Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.15

• eartle a dit :...
    • Alumni
    • 29 fév. 2012, 10h15m

Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.15

Hi Beta Testers

It's been two weeks since Valentine's Day (when we first told you about the desktop app beta) and we've been working hard: listening to your feedback, and fixing the bugs you've found.

Yesterday afternoon we released an update (2.1.15) that should fix a few of the problems you've had. You can get it by checking for updates in the app (Tools > Check for updates) or downloading it again from the links in this group's description.

Here's a summary of what has changed:

Features
    • Radio controls are now in the sys tray too
    • Buy links now in the scrobble list view
    • There's now a diagnostics dialog - only one tab with the ability to force a check for iPod scrobbles and see the log so far

Bug fixes
    • Dialogs, like preferences, are now brought to the front if reopened
    • Many copy changes around the app
    • Doesn't erroneously display two now playing tracks anymore
    • iPod scrobbles are submitted immediately instead of just cached
    • Doesn't fetch track info as much
    • The loved state of the current track is now reliable
    • [Win] iPod scrobbling should now work
    • [Win] 'Close' and 'Apply' buttons now work correctly in the settings
    • [Mac] Don't ask where Spotify is, if it isn't installed
    • [Mac] Extra dock icons no longer appear

Thanks and keep the feedback coming!

Was the Last.fm Client Team - @eartle
    See also:
    Mobbler: the Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for Nokia/Symbian.
    Setlist Scrobbler: scrobble the Setlist.fm setlists for your Last.fm attended events.
    Modifié par Knapster01 le 29 fév. 2012, 11h29m
  • It remembers whether I've already loved a track or not! Yay!

It's stopped scrobbling from my iPod though. Even if I change the folder back to spldrivers.

• Sorry it does work! Just takes a long time.

• grafnico a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 fév. 2012, 16h16m
    I am at work right now, therefore I couldn't try it out on my Mac yet, but on Windows (XP32, SP3, non-admin user (though I can get admin privileges if I want)) it doesn't scrobble anything from iTunes :(

• wildcelt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 fév. 2012, 19h07m

UI Oddity

I ran across a strange problem using the most recent beta (see the image). I just finished playing the Bison B.C. track and started the Black Tusk track.

I was listening from my iTunes library. Restarting iTunes and the Scrobbler fixed the issue.

Modifié par wildcelt le 29 fév. 2012, 21h00m
    • maledict7 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 fév. 2012, 19h51m

Windows 8 Music app support

Does it work with native Windows 8 Music player? I don't mean new WMP in desktop, but the Music app in Metro. If not, would you please consider supporting it? Thanks. :)

Modifié par maledict7 le 29 fév. 2012, 19h51m
    • ahvip2rdik a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 fév. 2012, 19h51m
    Pretty much the same as wildcelt, but on OSX 10.7.3 - Mid 2009 Macbook Pro 13'

The 'Now Playing' tab slow to a crawl, taking a LONG time to display info and when the song changes changing the info with the graphics drawing issue as well. Relaunching doesn't help.

• Alicelove a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 mars 2012, 0h34m
    grafnico said:
    I am at work right now, therefore I couldn't try it out on my Mac yet, but on Windows (XP32, SP3, non-admin user (though I can get admin privileges if I want)) it doesn't scrobble anything from iTunes :(

Just so you know, on Windows XP32 SP3, it doesn't scrobble anything from anything just yet, including itself. Several people have mentioned it, but no word on whether it's a bug, or if SP3's just not supported for some reason. I haven't seen it addressed either way yet.

• The same of wildcat, and is a little slow when I click on it from dock (Mac Lion). Still without scrobbler tracks on repeat. Only take the first and nothing more.

• Zucni a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 mars 2012, 21h19m
    Alicelove said:
    grafnico said:

Just so you know, on Windows XP32 SP3, it doesn't scrobble anything from anything just yet, including itself. Several people have mentioned it, but no word on whether it's a bug, or if SP3's just not supported for some reason. I haven't seen it addressed either way yet.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

• thaneel25 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 mars 2012, 2h37m

language

nice job, guys :) well done! one thing that annoys me is that even the UI is set to english, the band wiki is displayed in german -.- that's creepy. care to help?

cheers

• grafnico a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 mars 2012, 18h45m

Re: Last.fm Desktop Application Beta 2.1.15

eartle said:
    • [Mac] Extra dock icons no longer appear
    What exactly is that supposed to mean? I still see an unwanted Dock icon and no preference setting to remove it. Have to resort to "defaults write …" again

ETA: Great, now even that doesn't seem to work anymore. Why on earth would I ever want a Dock icon for an app like Last.FM?!

• Oh I forgot to say, it's good that you don't have to wait to plug your iPod in until it's ready to scrobble it :)

• My ipod still isn't scrobbling.
    Would be very helpful if this problem was fixed because judging by a lot of forum posts, loads of people are still having a problem with this.

• DrBlur a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 mars 2012, 2h57m
    My iPod scrobbled until I installed this update...now it won't even detect my iPod...so aggravating!

• Siouxlex a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 mars 2012, 20h38m

scrobble problems

My iPod is still not scrobbled. Also on Friday it crashed several times for no reason. Hopefully it will be all fixed in a future release. For the record I am running Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine using iOS5 and iTunes 10.5.3.3.

• Experiencing the same UI oddity as wildcelt and abelpinate using Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Modifié par portenkirchner le 11 mars 2012, 17h44m
  • I have the same problem with the UI, although I'm using Windows 7.

• wildcelt a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 mars 2012, 19h09m
    portenkirchner said:
    Experiencing the same UI oddity as wildcat and abelpinate using Mac OS X 10.7.3.

That's wildcelt :)

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 mars 2012, 20h46m
    No problems encountered so far. Great job.

• The_Sarge a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 mars 2012, 23h51m
    Every time I plug in my iPad or let iTunes sync it, I get a "Last.fm Crash Reporter" pop-up which tries to send crash info but ALWAYS ends with "Failed to Send Crash Info".

But the program then does NOT crash. It keeps on working.

Also, my iPad AND my iPhone are invisble to the new version. There's nothing under "Devices" even after syncing and re-connecting both.

Win7 64bit No Firewall

• dfbills a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 mars 2012, 12h37m

Double display bug

I'm also frequently seeing the double display bug on 2.1.15. Mine's on OSX 10.7.3. See the attached screenshot.

-d
    • hitch24 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 mars 2012, 7h12m

Loved tracks?

Works like a charm for me, but still missing my loved tracks!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

• thaneel25 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 mars 2012, 12h03m

Language II

elo... it's me again. about that artist-wiki-thing, whenever i click the song- or artist name it always guides me straight to last.fm.de and wants me to log in, even i'm signed in at last.fm.com. sad thaneel is sad

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 mars 2012, 18h43m

Re: Language II

thaneel25 said:
    elo... it's me again. about that artist-wiki-thing, whenever i click the song- or artist name it always guides me straight to last.fm.de and wants me to log in, even i'm signed in at last.fm.com. sad thaneel is sad
    Same, I reported this behaviour here :)

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.