Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Client UPDATE: iTunes Scrobbling / Lion OS X issues.

• Maddieman a dit :...
    • Équipe Last.fm
    • 4 août 2011, 14h34m

Client UPDATE: iTunes Scrobbling / Lion OS X issues.

If you're encountering problems scrobbling, we recommend trying the new Last.fm Desktop Application here:

http://www.last.fm/group/Audioscrobbler+Beta/

Hi,

An update to the Last.fm desktop app was pushed through this morning, hopefully fixing problems reported by iTunes 10.5/Lion users.

If you haven't done so already, please update your client ("Help -> Check for updates...") or download / reinstall.

http://www.last.fm/download

Once you've updated, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

Modifié par Maddieman le 28 mars 2012, 12h23m
    • Galley99 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 16h13m
    I have had no issues, so far!
    iTunes 10.4/OS X Lion

Peace, love and Monkeemobiles,
    Galley
    • kstratis a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 16h16m
    still ain't scrobbling my iphone =(

EDIT:
    restarting my mac did the trick for me.

Modifié par kstratis le 5 août 2011, 10h26m
  • still 1.5.4 on Mac

It seems that www.last.fm/download still offers 1.5.4 (for mac) for download which is from october 2010. Also checking for updates in the app doesn't find any updates.

• DominoDub a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 17h26m
    Check the log its says 1.5.4.28012 (mac) (04/08/11)
    ----------------------------
    * Plugin fix for iTunes 10.5
    * 64bit version of the plugin for iTunes on Lion !

dmg file alsp 1.5.4.28012

Will test and report back !

• lestie1980 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 18h30m

Crashes

I've downloaded the above and when I preview a song on iTunes it crashes. The crash log states it's the audio scrobbler that did it. Mehh.

And it even happens when the scrobbler isn't open now :o(

How do I fix this??

EDIT: Deleting Last.fm app and reinstalling it has fixed this problem, it seems.

• vercetty a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 20h30m
    iTunes 10.5 ??? There is no iTunes 10.5 (yet), peeps..
    [unless we're all talking here about a Beta?]

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." — Ghandi
    • ejday a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 21h02m

No ipod/ipad scrobbling

Like many others, I returned from holiday to an iTunes update, since when no scrobbling from ipod or ipad. I have tried all the suggested solutions, including downloading new version of last.fm software and restarting everything.

I am running Itunes 10.4 (80), and OS x 10.5.8

• Matt89s a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 21h15m
    IT WORKS !

U have to uninstall old and install newest version :)

Thank You!

• Jamzar a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 21h17m
    Still crashes on previews on the itunes store but other than that it works

• sitenoise a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 21h58m

not there yet for me

iTunes 10.4 (80)
    OS X 10.6.8
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1
    Last.fm 1.5.4 28012

I deleted the old plugin and app and installed the one given above. Tried both launching iTunes first and then plugging in iPhone, and plugging in the iPhone and then launching iTunes. No scrobbles from iPhone, neither old ones nor new ones.
    Scrobbles iTunes ok, no crashes (yet).

Not sure if today's download is to help a user who isn't running Lion or some mysterious 10.5 version of iTunes ... but there ya go.

• Uninstalled the previous version of Last.FM and installed the update.

Relaunched iTunes and Last.FM I can scrobble again, but unfortunately it appears I've lost several hundred scrobbles that were on my iPod.
    Still, kudos for the quick fix to the problem.

• Hi,

I have installed the new version but it still crashes at the end of an album/playlist.
    I'm on OSX 10.7 and using iTunes 10.4 (80).

How can I fix this or help fixing it ?

Thanks

• CloudDog23 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 août 2011, 22h57m
    How does one go about deleting the plug-in?
    I uninstall the app by dragging it from the application folder to the trash, but no luck with scrobbling.

Running Lion and latest iTunes

I'm into rock, indie, alternative, british and hard rock, including:
    Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Soundgarden, Johnny Cash, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Sucioperro, Reuben, Belle and Sebastian, Metallica, Biffy Clyro, Linkin Park, Tame Impala, Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Jimmy Eat World, PlasticSole, They Might Be Giants, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Jamie Lenman, Oasis, Eddie Vedder, Van Halen, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Kiss, Paul McCartney & Wings, Brad, The Wildhearts, Rage Against the Machine, A Perfect Circle, RNDM, Miles Davis, Ginger Wildheart, Simon & Garfunkel, Baddies, Queens of the Stone Age, John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Tool, Robbie Williams, The Rolling Stones, Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori, Neil Young, CloudDog, Paul Simon, Monty Python.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/CloudDog23
    • GillanHoss a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 0h52m

yeah, well

It crashes, randomly, constantly with iTunes. Because of "AudioScrobbler plugin" I'm beginning to feel last.fm has lost touched, or just not care.

• Muggle_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 4h34m
    Other than not scrobbling my iPod, my current (apparently up to date) last.fm is working fine with my iTunes 10.4 on OS x 10.6.7..

Half of my scrobbles come from my iPod!! Please fix this problem!

• joeyandmyself said:
    Hi,

I have installed the new version but it still crashes at the end of an album/playlist.
    I'm on OSX 10.7 and using iTunes 10.4 (80).
    How can I fix this or help fixing it ?

Thanks

Same problem here. It also crashes while trying to listen to clips of songs on iTunes. Bummer.

Help would be much, much appreciated.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 6h27m

yay!

working fine for me now. thank you!

• The other fix worked perfectly for me and worked better than it ever has before, so i'm not touching this unless i get any problem!

• crashes when it gets to the end of a playlist/album on 64bit iTunes in os x lion,

• DominoDub a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 16h53m
    Working fine for me after update ....running :

OS X 10.6.8 ( with all extra pre lion updates )
    iTunes 10.4 (80)
    Last.fm 1.5.4 28012
    iPod 160GB scrobled all todays plays ok

• dave-boy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 17h28m
    Working fine here . . . . .

However, it's a stretch to expect paying customers to fanny around asking/waiting for fixes to software that should work anyway. Some pro-active management of the scrobbler (across all platforms) may pay commercial dividends to lastfm.

• NoEvilStar a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 5 août 2011, 17h51m
    The fix worked fine for me but after opening last.fm and seeing there was a Last .fm update I downloaded it and now when I open iTunes two last.fm clients appear. I've deleted everything and downloaded it again but the same happens.

I haven't scrobbled anything from my iPod but when I scrobble from iTunes songs only appear on my profile after I've listened to them and sometimes I get double scrobblings. How can I fix this?

EDIT:
    I think I've fixed it

• The update automatically appeared for me so I installed it, a couple of minutes later once my iPod was plugged in it only detected 1 play from my iPod. I guess that means it's now scrobbling but where have half of my plays from my device gone and why won't they detect when scrobbling?

Also when trying to manually scrobble through the diagnostics option, the log remains empty once 'Scrobble iPod' is pressed.

• installing the update and restarting my iMac fixed the issue.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.