'music' there ;) Do they even realize the hypocrisy of the whole image thing??

• jonas_jonas said:
    what do you think of some of the following albums, music projects and such, which most true metal fans don't like (for example: because they think that these people has left their path)

i am asking, because i like most of them :-D

(snip)

just a few examples...

don't forget the genres too...

metalcore:
    when asked "Why do people hate Metalcore"...

"...the fans are mostly douchebags."

"it's emo, and is concerned with fashion and female hair styles and clothing"

"The fans and the bandmembers are total douchebags too."

"oh and lets not forget the band names with more then three words in them"

"Dressing like emocore, playing At the Gates covers and encouraging your fans to do the same does not constitute playing groundbreaking, original or quality metal."

"...their names are terrible. 90% of metalcore band names attempt to be "deep" by referring to either love, tragedy or a combo of the two."

"To an extent it is the people who listen to it but they also listen to Iron Maiden, early Metallica, Anthrax etc and I'm not going to stop listening to those bands because of a couple of trendies."

"The fans are posers in disguise who will in five-ten years think of "That whole METHUL phase when I was a kid lol". Fuck off."

"Most every band plays in drop D or C, and use the low string as a crutch, which engenders total monotony and limitation to a few "styles" of riffing.
    And then there are all the metalcore fans who think they're metalheads...fucking gay..."

yeah easy to forget, they are actually talking about "music" there ;)

quotes from here:
    "Why people hate Metalcore"
    http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21902

• mbatterham a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 jan. 2007, 4h16m
    Richaod said:
    Anathema from Judgement onwards?

Although doom metal isn't really a tr00 metal-type genre though.

Sabbath were pretty doom in some songs (Electric Funeral for example) and they invented metal.

This space for sale
    • sataf a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 jan. 2007, 4h51m
    Doom metal seems to me to be a subgenre that is still stretching its boundaries. However, there are still plenty of funeral doom elitists around.

• System of a down:All albums after Toxicity
    ("oh, they sold out after the Toxicity album")

Slipknot:All
    ("oh, they are talentless and my trueness can't stand them")

• LeaTelamon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 mai 2007, 22h48m
    mc666 said:

8. Marilyn Manson is an Alice Cooper rip off. only souped up to shock the new generation

I don't fully agree with you. I like Manson's music a lot and I personally would say that Manson uses the horror factor to gain attention yes, but more often so people will see the message he is trying to show with his music. Sadly enough, this passes by most people since all they can see is the "horror", not what he is actually trying to say. But he also said himself that he loves to chock "normal people" so I guess he has himself to blame a bit...

EDIT
    And speaking about metalcore. I respect the genre itself, at least they got real musicians and they do (I suppose) all their music by themselves and they play their instruments by themselves compared to many pop artists today that just have to stand in front of the mick and deliver a song they never raised a single finger in order to create.

The thing I don't like with metalcore bands are their brakdown-whinyness. There is something about all metalcore singers that makes me cringe as soon the whining starts with the exception (as I still know of) Killswitch Engage's Rose of Sharyn that for once got a decent breakdown.

• Khymen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jui. 2007, 23h41m
    I can only SEE Alice Cooper in MM. The music is very much NIN influenced Industrial rock. MM has some very good songs btw.

About Metalcore, it's death metal with short hair, a vegan/straightedge mentality, at the gates riffs and melodies with a hardcore singer. It's cool but I just don't like the attitude, it's very much the attitude that true metal fans have towards "none" metal bands, ehm full circle here? Metal core = true metal?

Oh yeah, I hate crappy metal bands, so why are there so much of them?

I'm currently listening to The Murder City Devils, very good and moody Rock 'n' Roll, you might wanna check them out. Cheers and Roll on.

Heavy Metal Is The Law, Buurman.
    • Khymen a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jui. 2007, 23h42m
    Oh yeah, STAY METUHL!!!!!!!!!

Heavy Metal Is The Law, Buurman.
    • KMFCM a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 mai 2008, 17h01m
    metalcore, at least the most publicized kind, is the new glam metal. . complete with power ballads (Killswitch, Bleeding Through)

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
    • stevib2 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 jan. 2009, 15h58m
    Korn / Untouchables- Korn

"ah, its NU METAL FAGS DOIN FAG MUSIC L:SALK"J:|SAFKJ:"

This phrase was the main reason I got back into Korn after attempting a tr00 metal phase. Almost all troo metallers will drop that F word to describe korn. A track on this album is called Faget. The anecdote on that song I apply to my life to the extent that my children will be ridiculed someday maybe for their own sexuality, or something they do, so heres to you then : mock me all you want for my korn habits , but make my kid cry and Ill fucking crush you with your own hypocritical words. To identify weakness in someone and assist conquering it or living with it, or exclaiming HUH FAGET and walking off or being abusive...doesn't rock with me even if its as a joke as comes to my next point :

The fact that Korn can exhibit a heavy riff by jamming it a few times rather than over pissing it with solos. Blind had alot of lead guitars threw out from the demo and it benefits. The intro is also a great example of progression, rather than goring out with blast beats, downpicked 6 stringpissing and solos from the out, the guitar exchanges and the hi hat match, before getting a little heavier before blowing up into the main groove. Also, Here to stay : notice if you put a solo over the top of that explosive riff at the beginning, itd just take away from the BOOM BOOM DUGGA DUGGA DUGGA DUN to say "look at me this is raw with my noodling this is me and my band exhibiting talent because I dont believe in my riff". If it works, by all means, do it, of course anyone disagrees with bad solo placement....but I always think BOY a solo would suck with the here to stay riff. Solo = good...just dont do it pointlessly.

Korn is easy to play? Well maybe, but come to think of it so is alot of other stuff that people worship. Bob Dylan, Beatles, this and that. Point ignored.

Final point = I dance my chick on a friday night to Korn. Fuck off.

Fear Factory
    "NU METAL WTFingF"

mad b string trem riffs on the charts. Whats wrong with that? Jesus.

I got the six, gimme yo nine.
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.