Your Favourite Liz Collaboration

• mmmender a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 déc. 2007, 20h34m

Your Favourite Liz Collaboration

What's your favourite collaboration that Liz worked on?

• sraets a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 28 déc. 2007, 22h47m
    For me, it's the track "Teardrop" on Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" album. At the time I bought the album, I wasn't even aware she sang on it... almost fell out of my chair from the surprise!

• mmmender a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 déc. 2007, 7h58m
    sraets said:
    For me, it's the track "Teardrop" on Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" album. At the time I bought the album, I wasn't even aware she sang on it... almost fell out of my chair from the surprise!
    The thing about "Teardrop" is that there are so many different versions circulating around the internet now...all these different live versions and remixes...I still prefer the original over all of them.

While "Teardrop" is one of my fave collaborative pieces she did I still have a great fondness for the obvious TMC piece "Song To The Siren", but I also adore "This Love" - the song she did with Craig Armstrong.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 déc. 2007, 15h11m

Primitive Painters

The Felt song "Primitive Painters". She just does backing vocals on it and still manages to completely steal the song.

Modifié par un utilisateur supprimé le 31 déc. 2007, 17h22m
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 déc. 2007, 19h50m
    Oh wow, that brings back memories. I have that Felt EP on vinyl, haven't heard it in more than a decade because I don't have a record player anymore.

• dimsumyum a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 déc. 2007, 16h20m
    My favorite collaboration was The Moon and the Melodies. I understood this was not a favorite amongst many Cocteau fans but I find myself listening to it much more often. Harold Budd's sound just flows with Elisabeth's Angelic voice. Their music results in a beautifully tranquil experience that I truly enjoy. This music also showcases saxophonist Richard Thomas of Dif Juz. This style of music is just one path The Cocteau Twins decided to venture down and I am so thankful they did!

• Utilisateur
    • 31 déc. 2007, 12h48m

And 'Another Day'

If we're counting TMC stuff as collaborations, am I the only person who prefers 'Another Day' to 'Song to the Siren'? It slays me every time. If you dig up the Roy Harper original, it's nothing really; just a sketch. The TMC version turns it into something the original can only hint at.

• Utilisateur
    • 28 jan. 2008, 4h37m
    I just read somewhere she recorded a duet with Jeff Buckley... Anyone know where I might find that track? I haven't been able to track it down.

• Utilisateur
    • 29 jan. 2008, 22h37m

Duet with Jeff Buckley

• Jawed a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 fév. 2008, 23h44m

Primitive Painters

Big sigh: I've got the EP but no recording of it that I can listen to now :( The video was a nice reminder.

• Kala

Kala, with Yann tiersen. I just couldn't believe it when I heard her voice again, in something new. My heart was beating so fast. <3

• lumolove a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 mars 2008, 9h07m

My favourite Song forever is "Song to the Siren" by THIS MORTAL COIL-i would die for this.This is forever in my head and in my heart.Its so emotional and amaaaaaaaaaazing!!!

song to the siren...by TMC

Leben und leben lassen...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 mars 2008, 1h51m

primitive painters

her voice is strongest in this song, than any other collaboration. I still have my original vinyl 12" from 1984.

• camillo_89 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 mai 2008, 11h00m
    Definitely This Love song by Craig Armstrong from Cruel Intentions soundtrack. Isengard Unleashed track from LOTR The Two Towers score is also amazing.

them's the breaks
    • iduncan a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 oct. 2008, 21h31m

Take me with you

"The Winter Guest" is a film by Alan Rickman, 1997. Liz sings beautifully, as usual I should say.

• x35JOW337 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2009, 14h45m
    It has to be All Flowers In Time Bend Towards the Sun with Jeff Buckley. Their voices complement one another perfectly. At the end the intensity gets to her and you can hear her say 'Oh God!' and giggle. Rumour has it they were an item for a while and I can't think of a more perfect couple

• SoRuthless a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 jui. 2009, 19h37m
    i loved the collab Ian McCulloch did with Elizabeth! so beautiful!

Hello, Stranger.
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 sept. 2009, 13h56m
    I love 'Lifeforms'. There is some truly beautiful singing on that, and in a context that was quite different from the Cocteau Twins.

• Utilisateur
    • 6 déc. 2009, 20h02m

• I'd have to say I did really like "All Flowers Bend Towards the Sun" with Jeff Buckley

• gurallo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 jui. 2010, 17h54m
    My favourite colaborations is:
    Another Day TMC
    Lifeforms with FSOL
    Downside Up with Peter Gabriel

,,Buildings ate trees, trees ate bees and bees ate sneezes. That's the circle of life"
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.