Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iPod scrobbling problem (iTunes plug-in 3.0.4)

• genex a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 déc. 2010, 19h17m

3.0.4.1 manually working (Win7, iTunes 10.0.1.54)

I just downloaded 3.0.4.2 but haven't yet installed. However, with 3.0.4.1 on my Windows7 and iTunes 10.0.1.54 build if I set the Help > Diagnostics > iPod scrobbling to "I manually manage my iPod" (which I don't actually do) - then it works.

Will test out 3.0.4.2 later - gotta run out the door!

Thanks!

• iTunes plugin 3.0.4.2

Updated and tried on both my itouch and girlfriends ipod (both which didn't work previously) and scrobbled thousands of tracks for first time in ages.

Thanks guys!! :D

• ralreece a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 déc. 2010, 18h03m

Fix for MAC OS X worked - kinda

I followed the instructions for the MAC OS X fix and I got the first set of scrobbles in ages. Only issue is that it only scrobbled the songs I listened to this morning. All of the songs I listed to yesterday and earlier were missed. Any ideas on how to get the old listens back?? I only listen to my music on my iphone and would love to have my plays match my profile.

Incidentally, to get it to work I had to follow the instructions to the letter. Don't plug in ipod/iphone until the "lastfm is ready for scrobbling" message appears (that seemed to take 10 mins) and then connect my phone. The list of songs scrobbled takes 5-10 minutes to appear so you it looks like you need to keep the phone/ipod plugged in for a while before the scrobbling works. Forcing the scrobbling via the diagnostic option doesn't work for me.

Ever since I upgraded to itunes 10.1 this issue appeared for me. I'm glad its working now but it's quite fiddly to get scrobbling to work. Hope the lastfm guys work a bit more to fix this and make the process less open to error.

I definitely recommend lastfm putting something out there on the boards that is separate with some guidance - there are, like, 5-6 threads going on on this issue and this thread seems to be the only one that has some kind of solution. People are going crazy about this right now...

• cjscrisis a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 déc. 2010, 20h29m

Success!

jonocole said:
    I've got a new build for trying out - I did a bit more testing and I hope this fixes the "Last.fm is preparing iPod scrobbling" message that appears every time.

Here's the link: http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe

Same instructions as before:

jonocole said:
    if you're experiencing problems with scrobbling on windows please try:

* download http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe
    * Quit iTunes and the Last.fm client
    * run the downloaded installed program
    * restart iTunes and Last.fm

Let me know how you get on.

VICTORY!

Unlike 'Sex Panther' This works every single time!

• PokeyStix a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 13 déc. 2010, 1h57m

Fixed for Mac and possibly Windows

paddyr1990 said:
    Try this..
    1.Open ur itunes
    2.Quit the last fm scrobbler. Exit it completely.
    3.Now open ur itunes. Connect ur ipod. Sync it.
    4. Now open the last fm scrobbler again. Go to Help->Diagnostics.Select the ipod scrobbling tab. And then press the scrobble ipod button. Done. Wait for sometime.
    All tracks wil be scrobbled.

Hope ths helps. We could do this until last fm solves the bugs.

Worked for me! The scrobbler takes a while though, and you can't get back the scrobbles you lost syncs ago because of the glitch. Still, nice, quick fix.

Also used this:

jonocole said:
    I've been taking a look through the code and have a possible fix for OSX users:

* Download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/AudioScrobbler.bundle-221110.zip and double click to extract the AudioScrobbler.bundle file.
    * Quit iTunes and Last.fm
    * Delete the AudioScrobbler.bundle file found in (Your User Home)/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    * Move this AudioScrobbler.bundle to (Your User Home)/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    * Start iTunes and Last.fm

Please let me know how this goes..

Unfortunately iPod scrobbling is not an exact science, since apple do not support us in this feature in any way.

I'll try and work out what's going wrong for Windows users but I suspect there has been close to nothing changed in the last update which will effect iPod scrobbling.

Maybe it's the combination that worked :)

• Di-chy said:
    I have the same problem, too, and hope they will fix it soon.

In the meantime, you can download the installer of the older version (3.0.2) of plugin from the link below. I'm now trying it to downgrade.
    http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.2.0.exe

just scrobbled my iPod plays, thanks.

• jonocole said:
    I've got a new build for trying out - I did a bit more testing and I hope this fixes the "Last.fm is preparing iPod scrobbling" message that appears every time.

