[Review] Lord Mantis - Pervertor

• KMFCM a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 avr. 2012, 0h26m

[Review] Lord Mantis - Pervertor

Lord Mantis - Pervertor
    This is really different. The first album was pretty raw, didn't have guitar leads, sounded more violent. Now usually i complain about this, but not here really. This album is good in it's own right. It's weird to think there have been no line-up changes at all. It's the same band. They've had a major production upgrade. I'm assuming Sanford Parker did it because it sounds like Indian's album from last year. In fact, the vocals sound like Indian (they don't have Indian's singer but they have their drummer). I really don't rememeber them having guitar leads before, they just smashed shit (and you know how much i love that. .I LOVE that), but dammit the leads sound good. "vile divinity" has a little bit of a "remission" era Mastodon thing going. "ritual killer"(which slams like the old album) and "at the mouth" get into Meshuggah kind of grooves in parts. . .the latter also having more black metal in it than the first album did. Yeah, when I first heard about this band I was told it was a mix of sludge and black metal. . .but there was WAAAAYYYY more sludge. I think there's more black metal in this album in general and that black metal is similar to Leviathan. This is everything True Traitor True Whore could have been. I wasn't so sure about it on first listen, but by the 3rd this was kicking my ass. Not the same way "spawning..." did, but it slays just the same. I will go as far as to say it is equally as good.
    9/10

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
  • I really love this band. how they mix black metal and sludge with all that filthy noise is really really well done! and to finish it off those SICK vocals..damn! and on Pervertor they are even sicker than on Spawning.. great band!

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.