iTunes alternative... please don't kill me :)

• gpberlin a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 nov. 2007, 2h06m

iTunes alternative... please don't kill me :)

Hi all,

I'm an Apple fan since... a month and I'm happy I've found this group :)

I love my new iMac! My only regret is that on Windows I was an happy Foobar2000 user, that covered all my needs to organize my MP3 library.

I'm still searching an iTunes alternative: anyone out there knows a player more customizable than iTunes? I would need, at least, a player that allow to customize the MP3 tags to browse a library and create playlists using them. It seems I'm alone in the world with such needs and saying something bad about iTunes seems to be an heresy :(

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 nov. 2007, 20h29m
    I'm afraid but I think something similar to Foobar2000 doesn't exist yet for Mac OS X. There aren't many audio players for Mac OS X due to the huge competition by iTunes.

• keainanhai a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2007, 5h26m
    How about run Crossover and Foobar :)

• Semitemos a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2007, 5h43m
    Or Darwine (free) and Foobar

You can also try cog http://cogx.org/
    The major gripes I have about iTunes are that it doesn't support open formats. I have to convert my ogg and flac files to lesser formats :(

http://theappleblog.com/2006/05/19/itunes-alternates/

If you like Amarok or XMMS you can use them on Mac after you install X11 (included on the mac install disk)

• shinchilla a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 31 déc. 2007, 3h30m
    hej gpberlin =) if you want to yous tags on your iTunes music - try quicksilver. i think it has a tagfunction that work even with iTunes, i will try to find the link…

man i don't find it =P but check out quicksilver anyway, if you don't know it already. it will blow your mind and change the way you're working with your mac.
    Quicksilver official webpage

and check out the tutorials, somewhere in there has got to be the tutorial about the tags. i saw it there when i started with qs =) good luck
    Tutorilas

• Utilisateur
    • 13 fév. 2008, 12h03m
    I was thinking the same when I was a new Mac user used to Winamp, but I've learned to like some of the features, iTunes is different from every media player I had used before so I really had to learn to like it.
    I think you should try CoverSutra with iTunes, I think you'll like it, it makes it really easy to switch songs in iTunes so you never even have to show itunes.

• sqook a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 1 avr. 2008, 13h56m
    The major gripes I have about iTunes are that it doesn't support open formats. I have to convert my ogg and flac files to lesser formats :(

If that's your only problem, then why not just install a few quicktime plugins to support these formats?

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021103065300430
    http://damien.drix.free.fr/qtflac/

• egoraft a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 mars 2009, 11h59m
    Also Banshee.

• appleteas a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 mars 2009, 18h09m
    have you tried songbird?

• You may give silverjuke a try. It has 14 day trial version. It is compatible with all free formats and has good features.

• JhansonJr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2009, 1h44m

VLC

VLC is somewhat like WinAmp, and scrobbles. Songbird isn't ready on Mac yet, as it mixes up your lyrics and artwork across different songs, and has other similar problems.

• keainanhai a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 août 2009, 16h57m
    xXfalafelXx said:
    I was thinking the same when I was a new Mac user used to Winamp, but I've learned to like some of the features, iTunes is different from every media player I had used before so I really had to learn to like it.
    I think you should try CoverSutra with iTunes, I think you'll like it, it makes it really easy to switch songs in iTunes so you never even have to show itunes.

I love CoverSutra! :)

• Try using DoubleTwist

• Songbird also is good

• chieko88 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 avr. 2010, 5h58m
    Try Ecoute, working with iTunes library)

• Utilisateur
    • 18 jui. 2010, 20h32m
    I will Kiiiiiiiiill you ;)

• grgg a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 fév. 2011, 21h26m
    chieko88 said:
    Try Ecoute, working with iTunes library)

I use this sometimes, its pretty awesome.

∞∞█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
  • Spotify?

• Yea, I use Songbird and other than a little tweaking here and there it's been absolutely perfect for the past 3 months I've used it.

BLARG BLARG BLARG BLARG
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.