Here's the link: http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe

didn't work. Got some kind of error. See my post above, previous version worked fine.

Not sure if it worked because I restarted both iTunes and the Last.fm client, but hey, it worked.

• darkry a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 déc. 2010, 5h25m

keep the old plugin close by

I implemented this fix (itunes plugin replacement with 221110) which seemed to work for a little while, then the zero ipod scrobbles issue crept up again. I swapped the older plugin (251010) in and got my recent scrobbles (but not the ones missing from the last few days).

Mac OS X 10.6.5, iTunes 10.1.54, 60gb iPod Photo (yes, it's true).

Is there any hope for a properly stable scrobbler? What is the challenge? It's really been years of fingers-crossed angst each time I plug in my iPod... I truly wish I didn't care.

• Toothglue a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 déc. 2010, 8h27m
    I'm having issues with my scrobbler similar to the issues expressed in this thread but I don't think I've ever seen a message saying whether last.fm was ready to scrobble or how many plays it found. Might I have disabled these messages somehow? I'd like if I could see them; it'd probably help me diagnose my problem.

• QTScrobbler scrobbles tracks from your ipod with ease

http://www.last.fm/group/QTScrobbler/forum/43047/_/598317/1

• darkry a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 déc. 2010, 19h33m
    @ Escobar...

Gave QT a shot, but it can't find my iPod play counts...
    Error: Parsing failed - unable to Play Counts at /Volumes/iPod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts

Tried pointing it to various other directories but no dice.

Fwiw, LastFM isn't scrobbling my iPod again today, even after swapping the iTunes plugin.

• darkry said:
    @ Escobar...

Gave QT a shot, but it can't find my iPod play counts...
    Error: Parsing failed - unable to Play Counts at /Volumes/iPod/iPod_Control/iTunes/Play Counts

Yeah that happened to me too the first time. Make sure Itunes is not open when you plug in the ipod.Let QT find and submit all your plays first before opening up itunes.

That works for me.

• mkh515 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 déc. 2010, 13h22m
    jonocole said:

Same instructions as before:

jonocole said:
    if you're experiencing problems with scrobbling on windows please try:

* download http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe
    * Quit iTunes and the Last.fm client
    * run the downloaded installed program
    * restart iTunes and Last.fm

Let me know how you get on.

Success! iPod is now scrobbling for the first time in weeks. Thank you.

• bap175 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 déc. 2010, 16h32m
    Work perfectly with the new last iTunes Update (10.1.1.4) and iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe ;)

• Maj-Maj a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 déc. 2010, 19h27m
    Okay, it's scrobbling, but it's not picking up any recently added music to my library. Is that normal?

• Should I install latest iTunes update? I'm scared :P

• This works for me but so far only when I 'manually scrobble' in diagnostics. YAY though, I can live with this for a while. Couldn't scrobble from ipod since July

• LogainUB a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 déc. 2010, 16h36m
    Scrobbling works now but only when I do it manually. iTunes doesn't sync albums I recently added to my library though. Somebody else got this problem?

• bap175 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 21 déc. 2010, 18h47m
    Weird because in my part it works perfectly... (with last iTunes and iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2 given by someone of the staff).

• bap175 said:
    Weird because in my part it works perfectly... (with last iTunes and iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2 given by someone of the staff).

I'll try that, I hope it works for me too.

• danycando a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 22 déc. 2010, 19h20m
    I've installed the latest iTunes version and TunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2, but Scrobbling still doesn't work for me :(

• windows media player

yeah I don't know why you have nothing for windows media player..but my lasfm little scrobbling app wont recognize anything im playing from my windows media player and it did at first.and it's not even showing up in my profile on the actual page..

• this suck! please last.fm do something about that quickly :@

• kellyiom a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 26 déc. 2010, 0h18m

kellyiom

Don't use iTunes so WMP only and no scrobbling! doing my head in!

Relapse is Part of Recovery!
  • itunes updated itself, now scrobbling doesn't work at all. I get the 'last.fm is preparing your ipod to scrobble' every time I open iTunes even when the ipod isn't plugged in, that takes 10-15 minutes to go away, and nothing works after plugging in the ipod -- not waiting, not scrobbling manuallly, not itunes automatically scrobbling. SIGH.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.