Group's radio not playing

• Group's radio not playing

I've been trying to add some extra radios to banshee (e.g. radio of group 'Progressive Rock'). Banshee obtained song list from last.fm, but was totally unable to play any of them, such like it couldn't fetch the stream. Neighbour's and Recommendations are working fine for me. What's wrong? Is it impossible to play other radios than default ones?

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 fév. 2009, 23h11m

Same here.

I'm glad you posted that.

I've spent the last 2 hours looking for a fix.
    I thought it was Banshee, but then Rhythmbox was having trouble too.

At least it isn't my fault this time:P

• Iconoclasy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 fév. 2009, 22h51m

Ditto but worse

I'm getting it for all last.fm radio stations. The problem started around 24hrs ago (worked fine the day / moment before, no system changes that I noticed), possibly last.fm has changed their radio slightly which now breaks banshee?

• I've noticed that sometimes it plays one particular song from a list and then stops playing anything - even Neighbours' or Recommended doesn't work... Does anyone know when are they going to launch new version of Banshee? Maybe it's necessary to send some feedback...
    PS. Rythmbox works fine until switching to the next song, then it behaves similar to Banshee...
    EDIT: Now everything seems to be work fine!

• Changes in the streaming protocol? Had this problem, too...

Changes in the streaming protocol? Had this problem, too...

...but now last.fm playlists work again in banshee 1.4.2 (...permanently ?).

Only it is not a real playlist - I have to click on the next title myself (my/user fault? ).

It seems to me that last.fm had (about a day ago) changed something in their streaming protocol and changed it back again since a few hours ago.

see there for more information:

For banshee:
    Bug 573297 – Last.FM Radio Stations fail to play tracks.
    http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=573297

For rhythmbox and more about the protocol change:
    Gnome Bug 573302
    Bug 573302 – lastfm protocol changed: set version to 1.5 when requesting
    playlists.
    2009-02-26 19:07 UTC
    http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=573302

greetings pistazientiger

• Utilisateur
    • 28 fév. 2009, 13h34m

So it works? Brilliant

I'll set it myself when I get back to my computer.

Btw, the first bug report you posted was submitted by me:)

• Utilisateur
    • 28 fév. 2009, 14h15m

Confirmed.

I can confirm that it is working now.

Last.FM must have changed something, because I haven't updated my system for a few days. That reminds me, I had better go and update my system:)

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.