How did you become a fan?

• How did you become a fan?

Admirers of The King, how did you become what you are?

I for one first heard Elvis when I was 11 years old and saw the movie Roustabout on television.
    Roustabout is an horrendously lousy movie but I was mesmerized by Elvis' singing. The songs are some of his weakest ones, I grant, but even in Poison Ivy League you can surmise his greatness. Subsequently I bought my first CD ("Elvis Gold", a best of).

What about you?

[center]
    • hettnatt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 août 2007, 12h04m

Modifié par hettnatt le 20 mai 2013, 21h40m
  • Because of my mummy she always be crazy about Elvis and since i was a little child, about my 9 she's out my in front off TV to see his movies.

See the sky, the burning rain
    She will die and live again
    Tonight....
    • manduh a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 sept. 2007, 5h12m
    My mom actually has the same birthday as Elvis, so that being the bases I got really interested in the Elvis-mania around January of last year. I never got into him before, but I decided to open up my musical interests a bit when I started listening to Mr. Cash. I think of all the musicians I've ever favored, Elvis is right up there in the top 5 in the list of music I could listen to endlessly without growing tired.

• sandrajoy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 sept. 2007, 23h11m

I didn´t know that the actor was a famous singer named Elvis Presley

I was watching a film on TV (that I got in the middle) with no idea of the star´s name. But I loved his voice and searched for his name without success at those 1976 days when I was 14. One month later I could watch him again on TV and realized his name was Elvis Presley, then I ran to the store and order a record. Since that day I am fond of him. Unfortunatly, 3 months later he died.. but he still remains alive and part of my lovely teenage dreams.
    Sandra in Brazil

• becca153 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 oct. 2007, 14h16m
    The first time I heard his voice (I was about 12). I was amazed at what he was capable of doing with his voice. It's rare for one person to be able to sing such different genres of music, and do it convincingly.

• I can't remember quite clearly how or when it was, I can say it took me some time, but one thing I can tell you for sure is: sooner or later, Elvis ends up reaching you

• davidn87 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 déc. 2007, 20h01m
    Via my dad's obsession.

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. (Jeremiah 29:11 AMP)
  • i heard his song "all shook up" in tim burton's 2003 movie 'big fish' starring ewan mcgregor. i had heard of elvis before and probably even heard a couple of snippets of his songs in the past, but that day i was truly mesmerized by his voice! and i love it still. not a lot of musicians these days can conjure a sexy voice like that and be able to tune it so well to a song.

leaving on a jet plane.
  • My father and mather always says about Elvis .
    I love him.My obsession.!

• sound_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jan. 2008, 14h25m
    I love Elvis just like my Mom. She buy all vinyls ;-)

• loulou311 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 fév. 2008, 13h19m
    My uncle had a lot of old records and i used to sneak in and play them, fell in love with Elvis!

• bobe_pacov a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 31 mars 2008, 10h09m
    I have worked on a video clip for my school some 5 years ago, and was looking a song for the end of video, accidentally i found "It`s now or never" in my mp3s, my reaction was: "OMG what a singer", in next few weeks I got some Elvis CD, and that`s pretty much it

Qué Foro?! no signature
    • Tojp a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 juin 2008, 18h54m
    I saw a program at TV, in the program there was a guy who loved Elvis. He played and singed lots of songs that Elvis had done and I really liked the songs and wantet to hear the original verisons. (Me and my friens sang and pleyed the songs together as well)
    My dad has got a "million" records whit Elvis and I started listen to them. When I relised Elvis is the King of the music world, I sarted to download his music to my computer. (Still, me and my friends meet to play and sing togehter!)

Vart du än går, strö lite solsken i dina spår. C:
    • Jyroflux a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 jui. 2008, 0h12m
    I guess it was from watching his movies on TV mostly. Plus they played Elvis a lot on the radio when I was growing up. Back home in Texas, when he came to play in Dallas in the 1970's is was a major, major event.
    The first Elvis record I bought was the In The Ghetto 45.

• Hardwin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 août 2008, 23h00m
    I had never really heard of Elvis, until I heard the Junkie XL remix of A little less conversation. I totally loved that song and I downloaded the album Elvis 30 #1 hits and since then I totally love Elvis :)

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 sept. 2008, 19h13m
    The first time i heard Elvis is when i was 3 years old on my mum's old mono record player and she said i always wanted to listen to him since, so its been a long long time, love him to bits. xxx

• fever3577 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 nov. 2008, 16h44m
    I thought that "Only you" was HIS song and asked my brother to buy the CD with this song for me. He bought it but there was no "Only you'...
    There was Elvis...
    Now I'm HIS fan...forever..

• Nesanica a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 fév. 2009, 4h58m
    marcelofloyd said:
    I can't remember quite clearly how or when it was, I can say it took me some time, but one thing I can tell you for sure is: sooner or later, Elvis ends up reaching you

that's sooo true!!!

• Utilisateur
    • 26 avr. 2009, 11h40m
    Well, I became Elvis`s fan about the year ago............I always heared from my mum this wounderful name!!!!:)And then..........I decided to know something about Elvis Presley, especially about his byography..So, I was presented the book wich called "The last train to Memphis " (the author is Piter GuralnicK)...It`s Elvis`s byography....And then I read this book. I was reaaly amazed!!!!Than I bought some CD`s ....Elvis is perfect singer, unreal man, great father and wonderful husband!!!!!
    I love Elvis Presley SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=))))

Modifié par un utilisateur supprimé le 7 mai 2009, 15h23m
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 mai 2009, 23h24m
    More than a few years ago, thanks to the Elvisnumberones album. I was fascinated by "In the Ghetto", so beautiful.

• Roomy_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 mai 2009, 18h32m
    I have no idea, I've always loved the early Rock 'n Roll age.. And somehow I heard some Elvis songs, and I liked them right away. Ofcourse! ;D.

• Utilisateur
    • 23 mai 2009, 17h21m
    I bought his "The Essental Elvis Presley " CD just to taste his music and that was IT! I started to hunt for his CD's from 70's (my fav Elvis era) and I become to love that stuff more and more :-)

• sussilo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 juin 2009, 11h09m
    I heard Elvis for the first time when I was 8. It was when I came home to my father who was a big fan out of him. He always played Elvis and sang the whole time. Actually really good.
    It was when my dad died in 1997 that I seriously started listening to Elvis and understand how damn good he is / was.

• I´m a fan since 1975, and I´ll be all times of my life. He´s everything for me, a very special and important part of my life.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.