Can't edit proxy settings

• Can't edit proxy settings

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my account to the desktop app, but I it can't access the internet due to a proxy being needed.
    Is there a way to edit the proxy settings for the app?

Thanks!

• StudleyUK a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 18 avr. 2012, 14h30m

Bump

I'd like to know this too. My stupid office VPN makes me connect through a stupid proxy, and the Tools > Options > Advanced > Proxy section is disabled.

Is there any way to get this working - or, for example, any chance that it's reading from a registry key / textfile which I could manually edit?

• eartle a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 18 avr. 2012, 14h52m
    Currently it should be using your system's proxy settings. On Windows I think you can find them in Internet Explorer's settings. On Mac it's in Network in your System Preferences. If that's not working, it's a bug.

The proxy settings for the app are so you can set a different proxy in the app from the one you use elsewhere. The proxy setting is disabled in the app because it hasn't been implemented yet.

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    • StudleyUK a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 18 avr. 2012, 15h37m
    eartle said:
    Currently it should be using your system's proxy settings. On Windows I think you can find them in Internet Explorer's settings. [...] If that's not working, it's a bug.
    Yes I know the setting you mean, it's in the Connections tab of Internet Explorer's options - if I don't tick this then plenty of stuff is broken when I'm on my office VPN (including Chrome and Spotify).

However, even with this ticked and restarting the Last.fm app, it doesn't seem to punch through. It completely fails to connect - my username is listed as "StudleyUK (Offline)" in the footer.

The logs look rather sparse (uploaded here), though one line looks interesting:

unicorn::Session::onUserGotInfo() error getting user info: "Host not found"

Our VPN is a nightmare and I wouldn't rule it out from being our fault, but if you could give it the once-over to see whether there might be a bug here, it'd definitely be worthwhile.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.